bszoom42

Waiting for a NOA2 from CSC for your I-129F?

5,037 posts in this topic

Yeah I know how you feel - VSC seems to be so much further ahead now that it must be awful seeing people who filed months later being approved. I know it was bad enough while I was waiting but then VSC and CSC weren't *too* far apart then... now it is just dire... it can only get better though!! :D

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

I mentioned yesterday that I had called CSC to find out why petitions had suddenly stopped being processed. I was told that petitions were being processed, that they were at full staffing, and that there were no problems at all. In short, I was blown off.

Wondering if any other CSC filers wouldn't mind using the RFE trick to call and see if they can find anything out. I know they tend to lie to us, but I figure if we can get a bunch of filers to call them, maybe we can at least get one customer support rep to give us the truth.

CSC is open for another almost 2 hours. Anyone want to give it a try?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
I mentioned yesterday that I had called CSC to find out why petitions had suddenly stopped being processed. I was told that petitions were being processed, that they were at full staffing, and that there were no problems at all. In short, I was blown off.

Wondering if any other CSC filers wouldn't mind using the RFE trick to call and see if they can find anything out. I know they tend to lie to us, but I figure if we can get a bunch of filers to call them, maybe we can at least get one customer support rep to give us the truth.

CSC is open for another almost 2 hours. Anyone want to give it a try?

What number did you call out of interest? I wasn't sure whether the number I gave Jesse got through to CSC or to some call centre. Anyway, he was brushed off too. But, if he gets home in time I will ask him to call.

I wonder though whether we are just diverting their attention not to mention p*ssing them off. I laughed when Jesse told me he'd said to the guy 'don't be mad with us, we're just worried!'

What number did you call out of interest? I wasn't sure whether the number I gave Jesse got through to CSC or to some call centre. Anyway, he was brushed off too. But, if he gets home in time I will ask him to call.

1-800-375-5283.

And for reference to anyone that wants to try, the RFE trick is 1, 2, 2, 4, 2, 1, case number, 1, 1. If you're not connected to the California Service Center, hang up and try again. Sometimes it takes a few tries.

I wonder though whether we are just diverting their attention not to mention p*ssing them off. I laughed when Jesse told me he'd said to the guy 'don't be mad with us, we're just worried!'

Heh. I don't think we're pissing them off, but even if we are it's not the people answering the phones that work on our case files. :D I would encourage everyone to be polite with them though. Customer service is a crappy job, and setting a positive tone from the outset makes them much more willing and sympathetic to your cause.

Timeline

1-800-375-5283.

And for reference to anyone that wants to try, the RFE trick is 1, 2, 2, 4, 2, 1, case number, 1, 1. If you're not connected to the California Service Center, hang up and try again. Sometimes it takes a few tries.

Heh. I don't think we're pissing them off, but even if we are it's not the people answering the phones that work on our case files. :D I would encourage everyone to be polite with them though. Customer service is a crappy job, and setting a positive tone from the outset makes them much more willing and sympathetic to your cause.

Thanks for posting the trick again - saves me doing the forum search :D.

I have a policy. No good being shirty with people until they personally give you reason to be. These guys are the front line, it can be a tough job and putting their backs up will not get you what you need. They must get sick of people calling before the six months is up though :P

I have a policy. No good being shirty with people until they personally give you reason to be. These guys are the front line, it can be a tough job and putting their backs up will not get you what you need.

:yes:

They must get sick of people calling before the six months is up though :P

My advice is to play dumb. There's a pamphlet you can download somewhere on the USCIS site that says to call after 3 months, and one of the phone prompts also still has the 3 month message. So whenever I've called (this was only the second time), I play dumb. "The pamphlet says to call after 3 months, and I was wondering..." Feel free to use this one even if you don't have the pamphlet. :D

Timeline
I have a policy. No good being shirty with people until they personally give you reason to be. These guys are the front line, it can be a tough job and putting their backs up will not get you what you need.

