bszoom42

Waiting for a NOA2 from CSC for your I-129F?

5,037 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Hahah :) TBone - we all care about each other here so of course we are interested in how things are going! I must say I read the "bye" thing with a bit of a gulp but if that is a way that she normally signs off then it's a lovely e-mail. The fact that she called you by your nickname to me suggests that she is at least thinking fondly of you :)

I was going to comment, but Jeraly pretty much took the words out of my mouth. So...same again from me. :thumbs:

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moxie - that is really weird!! Maybe she was... a robot?

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: Timeline
Bah.

Been there, heard that. The "against your better judgment" part was why it happened. Maybe next time, tell the front-line idiot "I was told to call back at this time today to speak with an Immigration Officer regarding exactly where in the Division my file is," and repeat this like a mantra until the f-l idiot transfers you. NOTHING is worse for the blood pressure than submitting to the f-l idiots.

Well, I was all prepared for a fight. I was gonna stand my ground, push as hard as I could, and dammit I *was* going to get some information. And then this sweet lovely lady answered, buttered me up, and so I ordered shields down. And that's when she struck. Straight out of Wrath of Khan! :blink: By the end of it I was just demoralized. Oh...she's good. She's real good.

Moxie - that is really weird!! Maybe she was... a robot?

I don't think so. What I encountered was 97% pure evilmantium. You can't get that purity level from the stores. You have to have a license and know people. I'm still scraping the frost from my eyebrows.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Hahah :) TBone - we all care about each other here so of course we are interested in how things are going! I must say I read the "bye" thing with a bit of a gulp but if that is a way that she normally signs off then it's a lovely e-mail. The fact that she called you by your nickname to me suggests that she is at least thinking fondly of you :)

I was going to comment, but Jeraly pretty much took the words out of my mouth. So...same again from me. :thumbs:

Well, I trust you guys eminently, si man, so gratzies... er, gracias. Differing opinions, if any, are also solicited. And Mox, not to smear your repute, but should we beware of anything coming out of your mouth after that girlie-discussion of smears? It may be mixed with pute -- or, if an encore, with re-pute.

I now believe that CSC FLIs (front-line idiots) are those who washed out from employment with the TSA.

The DHL package to C. contained one semi-Machiavellian item: a color printout of a foto of her hand holding her newly purchased wedding ring in its velour box (we bought the rings early in Ecuador for reasons of quality and price, si man). I put a note on the printout saying, "I shouldn't have enclosed this, but it is truly beautiful... the ring and the box, too!" Ha! Do we have to hand it to me (ha), si man? :)

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Haha - flattery will get you everywhere :yes:

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Jeraly ???

You seem so organized ...how come you did not send packed 3 back yet? and you don't have to answer if you think I am intrusive :lol: i will understand :yes:

Laurence

10/15/2007 NOA1

04/29/2008 RFE by email

05/03/2008 RFE hard copy received

Reply to RFE sent 05/05/2008

RFE received at CSC 05/06/2008

NOA2 05/15/2008

NOA2 hard copy 05/19/2008

Packet 3 received 06/09/2008

Packet 3 completed and sent 06/10/2008

Medical 06/11/2008

Packet 3 received @ Embassy 06/12/2008

Packet 4 07/03/2008

Interview 07/17/2008

POE 07/31/2008

Wedding 08/08/2008

Because next week I am flying out to the US and I don't want to get my interview date or packet 4 before I get back!!!! And who told you I was organised?!?!??!?! :lol: I feel like a neurotic mess at the moment!!!

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

lol..so do I ..you just seem like you know a lot and it is great...I hope you have a great time...my time over x-mas and New Year was fab...but since i came back it is really hard

Laurence

10/15/2007 NOA1

04/29/2008 RFE by email

05/03/2008 RFE hard copy received

Reply to RFE sent 05/05/2008

RFE received at CSC 05/06/2008

NOA2 05/15/2008

NOA2 hard copy 05/19/2008

Packet 3 received 06/09/2008

Packet 3 completed and sent 06/10/2008

Medical 06/11/2008

Packet 3 received @ Embassy 06/12/2008

Packet 4 07/03/2008

Interview 07/17/2008

POE 07/31/2008

Wedding 08/08/2008

Haha - I don't know a lot - I have learned through doing... someone sent me an e-mail through my website the other day about family based immigration and I didn't have a clue!!!!

