bszoom42

Waiting for a NOA2 from CSC for your I-129F?

5,037 posts in this topic

Sounds good to me ;) My moving date is pretty set but I am looking forward to normality - I can't wait to just turn around to Jeremy and say "hey - you fancy going out to dinner tonight?" or "You want to watch a movie or would you prefer tv?" or even "Hey - you should hang out with your friends tonight - I could use a girly night in" where that would actually be special not just the norm :D

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Sounds good to me ;) My moving date is pretty set but I am looking forward to normality - I can't wait to just turn around to Jeremy and say "hey - you fancy going out to dinner tonight?" or "You want to watch a movie or would you prefer tv?" or even "Hey - you should hang out with your friends tonight - I could use a girly night in" where that would actually be special not just the norm :D

So, your answer is "si, man"? :) I like your envisionments!

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Well of course! My mum when Jeremy is here is obsessed with us going out or seeing things and doing things - we just want to be normal! We want to do a jigsaw puzzle together or watch a movie or go visit friends - we don't want to go travelling halfway across the country to see a nice house or something stupid!!

I think my mum finds it hard to understand that when I visit there and Jeremy comes here it isn't like a normal holiday - it is about us spending quality time together. Of course how would she understand it - when she goes to a different country she likes to visit things and do things because it is a holiday to her... but it is very difficult to get that across!!

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
After having taken a walk, I conclude that the fiancee [1] is/was truly stressed; is a sweet, darling, nonmalicious cutie-pie; [iii] deserves all the respect and understanding available in both hemispheres; and [Four] does love me -- just dig those fotos right here on VJ. Ergothuswithforthly, because I love her, I will not only abide, but also accept, her current situation & wishes, and I shall keep reminding myself of what a 100% change in life she faces vis-a-vis marrying moi and moving to the Estados Unidos, and I shall bear in my forebrain the reality that she wants & needs to accomplish several things in her life that do not arise selfishly, but that are good for her now & long-term, and I shall morefurtherly tell her that she can have most of the 6-month visa-validity period to do whatever she needs or wants to do in Ecuador before coming here, and I shall resolve to quit composing run-on sentences. Si, man.

Si, man? Revise, man? No, man?

TBone, that is so sweet. I think mox pretty much had it nailed about people reacting in different ways to stress. Prior to this month starting I was fine with everything, really hopeful and busy. Since the new year I've had a lot of trouble staying focussed on anything but this NOA2 to the detriment of my work and studies. Jesse tends to immerse himself and manages to enjoy life without too much stressing about this process until I tell him what's going on with CSC and then he gets wound up. But, he does have the ability to remain positive mostly, telling me at times when I really feel there's no hope that 'nothing will stop us from being together - we will find a way'. I wish I could be like him. Anyway, I do think that what you said above makes sense and will be received well by your fiancee. Good luck with that :)

Aly, I concur about the online thing being second best. I used to love it but now I generally find it a frustrating experience.

Aha! So it's not just me! That makes me feel better :)

Jeremy is much the same in terms of keeping positive though he sometimes does it to the detriment of his wellbeing - he'll be struggling behind the scenes and I won't know about it because he is trying to "protect" me :P

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Timeline
TBone, that is so sweet. I think mox pretty much had it nailed about people reacting in different ways to stress [...] 'nothing will stop us from being together - we will find a way'. I wish I could be like him. Anyway, I do think that what you said above makes sense and will be received well by your fiancee. Good luck with that :)

Why, gracias, TracyBone, si man. Repeating Jesse's quote, ideally out loud and certainly with conviction, several times a day, could be the antidote to the unfocused distraction that you, I, Mox, and we all face to varying degrees.

Definition for the Day:

Varying Degree, n. - Assuming that one has a PhD when it is really an MS. And that's no B.S. Si, man.

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
TBone, that is so sweet. I think mox pretty much had it nailed about people reacting in different ways to stress [...] 'nothing will stop us from being together - we will find a way'. I wish I could be like him. Anyway, I do think that what you said above makes sense and will be received well by your fiancee. Good luck with that :)

Why, gracias, TracyBone, si man. Repeating Jesse's quote, ideally out loud and certainly with conviction, several times a day, could be the antidote to the unfocused distraction that you, I, Mox, and we all face to varying degrees.

Definition for the Day:

Varying Degree, n. - Assuming that one has a PhD when it is really an MS. And that's no B.S. Si, man.

You're funny, si man!

Timeline
You're funny, si man!

And handsome, suave, debonair, irresistible, and the most modest, humble soul who ever trod the earth, bar none! Si, man. :) :) :jest:

But of course!

