bszoom42

Waiting for a NOA2 from CSC for your I-129F?

5,037 posts in this topic

Hrmmm I still maintain that inactive profiles should be deleted... it would make the data much more accurate...

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Hrmmm I still maintain that inactive profiles should be deleted... it would make the data much more accurate...

I'd just be satisfied with inactive profiles for 60+ or 90+ days do not get counted in the timeline, or at least have an option to exclude them when generating a timeline search.

Yeah but something needs to be done so the information and data is more reliable... I mean I don't think it is all that bad as it is really but still - I am thinking about your projected date - if that is based on someone from 2005 who still hasn't put in their NOA2 date it can't be doing anyone any favours!!!

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Okay...anyone ever do this?

This morning I came in to work, opened my email, and there's an email from CRIS. HOLY #######!! My heart practically leapt out of my chest. And then I read the Subject line: "USCIS Change Password Notification." Duuuuuhhhh...oh yeah. I changed it last night because...um...I forgot my password.

<_<

I blame StP.

Yes - I think *everyone* has had that!!! It's pretty funny :lol:

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
This morning I came in to work, opened my email, and there's an email from CRIS. HOLY #######!! My heart practically leapt out of my chest. And then I read the Subject line: "USCIS Change Password Notification." Duuuuuhhhh...oh yeah. I changed it last night because...um...I forgot my password.

Do not pass Word, do not collect NOA2000 dollars. :crying:

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Just remember, that my timeline for instance looks inactive because I have no NOA1 but i'm still here waiting and there may be one or two others in the same boat. I'm around day 140 with no NOA1 and on day 14 since my second petition was sent. I do realise something though now, if USCIS loses your petition and you request that they honor your original date there is a very good legal reason why they need to.

For instance, lets say your on a visa (even k1) and adjust status. While waiting for a receipt for your AOS your visa expires, then you discover 120 days later that your case file was lost and never receipted. Well if they didnt recognise your original file date then you'd be out of status when you reapply and lmay be denied. Which means that the USCIS mistake could cost you everything.

I think the few people in my place that did not get their dates honored were do to the fact that their lawyers apparently sent the package out identical to the first making USCIS assume that it was their first time applying. And once they receipt it, apparently its hard to argue dates.

Just remember, that my timeline for instance looks inactive because I have no NOA1 but i'm still here waiting and there may be one or two others in the same boat.

Yeah but you wouldn't be considered "inactive" because you actively login to VJ. If I were designing an inactivity system, I'd consider anyone that hasn't logged in within the last 90 days to be inactive. I wouldn't remove their profile or timeline, but I wouldn't use their timeline to compute stats. I'd also make it an option to exclude "inactive" members when generating timeline lookups/searches.

As for members who *do* login but don't update their timeline, I don't have a solution for that. There are some people who just aren't going to play ball, and I guess that's their choice. Fortunately I think it's a pretty small group of people that choose that route, so it's not too bad. But I suspect that timeline abandoners skew the timelines noticeably.

Just remember, that my timeline for instance looks inactive because I have no NOA1 but i'm still here waiting and there may be one or two others in the same boat.

Yeah but you wouldn't be considered "inactive" because you actively login to VJ. If I were designing an inactivity system, I'd consider anyone that hasn't logged in within the last 90 days to be inactive. I wouldn't remove their profile or timeline, but I wouldn't use their timeline to compute stats. I'd also make it an option to exclude "inactive" members when generating timeline lookups/searches.

As for members who *do* login but don't update their timeline, I don't have a solution for that. There are some people who just aren't going to play ball, and I guess that's their choice. Fortunately I think it's a pretty small group of people that choose that route, so it's not too bad. But I suspect that timeline abandoners skew the timelines noticeably.

What I was going to say!! People who haven't logged onto VJ in 90 days should have their timelines removed from the data that provides us with the projected timelines :)

Now who can explain all this in a coherent manner so someone can make the suggestion to Ewok/post on the suggestions forum :)

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

:dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:

His interview was yesterday (the 28th there)...after about a 3 min interview, she wished us a happy life together and told him good luck! So if anyone heard shouting coming from Vancouver, WA yesterday afternoon...it was me!!!! I'm so happy I can hardly stand it!