Have also learned from many many mistakes ;)

I kinda know what I am doing but I am looking forward to putting my new knowledge into practice with AOS!!! As for organised - I am convinced I am going to forget something crucial next week!!

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

Well, I trust you guys eminently, si man, so gratzies... er, gracias. Differing opinions, if any, are also solicited. And Mox, not to smear your repute, but should we beware of anything coming out of your mouth after that girlie-discussion of smears? It may be mixed with pute -- or, if an encore, with re-pute.

I now believe that CSC FLIs (front-line idiots) are those who washed out from employment with the TSA.

The DHL package to C. contained one semi-Machiavellian item: a color printout of a foto of her hand holding her newly purchased wedding ring in its velour box (we bought the rings early in Ecuador for reasons of quality and price, si man). I put a note on the printout saying, "I shouldn't have enclosed this, but it is truly beautiful... the ring and the box, too!" Ha! Do we have to hand it to me (ha), si man? :)

Careful there TBone..I work part-time for TSA

K-1 Timeline:

May 31, 2007 - Mailed I-129F to Nebraska

Oct. 22, 2007 - NOA2 Hard Copy received!! No email/website update.

Nov. 16, 2007 - Paperwork found & received by NVC!

Jan. 7, 2008 - Finally got the interview date

Jan. 28, 2008 - Interview!! Approved!!!

Feb. 12, 2008 - Arrives in USA!!!

Feb. 18, 2008 - Wedding Day!!!!!!

Feb. 19, 2008 - Apply for SSN

AOS Timeline:

Mar. 12, 2008 - Packet mailed (AOS, EAD, & AP)

Mar. 12, 2008 - Husband's SSN arrives

Mar. 14, 2008 - AOS pkt was delivered at 7:52 AM & signed for by V BUSTAMANTE.

Mar. 18, 2008 - Check cashed!!

Mar. 21, 2008 - NOA's for AOS, EAD & I-131!! (Dated 3-18-08)

Mar. 31, 2008 - Can finally see AP & EAD online!!

Apr. 10, 2008 - Biometrics finished! Can finally see AOS online & EAD touch!

May 12, 2008 - Email: AP approved!!

May 14, 2008 - Email: EAD approved!!

May 16, 2008 - EAD card & AP in hand!!

Sept 19, 2008 - Interview letter - Oct. 24th - Seattle??

Oct. 21, 2008 - A Touch..WOW!! The interviewer must've put it on his/her desk!

Oct. 24, 2008 - Interview..now back to waiting!

Nov 13, 2008 - Approved! Card Production Ordered...finally!!

Nov 24, 2008 - Card arrives!!!!

Bah.

On a complete whim I decided to call customer service. Could not get through to CSC, so against all better judgement just let myself fall through to the main customer support line. Got a *really* nice lady who was so polite and cheery that I was completely amazed. She even noted that I had an I-129F, and congratulated me on my engagement, and said I must be very excited. She looked my file up, looked into what CSC was doing, and then quoted me the standard "CSC are working on July 19 filers line." So then I mentioned I was part of an internet community of filers and had seen a lot of August filers being approved, and even a single October filer. And it was like a completely different person with her voice got on the phone. She immediately went stone cold on me, and said "Sir, nobody jumps ahead of the line. All files are processed strictly in order." So I said that I understood it, and that I was just calling to see if maybe we were a little further along than July 19. And again she cut me off right in the middle of my sentence and repeated the "Sir, nobody jumps..." line. It was just surreal, and completely took me by surprise. One second we're having a really nice conversation, then the next she's completely shutting me down. So I just decided it wasn't worth arguing over, thanked her for her time, and hung up.