:yes:

They must get sick of people calling before the six months is up though :P

My advice is to play dumb. There's a pamphlet you can download somewhere on the USCIS site that says to call after 3 months, and one of the phone prompts also still has the 3 month message. So whenever I've called (this was only the second time), I play dumb. "The pamphlet says to call after 3 months, and I was wondering..." Feel free to use this one even if you don't have the pamphlet. :D

Thanks! I'll use that one to keep Jesse calling ;) He doesn't like hassling people.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hey PPL where is the new CSC list?! I thougt it was gonna come out Friday? I know we haven't gone up much but hey it's still nice to see yourself going up at least a little.

CSC is pissing me off too.

Why is it that Vermont is that fast again while CSC is sound asleep!?

Oh well we just gotta deal with it.

It's just that my better half has now been switched to Day Shifts and that makes it really hard to talk during the week cause he gets up when I have to leave to get my son from Day Care and when I get up he's in bed already.......ya missing my man! :help:

Met on May 17,2005

Got engaged on Sep 15th,2006

Came to the US for good on Jan 27th,2009

and we got married on March 28th,2009

GOD , grant me the serenity

to accept the things I can not change

the courage to change the things I can

and the wisdom to know the difference!

Ack - yeah - the time difference can really suck - luckily Jeremy works evenings so we can get a fair amount of time together if we aren't busy :D

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Hey PPL where is the new CSC list?! I thougt it was gonna come out Friday? I know we haven't gone up much but hey it's still nice to see yourself going up at least a little.

CSC is pissing me off too.

Why is it that Vermont is that fast again while CSC is sound asleep!?

Oh well we just gotta deal with it.

It's just that my better half has now been switched to Day Shifts and that makes it really hard to talk during the week cause he gets up when I have to leave to get my son from Day Care and when I get up he's in bed already.......ya missing my man! :help:

I think StP posts those on Monday, doesn't she?

I know what ya mean. 11 hour time difference with my sweetie. There's a narrow window of opportunity for calling each other, and if we miss it then we have to wait until the next day.

Timeline

Mox, did you try the RFE trick yesterday? If so, how did you get on? Jesse is going to call on Monday.

I tried to post a news article on another thread earlier about the backlogs (it's subject to moderation so I'll post the link here) but it seems that CSC claiming there are 'no problems' is utter bullocks. According to USCIS they need a further 2500 people to deal with backlogs in immigration petitions.

Edited by babblesgirl

Mox, did you try the RFE trick yesterday? If so, how did you get on? Jesse is going to call on Monday.

I tried to post a news article on another thread earlier about the backlogs (it's subject to moderation so I'll post the link here) but it seems that CSC claiming there are 'no problems' is utter bullocks. According to USCIS they need a further 2500 people to deal with backlogs in immigration petitions.

I did the RFE trick on Thursday (or Wednesday? Can't remember, long week...). I don't want to make the call twice in the same week, so hoping others will call in and see if we can catch a glimmer of the real story.

When he said they were at "full staff," I get the impression he meant that most everyone who currently worked there was at their desks processing petitions. Of course I don't know how a front-line customer support person would know that, but there ya go.

Timeline

I did the RFE trick on Thursday (or Wednesday? Can't remember, long week...). I don't want to make the call twice in the same week, so hoping others will call in and see if we can catch a glimmer of the real story.

When he said they were at "full staff," I get the impression he meant that most everyone who currently worked there was at their desks processing petitions. Of course I don't know how a front-line customer support person would know that, but there ya go.

Fair enough. I will let you know how we get on with our call next week.

Fair enough. I will let you know how we get on with our call next week.

Cool! I hope you can get some answers I didn't! :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
Hey PPL where is the new CSC list?! I thougt it was gonna come out Friday?

I think StP posts those on Monday, doesn't she?

if there's ever been any pattern to the lists, it's accidental... I just post them when there's been a bit of movement, and this week there hasn't been much so I was going to leave it for a little longer :(

however, if people are desperate for one, I may get on with it shortly ;)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.