Thanks to all of my friends here on VJ for your endless support and advice. I appreciate all of you more than words could ever say.

Sandi

K-1 Timeline:

May 31, 2007 - Mailed I-129F to Nebraska

Oct. 22, 2007 - NOA2 Hard Copy received!! No email/website update.

Nov. 16, 2007 - Paperwork found & received by NVC!

Jan. 7, 2008 - Finally got the interview date

Jan. 28, 2008 - Interview!! Approved!!!

Feb. 12, 2008 - Arrives in USA!!!

Feb. 18, 2008 - Wedding Day!!!!!!

Feb. 19, 2008 - Apply for SSN

AOS Timeline:

Mar. 12, 2008 - Packet mailed (AOS, EAD, & AP)

Mar. 12, 2008 - Husband's SSN arrives

Mar. 14, 2008 - AOS pkt was delivered at 7:52 AM & signed for by V BUSTAMANTE.

Mar. 18, 2008 - Check cashed!!

Mar. 21, 2008 - NOA's for AOS, EAD & I-131!! (Dated 3-18-08)

Mar. 31, 2008 - Can finally see AP & EAD online!!

Apr. 10, 2008 - Biometrics finished! Can finally see AOS online & EAD touch!

May 12, 2008 - Email: AP approved!!

May 14, 2008 - Email: EAD approved!!

May 16, 2008 - EAD card & AP in hand!!

Sept 19, 2008 - Interview letter - Oct. 24th - Seattle??

Oct. 21, 2008 - A Touch..WOW!! The interviewer must've put it on his/her desk!

Oct. 24, 2008 - Interview..now back to waiting!

Nov 13, 2008 - Approved! Card Production Ordered...finally!!

Nov 24, 2008 - Card arrives!!!!

Gratzies!!! That is great news!!! Soon you don't have to be apart anymore!! :D

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats!!!

Check my always up to date List of I-129F filers waiting for NOA2s. Now with some statistics. The data is from the VJ.com timelines.

I-129F Timeline

06/Aug/2007 I-129F sent to CSC, 24/Jan/2008 NOA2 171 days, 27/Feb/2008 Interview, 05/Mar/2008 Arrived together to US; POE SFO, 13/Mar/2008 Married!

10/May/2008 Our daughter Sophia was born, weighing in at 3.895kg (8lb 9.4oz) and 53.5 cm long (21.06").

AOS Timeline

01/Jul/2008 Mailed AOS, EAD, and AP docs, 08/Jul/2008 NOA1 for I-485, I-765, and I-130, 29/Jul/2008 Biometrics, 22/Oct/2008 AOS interview, 04/Nov/2008 Green card received!

Igor/Игорь 3dflags_usa0001-0002a.gif & 3dflags_rus0001-0002a.gif Элина/Elina

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Er...so now I *know* you're messing with me, because now I've been pushed down 2 more slots. There better be a good explanation for this! :ranting:

Of course I am messing with you! :lol:

But seriously, I've made a couple more tweeks to the filtering logic and now include petitions with a sent date, but no noa1 date, that were last updated at least a month after the sent date. Does that make sense? Or should I exclude all without the noa1 date with no updates in the last xyz days?

Ideally it'd be nice to filter them by the last seen date, but that is not available as part of the timeline search function. And then there are also some timelines without associated profiles, so there is no last seen date to begin with.

Any ideas?

Check my always up to date List of I-129F filers waiting for NOA2s. Now with some statistics. The data is from the VJ.com timelines.

I-129F Timeline

06/Aug/2007 I-129F sent to CSC, 24/Jan/2008 NOA2 171 days, 27/Feb/2008 Interview, 05/Mar/2008 Arrived together to US; POE SFO, 13/Mar/2008 Married!

10/May/2008 Our daughter Sophia was born, weighing in at 3.895kg (8lb 9.4oz) and 53.5 cm long (21.06").

AOS Timeline

01/Jul/2008 Mailed AOS, EAD, and AP docs, 08/Jul/2008 NOA1 for I-485, I-765, and I-130, 29/Jul/2008 Biometrics, 22/Oct/2008 AOS interview, 04/Nov/2008 Green card received!

Igor/Игорь 3dflags_usa0001-0002a.gif & 3dflags_rus0001-0002a.gif Элина/Elina

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.