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: Timeline
*reins mox in*

*pets him*

There there - it's not all bad - you have a beautiful woman who loves you and this will all be worth it in the end :) Work is sent out to annoy us - when Nadya gets there you can concentrate on her, your life together and mayeb hunting down that elusive dream job ;)

It's a time for new beginnings and building dreams so don't lose sight just yet - there is so much to look forward to and so much to be excited about :D

I was p1$$ed off in work today as well - I would go into details but it would probably be long and boring :lol:

Thanks hon! :blush:

Today is just a down-biorhythm day for me today. All factors previously mentioned plus really crappy weather for the last week have conspired to make mox a sad panda. And you're right, I do have a beautiful woman who is patiently waiting for her opportunity to spend 5 minutes in front of a faceless bureaucrat so she can get a sticker in her passport that says she can walk to the other side of an airport and into my arms. That thought keeps me sane. Ish.

With regards to the service center who shall not be named, I really am not even asking or expecting mine to be approved with any immediacy. I'm still well within my designated waiting period, no need for me to spaz. But I do wish we could either see the service center who shall not be named processing a reasonable number of applications, or get an explanation as to why it's not happening and when we can expect it to pick up again.

Okay, operation "whiny mox" is complete. Re-commencing normal operations at this time. <_<

Haha - we all have down days - there is no reason you shouldn't be entitled to yours!! Besides - it is dire - like I have said before - I have my NOA2 and *I* get depressed looking at the sorry state of affairs - it makes me really angry and I wish there was something we could do about it... There must be... can we rally some kind of media support or get some kind of coverage? Maybe use VJ stats as a kinda proportional representation?

I'm useless at that kinda stuff but I am sure someone can come up with some good ideas - I just kinda want to draw attention to the comparison between VSC and CSC and shame the damn government into doing something about it!!

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Timeline
I just kinda want to draw attention to the comparison between VSC and CSC and shame the damn government into doing something about it!!

The damn government IS the shame, Dear. And, given some of the VSC fora (plural of "forum") that I try not to read, the VSC victims are jealous of US, si man.

To Mox: Spaz, man; thou art thusly permitted. Si, man. And the weather in southeastern Tejas (Mexican spelling, soon to be official again, si man) sucks worsely, si man, and I have an out-of-town trip tomorrow that will keep me off VJ till late Sunday at earliest, si man.

Filed: Timeline

I would be more inspired to take some kind of action if I thought it stood even a tiny chance of affecting change. But (IMHO) any kind of change is at least a year out. Emilio Gonzalez, the Director of USCIS, has already made it very clear (especially in the last congressional hearings on naturalization) that he does not believe there is a resource shortage at USCIS, and places most of the blame for slow (naturalization) processing times squarely on the shoulders of the FBI. Congress asked him point blank how much money he needed them to throw at his department in order to speed up all filings, and he refused their help.

Gonzalez was appointed by President Bush, and nothing short of the President firing him (not happening) or Congressional impeachment (definitely not happening) will remove him from his job. We have a full year to wait until we have a new President who will then appoint a new Director. That Director may be better or worse. As a bleeding heart liberal I'd like to think that President Obama will make a good choice, but who knows? ;)

I just kinda want to draw attention to the comparison between VSC and CSC and shame the damn government into doing something about it!!

The damn government IS the shame, Dear. And, given some of the VSC fora (plural of "forum") that I try not to read, the VSC victims are jealous of US, si man.

How?! What on earth have they got to complain about?! Ok I know and understand the difficulties and torment that arise from being without your loved one but here I am feeling sorry for fellow CSC-ers and thinking I got pretty damn lucky!! If I were with VSC, October filer, I would be seriously be feeling guilty/sorry for those still waiting for so long and still would wonder why there is such a difference in the service centres...

I don't even know what advice to give people anymore - I don't know if a K3 is quicker or slower than K1 through CSC as it has come to a standstill!!!

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Timeline

How?! What on earth have they got to complain about?! Ok I know and understand the difficulties and torment that arise from being without your loved one but here I am feeling sorry for fellow CSC-ers and thinking I got pretty damn lucky!! If I were with VSC, October filer, I would be seriously be feeling guilty/sorry for those still waiting for so long and still would wonder why there is such a difference in the service centres...

I don't even know what advice to give people anymore - I don't know if a K3 is quicker or slower than K1 through CSC as it has come to a standstill!!!

There's quite a number of VSC filers from June and July who are not being approved whilst Sept and Oct filers sing and dance about their good fortune (spose I would too - it's hardly their fault)

From my perspective, barely anyone is being approved at CSC which makes it slightly more tolerable seeing no action on my petition. I can't imagine how they must be feeling.

Advice I would give - VJ doesn't like it, but it doesn't involve any type of K visa.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.