bszoom42

Waiting for a NOA2 from CSC for your I-129F?

5,037 posts in this topic

Wow - looks like it is dead again tonight!!

Ah well - glass of red, Chinese, not-too-unhealthy :unsure: snicker snacks and my DS calling :D

Yeah, I don't understand it. I hope people aren't so demoralized that they're not posting. Hey guys, if you're demoralized, then you NEED to post! Misery loves company and all that rot. :D

I have a nice merlot waiting for me when I get off work. Oh, and I'm making pelmeni tomorrow, the creation of which must always involve vodka.

Hmmmm well I have a merlot tonight as well funnily enough!!! See - we can't get you drinking in the middle of a day on a Saturday either as I am having a CSI night in!!! Hmmm... Will have to come up with devious plan...

What on earth is pelmeni? Nice?! If so then I want the recipe! Failing that you can just make it for when I come to visit in the summer :P

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
What on earth is pelmeni? Nice?! If so then I want the recipe! Failing that you can just make it for when I come to visit in the summer :P

Here you go: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pelmeni

180px-Pelmeni.jpg

Check my always up to date List of I-129F filers waiting for NOA2s. Now with some statistics. The data is from the VJ.com timelines.

I-129F Timeline

06/Aug/2007 I-129F sent to CSC, 24/Jan/2008 NOA2 171 days, 27/Feb/2008 Interview, 05/Mar/2008 Arrived together to US; POE SFO, 13/Mar/2008 Married!

10/May/2008 Our daughter Sophia was born, weighing in at 3.895kg (8lb 9.4oz) and 53.5 cm long (21.06").

AOS Timeline

01/Jul/2008 Mailed AOS, EAD, and AP docs, 08/Jul/2008 NOA1 for I-485, I-765, and I-130, 29/Jul/2008 Biometrics, 22/Oct/2008 AOS interview, 04/Nov/2008 Green card received!

Igor/Игорь 3dflags_usa0001-0002a.gif & 3dflags_rus0001-0002a.gif Элина/Elina

Looks kinda like ravioli/tortelloni... I see no mention of vodka...

*peers at moxie*

You're just using that to drink while preparing aren't you?!?!

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Filed: Timeline

Oops, missed your question for some reason.

They're basically the Russian version of pot stickers or ravioli. You make a flour/egg based dough, cut into 2 inch circles using the edge of a glass or something, and then fill with just about any kind of meat or sausage you want. If you want to be traditional make sure the sausage isn't spicy. I like to use a mixture of beef and pork. Anyway, you plop a little of your meat in the middle, then fold the circle in half and seal. Then you take the ends of the half circle you've made and you pinch them together. Put in boiling water until they rise to the surface. Put a bunch in a bowl, add some sour cream and you have a pretty tasty dinner. What's cool is you can make a bunch of them and then freeze (don't boil first). They freeze really well and make for a quick meal later.

I'll try to dig my recipe up when I get home if you're interested.

Looks kinda like ravioli/tortelloni... I see no mention of vodka...

*peers at moxie*

You're just using that to drink while preparing aren't you?!?!

No, no, no...it's...it's an integral ingredient! It's for...okay, yes. It's to keep the cook fresh. :D

Edited by mox

Haha - a domesticated male!! You think you can give Jeremy some hints?!?!? Am defo at yours for dinner one evening - I guess we'll return the favour if you fancy a trip down to dusty smoggy SoCal :lol: We might be living in a trailer as well but who knows?!

Still want to know where the vodka comes in...

Hahahaha I KNEW it!! :D

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Hmmmm well I have a merlot tonight as well funnily enough!!! See - we can't get you drinking in the middle of a day on a Saturday either as I am having a CSI night in!!! Hmmm... Will have to come up with devious plan...

Oooooooohhhhhh, CSI night!!! That's my favorite. Wish I could do that tonight. But my cousin had twins yesterday, so I'd better pay her a little visit. Maybe tomorrow night . . . . .

I-129F

11/15/2007 = Package sent overnight Fedex to CSC

11/16/2007 = Package arrived at CSC

11/21/2007 = NOA1 (according to www.uscis.gov online case status)

11/26/2007 = Check cashed (YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!)

11/28/2007 = Touched

11/30/2007 = Rec'd NOA1 hard copy in the mail

12/20/2007 = Touched

12/21/2007 = Touched

03/12/2008 = Touched (due to phone call)

03/24/2008 = NOA2!!!!!!!!!

03/25/2008 = Touched

04/23/2008 = Touched

05/05/2008 = Arrived at Consulate

05/12/2008 = Picked up Packets 3 & 4

06/24/2008 = Interview Date and APPROVAL

07/02/2008 = Picked up Visa at Embassy

07/05/2008 = Arrival in the U.S.!!!!!!!!! Met at POE in ATLANTA

07/06/2008 = Fly back to Salt Lake City Together!!!!

08/06/2008 = MARRIED TODAY!!!

AOS & EAD

08/23/2008 = Package sent via USPS with Signature Confirmation

08/25/2008 = Package arrived in Chicago

08/26/2008 = Check cashed

09/02/2008 = NOA1 for EAD and AOS received in the mail.

