bszoom42

Waiting for a NOA2 from CSC for your I-129F?

5,037 posts in this topic

Oh here you go - will take suggestions - is a bit plain :blink:

Moxie's CSC Top Ten List

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Well the good news is that CSC increased their approval rate from 0.67 approvals per day to 0.75. I have no top ten lists or snappy witticisms to accompany that observation, which, I suppose, can also be thought of as good news. :)

Tomorrow is another day.

How about wappy snitticisms?

Good gnus (polite antelopes?): After about 8 fruitless tries during the day on an expensive calling-card, because Work Frowns on Placing Unauthorized Long-Distance Calls on Workplace Money Even Though Employees' Personal Cell-Phones Can't Pick up Signals Indoors, I waited till I got home, called the NVC at around 11:45p their time, and learned that the NVC sent my papers to the Guayaquil consulate on January 16, si man! I didn't ask NVC when they themselves received the papers from the CSC, so my diligently updated VJ Timeline is now necessarily up-screwed. It will be interesting to see how long it takes for the consulate to holler, and how much time there will be pre-interview to coagulate all the Evidence, si man.

You June & July folks who are still suffering from Lack-of NOA2 Syndrome: CALL the blinkin' CSC at least once a week, and be SURE that you are talking NOT to one of the contract-employee front-line losers, but to an actual Immigration Officer. I credit all of my progress to the reality that I was able to bypass the rude, clueless mofoes and talk with people who were capable of helping and who cared. Si, man.

Enough seriousness; pun-time: If a caviar-producing fish performs open-heart surgery, is he a qualified cardiac sturgeon?

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Oh here you go - will take suggestions - is a bit plain :blink:

Moxie's CSC Top Ten List

I like it! The number one reason might be a bit confusing to someone who's never seen my sig, but then the number one reason on a list is usually lame anyway, right? :D

Lol - I thought the same thing... I figured it could be taken that you could be a gorilla or something... but still - it makes me laugh and it is now on my visa page alongside the London Embassy interview questions and Debz' CSC prayer :) Might put the maps in the same list :)

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Morning campers!!!

Here's hoping the 0.75 per day rate improves today!!!

R

i-710 Process

02/23/2011 - Mailed off i-751 to California

02/25/2011 - NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Here's hoping the 0.75 per day rate improves today!!!

Indeed! I'm really hopeful we'll see some significant movement soon. The sooner they get caught up on everyone who filed before the start of August, the happier I'll be. I'm pretty resigned to a six-month wait... but I don't want to be looking at an autumn / fall 2009 wedding! ~ Hannah

Settling into married life

Waiting on the EAD, AP, and AOS

Filed: Timeline
Good gnus (polite antelopes?): After about 8 fruitless tries during the day on an expensive calling-card, because Work Frowns on Placing Unauthorized Long-Distance Calls on Workplace Money Even Though Employees' Personal Cell-Phones Can't Pick up Signals Indoors, I waited till I got home, called the NVC at around 11:45p their time, and learned that the NVC sent my papers to the Guayaquil consulate on January 16, si man! I didn't ask NVC when they themselves received the papers from the CSC, so my diligently updated VJ Timeline is now necessarily up-screwed. It will be interesting to see how long it takes for the consulate to holler, and how much time there will be pre-interview to coagulate all the Evidence, si man.

Great news, glad to hear it!!

You June & July folks who are still suffering from Lack-of NOA2 Syndrome: CALL the blinkin' CSC at least once a week, and be SURE that you are talking NOT to one of the contract-employee front-line losers, but to an actual Immigration Officer. I credit all of my progress to the reality that I was able to bypass the rude, clueless mofoes and talk with people who were capable of helping and who cared. Si, man.

Good advice!

Story on NPR yesterday that talks mostly about the citizenship backlog, but also gives some insight into just how mismanaged USCIS is. Link here. (audio)

Good stuff Mox. Too bad that once they get it all figured out, we will be long done with this portion of the process. I haven't even looked into what comes after I am married on the road to full citizenship for my fiance. We will cross that bridge when the KI segment is complete I doubt they will hire additonal workers now because once they have all the people done from last July, there wont be as many applications to go through and in USCIS eyes, they will be back to normal. I am still hoping to see some action around CSC in the coming weeks. I still have 13 days left from Mox's sweepstakes.

Citizenship

8/06/2011 - Package sent

8/25/2011 - Biometrics schedule

9/26/2011 - Interview date received

10/09/2011 - Received yellow letter

11/08/2011 - Interview date THANKS GOD went smooth n pretty easy with the nice lady IO takes 9-10 minutes wow???????????????

I think I waited more time for my Oath Ceremony schedule rather than interview process and after 13 minutes the lady gave my sched WOW CAN'T BELIEVE ......yayyyyyyy

11/16/2011 - Oath Ceremony

Visit My Website

www.roseandchuck.com

Removing Conditions

08/3/2010 - File for Removal of Conditions (I-751)

08/6/2010 - Received date/ Noticed Date

9/06/2010 - Biometric Date Modesto

12/2/2010 - Card production( they orderd) new card. I just checked I'm not in hurry but hahahaha lucky GOD IS SO GOOD THANKS FOR EVERYTHING PAPA JESUS MWAHHH.

AOS

06/06/2008 - AOS PACKAGE SENT

06/09/2008 - RECEIVED DATE

06/13/2008- NOTICED DATE checked cleared ( received in mail 06/17/2008 notice for AOS, EAD and AP)

07/09/2008- BIOMETRICS date modesto

08/18/2008- AP APPROVED ( received date 8/22/2008)

08/18/2008- EAD APPROVED ( received date 8/27/2008)

09/17/2008- RECEIVED interview date appoinment

10/29/2008- INTERVIEW date 1:00pm sacramento (approved)

11/05/2008- RECEIVED WELCOME NOTICE

11/07/2008- RECEIVED GREEN CARD

banner-1.jpg

Wow - looks like it is dead again tonight!!

