bszoom42

Waiting for a NOA2 from CSC for your I-129F?

5,037 posts in this topic

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

thanks Still for doing the list. I never could figure out how to generate it.

Chris

Edited by chris4gretchen

1_948852256l.jpg

Gretchen montage

Davao July 07

our friendster

08/12/08 AOS sent

08/13/08 AOS received

08/15/08 NOA1 received EAD

08/15/08 NOA1 received AOS

08/19/08 Checks cashed

08/23/08 biometrics appt letter

09/09/08 biometrics

10/27/08 EAD approved

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Hey T, thanks again for the help.

I took your advice and called, using your numbers. You were absolutely right. I talked with a gentleman (he truly is). Basically, he listened to my story and then said "Let me look and see where it is. Ok, I see it is undergoing background check."

For everyone's information he said background checks are also random, that some take longer than others. Mostly, though, he assured me the file is not lost, that it is in a department and he used a term which I forget to imply that my case has been there a long time. By that I assume they are aware how long it has been.

He then went on to suggest that Maria's interview date could come in March.

All in all he was helpful and a nice guy.

Thanks for your advice T and thanks to him I feel a bit more comfortable about all this than I have been feeling.

Merry Christmas and happy new year.

I'm very happy for you, J. I wish to heaven that the idea of asking "what is the situation" rather than "why is my approval so late" had occurred to me sooner -- a lot less Pepto-Bismol would have been swigged, with fewer gnash-teethings. I hope that you requested, or that the ImmOff sent on his own, an internal e-mail to Background for them to "shake it." Also, I truly hope that our Junebug colleagues on the VSC forums are taking this same advice -- some are freaking worse than we all have been.

So, man, keep checking for Touches, and let us know. Mine was shaken loose from Background and APPROVED probably within 12 hours of my call like yours. Si, man! :)

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
Congrats, TBoneTX, I'm very glad for you! And congrats, Jeraly too :)

Thank you, Sweetheart. You should consider trying what apparently worked for moi and for what made John feel better. I look forward to exulting in your "approved" status!

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
thanks Still for doing the list. I never could figure out how to generate it.

Chris

neither could I; mine is a CML* :lol:

*(Completely Manual List)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Congrats to all the new approvals :thumbs::thumbs:

Nov 2nd 2006 met online

June 28th 2007 sent 1-129f to NSC

July 11th 2007 NOA-1 received date on NOA-1 (now at CSC)

July 19th 2007 NAO 1 Reciept date on NOA-1

Nov 21st 2007 NOA-2

Dec 13th 2007 - arrives at NVC

Dec 20th 2007 - leaves NVC on route to GUZ

March 10th 2008- P3 sent & returned

April 9th 2008- P-4

May 22nd 2008 interview

Tracking:

Filing to Noa -1 -13 days

NOA-1 to NOA-2 - 133 days

NOA-2 to NVC - 22 days

NVC Processing - 7 days

NVC to GUZ - 81 days

P-3 to interview - 73 days

Interview to visa - 10 days

Filing to visa- 341 days

Filed: Timeline
neither could I; mine is a CML* :lol:

*(Completely Manual List)

Let me just say again how much I look forward to this list every week and appreciate the work you put into it. And I'm not just saying that because I think you might have some influence into where I wind up in the list every week. (Come on admit it! Your secret is safe with me!) :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

what? me? oh, I could NEVER... :innocent:

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hey T, thanks again for the help.

I took your advice and called, using your numbers. You were absolutely right. I talked with a gentleman (he truly is). Basically, he listened to my story and then said "Let me look and see where it is. Ok, I see it is undergoing background check."

For everyone's information he said background checks are also random, that some take longer than others. Mostly, though, he assured me the file is not lost, that it is in a department and he used a term which I forget to imply that my case has been there a long time. By that I assume they are aware how long it has been.

He then went on to suggest that Maria's interview date could come in March.

All in all he was helpful and a nice guy.

Thanks for your advice T and thanks to him I feel a bit more comfortable about all this than I have been feeling.

Merry Christmas and happy new year.

I'm very happy for you, J. I wish to heaven that the idea of asking "what is the situation" rather than "why is my approval so late" had occurred to me sooner -- a lot less Pepto-Bismol would have been swigged, with fewer gnash-teethings. I hope that you requested, or that the ImmOff sent on his own, an internal e-mail to Background for them to "shake it." Also, I truly hope that our Junebug colleagues on the VSC forums are taking this same advice -- some are freaking worse than we all have been.

So, man, keep checking for Touches, and let us know. Mine was shaken loose from Background and APPROVED probably within 12 hours of my call like yours. Si, man! :)

12 hours? wow....now THAT would be a nice Christmas present. But to be honest, I'm wondering if "It's in background check dept" is like "it's in the mail"

Anyhow, you got yours and hopefully we'll be as fortunate as you guys.

Thanks again for the info.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Always nice to hear when someone has a good customer service experience with USCIS. Glad you got some information, and hopefully your call pushed them into action. Good luck to you!

Thanks Mox. I've got to believe that we're not too far away from noa2. What about you? How are you feeling about the process?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline
ok, i just checked the website and we got a touch. I'm certain it was generated from my phone call. We'll see what happens next.

Good luck! Your NOA2 is way overdue. Fingers crossed the next touch is an approval.

Timeline
ok, i just checked the website and we got a touch. I'm certain it was generated from my phone call. We'll see what happens next.

Let's hope that lightning strikes twice, si man!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I haven't gotten touches from my last two weekly calls - wonder what that means? Where is it that it can't be touched?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.