bszoom42

Waiting for a NOA2 from CSC for your I-129F?

5,037 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
reading the 'effects of major changes...' threads is pretty sobering sometimes :(

Yup very sobering. Reading about couples in extended processing for whatever reason puts things in perspective for me too.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
STP thanks for the new list!

I also believe that having to wait to actually be together is a tset for a relationship and I also have to agree that it has made the relationship between James and me a lot stronger.

But in our case,and that's why I'm so drained right now-

he left Germany August 6th,2005 and we couldn't file for the K1 until October 2007 because his ex for some unknown reason didn't want the divorce until SHE finally had a good reason for it .And they haven't seen each other since Dec 2001.....

I don't have family nor friends left here in Germany and this recent slow down at CSC is just very frsutrating at the moment.

I wouldn't be AS frsutrated if things were moving (like 20+ approvals a week) but since it went down to 6 a week it gets to me.

I AM glad we have been through all of this because it did make us stronger and shows just how much we both care and love each other,but like I said ,right now I'm just exhausted and James isn't feeling any better sitting at our 1700 sqf house all by himself.........Thank God during the week he hardly has ANY time to think or even miss me since he works 60 hours a week but it gets to him right now and hearing him this sad makes me sad.......

Nat

I hear you.

I'm trying so hard to keep perspective on this. Six months is not a long time but I don't know right now whether my NOA2 is going to happen tomorrow or next month or in three months time.

I moved back in with my Mum back in July to make preparations and save for the move abroad. I left my two cats behind - they live with a very good friend of mine now and have a wonderful life. One of them is really old and I didn't want to uproot him to endure the heat in California or separate the two of them. I miss them though.

I also left friends, my home, most of my belongings and a permanent job. Now I'm on a temporary contract which ends at Easter and will have to find something else if this goes on much longer - which is just a hassle rather than some kind of tragedy. But after beginning preparations for this back in July I am ready and waiting for my life in the US to begin. Just about everything is in place but. as you say, the slowdown at CSC is making everything feel so uncertain.

On a positive note, I am saving money and enjoying my job. Jesse and I both try to keep busy so that it doesn't get to us too much and tell each other often that we will be together soon.

Whenever I post something like this I try to remind myself that if I whine too much about having to wait I run the risk of having egg on my face if I end up shouting about our NOA2 arriving the following day. I keep hoping. I know all our NOA2s will come soon. :)

Edited by babblesgirl

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

oh, babblesgirl, I so understand... I keep reminding myself - and others, when I'm bemoaning my situation - that this is NOT really that bad, in the global scheme of things; I'm not in a refugee camp, I have the use of my limbs, I know where tomorrow's meals are coming from, I don't live under a dictatorship... and I have someone who loves me, and I'm planning a new life with him, and it's closer than it's ever been :)

but at the same time all the little things just stack up and stack up until they're almost overwhelming... I'm in a share house right now, which I would NOT make permanent if I were staying in the UK, but it's a money-saving measure too, and 'temporary', so most of my stuff is in boxes, and I exist in the tiniest room imaginable, and live with flatmates who are very dear to me but who nevertheless generally do NOT do their share of the work... my jobs are in limbo; I can't give notice, but they know I'm leaving, which is an odd place to be... members of my family are ill, but I can't make plans to go back to Aus yet, until all this stuff is worked out... and of course there's just the waiting and the limbo and the missing my SO, which we've all remarked on so often... it feels never-ending, and when it affects EVERY aspect of our lives it can easily seem too much

but we WILL get through... and it will be soon... and then we'll barely think of it again :)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

I don't know about barely think about it - I think I will think about it a lot and be amazed at how far we have come... stories to tell the grandkids and all :lol:

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Timeline

:lol: good point :lol:

well, barely think about it in a BAD way; it won't make us depressed the way it does now ;)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Timeline
oh, babblesgirl, I so understand... I keep reminding myself - and others, when I'm bemoaning my situation - that this is NOT really that bad, in the global scheme of things; I'm not in a refugee camp, I have the use of my limbs, I know where tomorrow's meals are coming from, I don't live under a dictatorship... and I have someone who loves me, and I'm planning a new life with him, and it's closer than it's ever been :)

but at the same time all the little things just stack up and stack up until they're almost overwhelming... I'm in a share house right now, which I would NOT make permanent if I were staying in the UK, but it's a money-saving measure too, and 'temporary', so most of my stuff is in boxes, and I exist in the tiniest room imaginable, and live with flatmates who are very dear to me but who nevertheless generally do NOT do their share of the work... my jobs are in limbo; I can't give notice, but they know I'm leaving, which is an odd place to be... members of my family are ill, but I can't make plans to go back to Aus yet, until all this stuff is worked out... and of course there's just the waiting and the limbo and the missing my SO, which we've all remarked on so often... it feels never-ending, and when it affects EVERY aspect of our lives it can easily seem too much

but we WILL get through... and it will be soon... and then we'll barely think of it again :)

:luv: You totally understand. Couldn't have put it better myself. Things could be a whole lot worse but yeah the small things do stack up periodically. Although family being ill is a tremendous worry.