Bah. :angry:

I must have spoken to the same lady because that's exacly how my conversation went. As soon as I mentioned that I was part of an on-line community - she changed her tune and was very cold. She gave me the quip - "every petition is different..." At that point I was like Lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalal

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
You have a point though, TBone, I have heard horrible things about TSA at other airports, but I promise you, if you come to PDX (Portland)- DE checkpoint between 4-9am (my shift) you'll find we're a bunch fun loving, kind and respectful officers :) PDX got best US airport the last 2 years running, but we've had several passengers tell us how awful they are at other airports. Just don't lump me or my crew in with them :) Edited by u2rsobad

K-1 Timeline:

May 31, 2007 - Mailed I-129F to Nebraska

Oct. 22, 2007 - NOA2 Hard Copy received!! No email/website update.

Nov. 16, 2007 - Paperwork found & received by NVC!

Jan. 7, 2008 - Finally got the interview date

Jan. 28, 2008 - Interview!! Approved!!!

Feb. 12, 2008 - Arrives in USA!!!

Feb. 18, 2008 - Wedding Day!!!!!!

Feb. 19, 2008 - Apply for SSN

AOS Timeline:

Mar. 12, 2008 - Packet mailed (AOS, EAD, & AP)

Mar. 12, 2008 - Husband's SSN arrives

Mar. 14, 2008 - AOS pkt was delivered at 7:52 AM & signed for by V BUSTAMANTE.

Mar. 18, 2008 - Check cashed!!

Mar. 21, 2008 - NOA's for AOS, EAD & I-131!! (Dated 3-18-08)

Mar. 31, 2008 - Can finally see AP & EAD online!!

Apr. 10, 2008 - Biometrics finished! Can finally see AOS online & EAD touch!

May 12, 2008 - Email: AP approved!!

May 14, 2008 - Email: EAD approved!!

May 16, 2008 - EAD card & AP in hand!!

Sept 19, 2008 - Interview letter - Oct. 24th - Seattle??

Oct. 21, 2008 - A Touch..WOW!! The interviewer must've put it on his/her desk!

Oct. 24, 2008 - Interview..now back to waiting!

Nov 13, 2008 - Approved! Card Production Ordered...finally!!

Nov 24, 2008 - Card arrives!!!!

Haha - I don't know a lot - I have learned through doing... someone sent me an e-mail through my website the other day about family based immigration and I didn't have a clue!!!!

Have also learned from many many mistakes ;)

I kinda know what I am doing but I am looking forward to putting my new knowledge into practice with AOS!!! As for organised - I am convinced I am going to forget something crucial next week!!

Jeraly ROCKS!!!!

Haha!!! That was rather emphatic!! :lol:

And forgive me for sounding stupid but... what is TSA :blush:

*runs away to watch TV before she looks anymore ignorant ;) *

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
Yeah Tbone. I hope that all went well....

Well... we had The Talk.

So sorry to hear that ... this process exacts a toll in so many ways. You're a good man and I hope that your lady has a change of heart.

-- A

• Summer 2006 - My dad sponsors Ania for tourist visit
  • October 22, 2006 - Ania visits the US, we're introduced
  • November 2006 - Getting to know each other
  • December 2006 - Ania moves in
  • April 17, 2007 - Ania's six month stay comes to an end
  • June 2007 - I propose, she accepts!
  • July 3, 2007 - Travel to Warsaw to see Ania, declare my intentions to her family
  • July 2007 - Discuss options with immigration attorney - she advises me to self-file to save money
  • July 2007 - Gathering up I129f materials
  • July 26, 2007 - USPS overnight packet to CSC
  • August 18, 2007 - NOA1 (dated August 14, 2007)
  • November 20, 2007 - Ania and I meet in London, UK, visit Tarifa, ES
  • February 25, 2008 - NOA2 approved! Received email from CRIS 10:29 PM

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.