bszoom42

Waiting for a NOA2 from CSC for your I-129F?

5,037 posts in this topic

Yay!!

Oh - in the afternoon when I am busy the boards wake up!! Damn American times!! :lol: Ah well - I'll be able to board-hover while I await for EAD :whistle: *and* people will actually be up :D

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kewlies!! So we're on a count of two now?

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: Timeline
GO CSC!!!! *cheering with a mouthful of browinies and one in each hand*

MOX - make more! :thumbs:

No more brownies until I get taken off the bottom of the list! Embargo ON!

September (1-30) = 0

please correct it if somebody has accurate info

Just to continue my streak of 100% incorrect predictions, I have a really good feeling that we'll see our first September CSC filer approved this week.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

:thumbs: and hopefully first October filer by 3rd week of February....or am I too optimistic :devil:

Laurence (F)

Laurence

10/15/2007 NOA1

04/29/2008 RFE by email

05/03/2008 RFE hard copy received

Reply to RFE sent 05/05/2008

RFE received at CSC 05/06/2008

NOA2 05/15/2008

NOA2 hard copy 05/19/2008

Packet 3 received 06/09/2008

Packet 3 completed and sent 06/10/2008

Medical 06/11/2008

Packet 3 received @ Embassy 06/12/2008

Packet 4 07/03/2008

Interview 07/17/2008

POE 07/31/2008

Wedding 08/08/2008

Filers approved per service center by month. Percentage is % of filers approved. (larger is better)

CSC               VSC
October   | 0/63    (0%)    | 25/79   (31.6%)
November  | 0/36    (0%)    | 0/41    (0%)
December  | 0/41    (0%)    | 1/39    (2.6%)
January   | 1/22    (4.5%)  | 1/41    (2.4%)

Filed: Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Heres a couple articles postulating that the slowdown at USCIS is actually a plot by the Republicans and the current Administration to prevent applicants from voting in the upcoming presidential elections.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...8012502997.html

http://www.ilw.com/articles/2008,0128-lee.shtm

I wouldnt put it past our government to do it...

Sent I-129f to CSC: Sept 26, 2007

Received by CSC: Sept 28, 2007

Check cashed by CSC: Oct 24, 2007

NOA1 date: Oct 24, 2007

NOA1 hardcopy recieved: Oct 27, 2007

Touched: Feb 7, 2008

NOA2 email: Feb 7, 2008

NOA2 hardcopy received: Feb 12, 2008

NVC received: Feb 19, 2008

NVC sent: Feb 21, 2008

Packet 4 received: March 4, 2008

Packet 4 sent back: March 11, 2008

Interview date given: March 12, 2008

Interview date: April 7, 2008

Heres a couple articles postulating that the slowdown at USCIS is actually a plot by the Republicans and the current Administration to prevent applicants from voting in the upcoming presidential elections.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...8012502997.html

http://www.ilw.com/articles/2008,0128-lee.shtm

I wouldnt put it past our government to do it...

I don't buy it. Hispanics are voting Republican in droves these days, and many of the Republican candidates are counting on the Hispanic vote. Nothing would lose this election faster for the Republicans than if it were to come out that they were blocking immigration efforts.

I think the problem is much simpler to identify: Incompetence. Emilio Gonzalez is a Bush appointee, and like many Bush appointees, seems to have no idea how to do his job. Congress *wants* to throw money at USCIS, but Gonzalez has turned it down. He does not believe there is a resource problem and has placed the blame fully on the FBI. (the FBI, meanwhile, are going "huh? We have an average 2-week turn-around!")

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
I don't buy it. Hispanics are voting Republican in droves these days, and many of the Republican candidates are counting on the Hispanic vote. Nothing would lose this election faster for the Republicans than if it were to come out that they were blocking immigration efforts.

I think the problem is much simpler to identify: Incompetence. Emilio Gonzalez is a Bush appointee, and like many Bush appointees, seems to have no idea how to do his job. Congress *wants* to throw money at USCIS, but Gonzalez has turned it down. He does not believe there is a resource problem and has placed the blame fully on the FBI. (the FBI, meanwhile, are going "huh? We have an average 2-week turn-around!")

I'm not so sure about your first point, however, I'm not sure so I'm not saying you're wrong :P.

I had wondered myself what motivation Gonzalez had for refusing financial aid. It is a very compelling argument that maybe Gonzalez has an ulterior motive driven by politics rather than being thoroughly incompetent. He accepted there were issues, blamed the FBI but never suggested a resolution other than that people would have to stomach the delays. Why on earth would anyone refuse financial help when the service has faced the largest volume of petitions in their history and are still offering a p!$$ poor service despite the revenue increase in the latter part of the year?

I am still amazed that NVC, who handle every single immigrant visa petition, can turn them around in 2 to 4 weeks on average. There's summat wrong somewhere.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.