On a side note: I know that you, like me, haven't made any firm wedding plans. Are you hoping still to do it fairly quickly so you can get AOS underway? Maybe you could get an expedited AP so you can visit your family as soon as poss.

Defo - in fact I look back now and laugh at some parts - I mean how naive we were in the beginning, booking wedding, not making a copy of the packet etc... I feel very sage and wise while giving advice to newbies!! :lol:

Of course I will be able to laugh more once I get into the country next month... it's the only thing I am worried about right now :P

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Timeline
On a side note: I know that you, like me, haven't made any firm wedding plans. Are you hoping still to do it fairly quickly so you can get AOS underway? Maybe you could get an expedited AP so you can visit your family as soon as poss.

well, we'd already planned to go back to Aus in between - I'll get the visa, and then approximately a month later will fly to Australia (after packing up everything here and shipping everything I want to the US), and stay for about a month; David will come for the latter two weeks of that month, FINALLY meet my family (I'm SO SO SO impatient for that!!), and I'll tidy up loose ends there, and then we'll fly back to the US together... still don't quite know the timeframe from there, but maybe three weeks, maybe a month after our arrival we'll get married :)

my mum and dad will come across for it, and his are already in Texas, and so's his son, so there's the entire wedding party :lol:

my mum's planning a big party for while we're there in Sydney... difficult to make any real plans because of course, we still don't have a date, but we've been talking about it... just a nice big party, nothing formal, but just everyone together :)

I'm looking forward to showing David around Sydney, too... he always wanted to go to Aus, but never dreamed it would be under these circumstances :lol:

Edited by StillThePrettiest

061017001as.thumb.jpg

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Timeline

well, we'd already planned to go back to Aus in between - I'll get the visa, and then approximately a month later will fly to Australia (after packing up everything here and shipping everything I want to the US), and stay for about a month; David will come for the latter two weeks of that month, FINALLY meet my family (I'm SO SO SO impatient for that!!), and I'll tidy up loose ends there, and then we'll fly back to the US together... still don't quite know the timeframe from there, but maybe three weeks, maybe a month after our arrival we'll get married :)

my mum and dad will come across for it, and his are already in Texas, and so's his son, so there's the entire wedding party :lol:

my mum's planning a big party for while we're there in Sydney... difficult to make any real plans because of course, we still don't have a date, but we've been talking about it... just a nice big party, nothing formal, but just everyone together :)

I'm looking forward to showing David around Sydney, too... he always wanted to go to Aus, but never dreamed it would be under these circumstances :lol:

Fair enough, shouldn't be any problems if you're not moving out to the US before you visit Aus. Sounds like a good plan. Did you manage to get your fingerprinting done?

Timeline

there was actually a little more movement than I'd thought... there were a few updated timelines for earlier in the month, that I hadn't known about :)

but yes, I HOPE you're right :)

no fingerprints yet, BG... my appointment is next Saturday (it was the first available slot :wacko: ), and I'll have the form, cheque and envelope ready to go so I can just walk out of New Scotland Yard and post it :)

I just love that it's going to take at least three more weeks, and cost me more than £100 more, and when I get it it will say the same damn thing as the last one :angry::lol:

061017001as.thumb.jpg

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Awww - will be great for him to meet your family!!!:D Nice to fly back together too - Jeremy is coming out here for an evening reception then we will be flying back together - I am so glad because while I am going to be excited I am also going to be very emotional :)

Thing is I have to try and talk him into a 5th July wedding in Vegas... but I think he prolly won't be able to get the time off work... :/

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Oh dear... what do you do for work again moxie?! I want your job - you get paid to watch numbers on VJ!! :lol:

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

This unexpected and unprecedented delay has caused strain on our relationship. It seems I can't cheer her up all the way, no matter how hard I try. On the other hand, she seems resigned to waiting, and has made her peace with that. I feel very lucky, as other couples I know have fought about this pretty hard, and some of them have had relatively fast cases at the VSC! One thing I do know, once we get that NOA2, all of those feelings change instantly. I have seen it in other couples.

The thing about this delay I never thought of before is that it's going to cost us thousands of dollars. Originally, we'd hoped for a December or January interview, and then we revised that to February or March. Any of those dates would have been fine. That's the slow season for construction (my job). Now it looks like May or June might be closer to the mark. That is prime time to be working for me. I'll probably have to quit a job to be able to go to VN at that time to bring her to the U.S. Not good for the pocketbook. Furthermore, Mai Anh has made decisions with her job based on reasonable expectations which will cost her thousands of dollars. That's a little more complicated than my job. I still don't fully understand how business works in VN.

How are we supposed to plan our lives when things are so unpredictable? Maybe I should send USCIS a bill for our lost income. Haha. I know that would be an exercise in futility, but it's a delicious thought!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.