Ah well - glass of red, Chinese, not-too-unhealthy :unsure: snicker snacks and my DS calling :D

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Just called the people in Washington, DC to learn more about where & when my package went to the consulate. I dialed 202-663-1225 and hit 1,4,1,5 but probably could have hit "0" at any time to reach an officer. The place is open Mon-Fri 8:30a-5p, or one can go on-line to www.travel.state.gov and click "visas" for general information.

I was told that the National Visa Center in New Hampshire apparently "created" my file on 1/11/08 (one week from when the Calif. Disservice Center put the crate onto the ox-cart), and they sent it to the Guayaquil consulate on 1/16/08. The consulate has not yet received the hard copy, but parts or all are available on-line.

The very nice and patient Washington lady told me to go to www.usembassy.state.gov/ and to select the link for the appropriate embassy or consulate, and to look toward the bottom of the page for how to contact the consulate regarding "immigrant visas" (which the K-1 apparently falls under). She said to use the NVC case number, my name, the wife-to-be's name, and her date of birth, and the consulate should be able to answer general or basic questions. I have not done this yet, but this Washington lady (Washer-woman?) had her act together. She did say that the time from NVC-to-consulate and the response time of embassies/consulates will individually vary, which makes sense. I do have more faith in anything that isn't USCIS.

I must contact the consulate to update the main squeeze's cell-phone number in the records.

Egad -- four MORE paragraphs without a punchline ("withoot" if in Canada). I must be sick, si man!

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Timeline

Ah well - glass of red, Chinese, not-too-unhealthy :unsure: snicker snacks and my DS calling :D

Yeah, I don't understand it. I hope people aren't so demoralized that they're not posting. Hey guys, if you're demoralized, then you NEED to post! Misery loves company and all that rot. :D

I have a nice merlot waiting for me when I get off work. Oh, and I'm making pelmeni tomorrow, the creation of which must always involve vodka.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Oh, and I'm making pelmeni tomorrow, the creation of which must always involve vodka.

Does that go similar to this:

Tequila Christmas Cake

Ingredients:

2 cups flour

1 stick butter

1 cup of water

1 tsp baking soda

1 cup of sugar

1 tsp salt

1 cup of brown sugar

Lemon juice

4 large eggs Nuts

1 bottle tequila

2 cups of dried fruit

Sample the tequila to check quality. Take a large bowl, check the tequila again. To be sure it is of the highest quality, pour one level cup and drink. Repeat. Turn on the electric mixer. Beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add one teaspoon of sugar. Beat again. At this point it's best to make sure the tequila is still OK. Try another cup... Just in case. Turn off the mixerer thingy. Break 2 eggs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of dried fruit.

Pick the freaking fruit up off floor. Mix on the turner. If the fried druit gets stuck in the beaterers just pry it loose with a drewscriver. Sample the tequila to check for tonsisticity. Next, sift two cups of salt. Or someth ing. Check the tequila. Now shift the lemon juice and strain your nuts. Add one table. Add a spoon of sugar, or somefink. Whatever you can find. Greash the oven. Turn the cake tin 360 edegrees and try not to fall over. Don't forget to beat off the turner. Finally, throw the bowl through the window. Finish the tequila and wipe counter with the cat.

Check my always up to date List of I-129F filers waiting for NOA2s. Now with some statistics. The data is from the VJ.com timelines.

I-129F Timeline

06/Aug/2007 I-129F sent to CSC, 24/Jan/2008 NOA2 171 days, 27/Feb/2008 Interview, 05/Mar/2008 Arrived together to US; POE SFO, 13/Mar/2008 Married!

10/May/2008 Our daughter Sophia was born, weighing in at 3.895kg (8lb 9.4oz) and 53.5 cm long (21.06").

AOS Timeline

01/Jul/2008 Mailed AOS, EAD, and AP docs, 08/Jul/2008 NOA1 for I-485, I-765, and I-130, 29/Jul/2008 Biometrics, 22/Oct/2008 AOS interview, 04/Nov/2008 Green card received!

Igor/Игорь 3dflags_usa0001-0002a.gif & 3dflags_rus0001-0002a.gif Элина/Elina

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

Yeah, I don't understand it. I hope people aren't so demoralized that they're not posting. Hey guys, if you're demoralized, then you NEED to post! Misery loves company and all that rot. :D

I have a nice merlot waiting for me when I get off work. Oh, and I'm making pelmeni tomorrow, the creation of which must always involve vodka.

The rate CSC is going, I'll be polishing off a bottle of wine a night....then I'll probably have to check myself into AA "when" my SO ever gets here. I might have to get a magnum bottle of Riesling tonight. LOL!!

AOS Timeline:

7/30/08: Sent AOS to Chicago lockbox

7/31/08: Received by USCIS

8/06/08: Check cashed

8/07/08: Rec'd NOA for I-485 AOS

8/07/08: AOS, EAD, & AP - Touched

8/08/08: Rec'd NOAs for EAD & AP

8/12/08: Rec'd Biometrics appt letter

8/21/08: Biometrics

9/29/08: EAD & AP - approved!!

10/6/08: EAD & AP - received in the mail!

2/06/09: Received interview notice for March 10th!!

3/10/09: Passed interview - husband's GC approved!!! Woohoo!!! :-)

01/2011: File to remove conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.