4400355_bodyshot_300x400.gif4400923_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Haha - a domesticated male!! You think you can give Jeremy some hints?!?!? Am defo at yours for dinner one evening - I guess we'll return the favour if you fancy a trip down to dusty smoggy SoCal :lol: We might be living in a trailer as well but who knows?!

Still want to know where the vodka comes in...

Hahahaha I KNEW it!! :D

It's a deal. I'm not a bad cook, but I'm still trying to get my hands around all these Russian meals. Last week I tried my hand at borscht, which is a stew made with beets. It's a whole heckuva lot better than it sounds. It turned out pretty well, but I think I can do better next time.

Jeremy's not too bad really at experimenting with different foods - allrecipes.com is excellent for ideas :) He likes pretending to know what he is doing in the kitchen :lol: Normally it is something bizarre but it tastes good - now to get it all healthy cause I feel like a lard bucket at the moment...

On another note - don't you hate it when someone sings along to music you can't hear and they are totally out of tune and don't know the words?! I mean if the music is loud and you can't hear them then fine... My little bro is doing my head in - he sounds like an injured camel and I just want to go put him out of his misery... :angry:

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

On another note - don't you hate it when someone sings along to music you can't hear and they are totally out of tune and don't know the words?! I mean if the music is loud and you can't hear them then fine... My little bro is doing my head in - he sounds like an injured camel and I just want to go put him out of his misery... :angry:

Ah yes, the scourge of our iPod generation. I've been walking a lot on the coastal jogging trail and run into people like that all the time. Drives me nuts.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
experimenting with different foods - allrecipes.com is excellent for ideas

Cooking is fun! Mark taught me how to make burgers when I was visiting him, and I introduced him to balsamic vinegar and 5 different ways to make chicken... I need to learn how to cook more different types of meat.

My little bro is doing my head in - he sounds like an injured camel and I just want to go put him out of his misery... :angry:

You should burst in all dramatic and start singing along to make your point!

Settling into married life

Waiting on the EAD, AP, and AOS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Hey, congratulations to Dale & Juanita who filed in May (!!!!!). They just received their NOA2 yesterday. Give that well-deserving couple a big hand, it's about time they were taken care of! :thumbs:

Big congrats to them!!! :dance:

Does that mean CSC is alive?

Check my always up to date List of I-129F filers waiting for NOA2s. Now with some statistics. The data is from the VJ.com timelines.

I-129F Timeline

06/Aug/2007 I-129F sent to CSC, 24/Jan/2008 NOA2 171 days, 27/Feb/2008 Interview, 05/Mar/2008 Arrived together to US; POE SFO, 13/Mar/2008 Married!

10/May/2008 Our daughter Sophia was born, weighing in at 3.895kg (8lb 9.4oz) and 53.5 cm long (21.06").

AOS Timeline

01/Jul/2008 Mailed AOS, EAD, and AP docs, 08/Jul/2008 NOA1 for I-485, I-765, and I-130, 29/Jul/2008 Biometrics, 22/Oct/2008 AOS interview, 04/Nov/2008 Green card received!

Igor/Игорь 3dflags_usa0001-0002a.gif & 3dflags_rus0001-0002a.gif Элина/Elina

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Hey, congratulations to Dale & Juanita who filed in May (!!!!!). They just received their NOA2 yesterday. Give that well-deserving couple a big hand, it's about time they were taken care of! :thumbs:

It's funny, I don't know them but I'm still extremely pleased and happy for them! Congratulations!!! That's a long time to wait. I hope they get a speedy date for the interview.

Settling into married life

Waiting on the EAD, AP, and AOS

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

I took Mox's suggestion and called USCIS to find out ####### the holdup is with I-129F processing.

I spoke with the CSR lady at lunch today using the RFE trick and asked her my case status. She said they are currently working on the July 31, 2007 applications and with that said, I shouldn't expect a decision on my case until 4 months from now. Funny cuz according to my VJ timeline, my estimated date slipped down to 5/3/08 (from 4/7/08).

I then asked her what the hold up at CSC is. I told her that i belong to an online community where members post their approvals from different service centers and based on the numbers, VSC is processing faster than CSC. I asked if the K-1's are on a hold right now and is it because they're processing other applications at this time. The CSR said that no, K-1's are not on hold but they ARE processing other applications as well.....and that there's a backlog since they are also working on other apps from other service centers. She couldn't tell me anything more than that.

That's all the info I got....nothing we don't already know.

AOS Timeline:

7/30/08: Sent AOS to Chicago lockbox

7/31/08: Received by USCIS

8/06/08: Check cashed

8/07/08: Rec'd NOA for I-485 AOS

8/07/08: AOS, EAD, & AP - Touched

8/08/08: Rec'd NOAs for EAD & AP

8/12/08: Rec'd Biometrics appt letter

8/21/08: Biometrics

9/29/08: EAD & AP - approved!!

10/6/08: EAD & AP - received in the mail!

2/06/09: Received interview notice for March 10th!!

3/10/09: Passed interview - husband's GC approved!!! Woohoo!!! :-)

01/2011: File to remove conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.