bszoom42

Waiting for a NOA2 from CSC for your I-129F?

5,037 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
Jamie, it wasn't advice, it was an opinion; very different things

and I didn't say the calling was 'rich', I said their reactions are to be expected if we try something on false pretences and then get called out on it

I don't mind being disagreed with, but I'd rather it be about things I actually said ;)

Yes and I read what you wrote. You said it was "rich" of us to call and saying we had an RFE. It's our only real way of getting any true information from them. So it still stands, I disagree with what you actually said. ;)

If you have a less imposing way of all of us getting information, by all means please post.

nope, you still misread me... what I said was in two parts: 'a bit rich to call... and then get mad when they get shirty with us that the number was misused'

nowhere did I say people shouldn't do it; I agree; it's the only option they've left us, and that's disgraceful... but it's advertised as an information line for RFEs, and people are blatantly lying about their circumstances; by all means have a go, but be ready to shrug philosophically when the customer service rep isn't overjoyed that once again, the call is NOT about an RFE, but a request for general information

it's a bit like my housemates going on the other day about how disgracefully they were treated when they were picked up for fare evasion on the bus; I didn't get that at all... if you want to chance it and not pay the fare, by all means go ahead, but then cop it on the chin when you get caught out

once again, I will reiterate: I agree that it seems to be the only way of getting anything (though I do think that some people use it too often, which may jeopardise its effectiveness for others, plus it seems that even this route of getting information is extremely limited in value), and I'm not saying people shouldn't do it if they choose, just accept that they're gambling a bit, and don't get all affronted when the person on the other end is less than thrilled at their cunning deception ;)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
the world is not ending, nearly a third of June NOA1's have been approved at CSC already. I wonder why some people get approved, update their timelines but don't post about it on here?

Where did you see that a third of June NOA1's have been approved? I didnt think any June filers had NOA2s yet????

21 JUL 07 : K1 package mailed to Nebraska Service Center

24 JUL 07 : K1 arrived in Lincoln, NE

24 JUL 07 : USPS status of package: DELIVERED:)

02 AUG 07 : NOA1 from CSC

03 DEC 07: NOA2

12 DEC 07: NVC Receives

14 DEC 07: NVC sends to Bangkok

17 DEC 07: Consulate receives

08 JAN 08: Packet 3 sent

08 JAN 08: Given date of interview

11 JAN 08: Interview...approved already before getting to the window!...NO questions asked

25 JAN 08: My lady arrives in IAD-Washington DC:)

19 APR 08: Married in Alexandria, VA (5 days before Visa expires)

20 JUN 08: Mailing in AOS packet

18 DEC 09: GREEN CARD RECEIVED:)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I don't know about a third - would be exTREMEly sceptical of that, in fact - but some have been; check the list here... some who look like June filers just have NOA1 dates in June, and are in fact May filers, but if you click through to some of the timelines you'll see some genuine Juners amongst them :)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

WoW...I am so happy now. Our adjudication date was September 8th when we filed. Now it is finally my honey's birthdate November 7th. Hoping for the best!!!!!! :thumbs:

Edited by Tanjay

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Zambia
Timeline
NOTHING NEW OVERNIGHT FOR THE ALWAYS PATIENT ONE----NOTHING IN MY MAILBOX----NOTHING ON EMAIL THIS MORNING----TRYING TO BE COOL, Alane & Ramzis :blush::blush:

Don't worry Ramzis and Alane, I'm walking this road with you, ready to dance. I think today is our day........ :thumbs:

thanks Rodgiegirl---I feel my tears just below the surface. It's all I can do to work today without crying. I used to read filers before us and how stressed they were and I thought "they just need to be cool". But now I understand. I feel that a bunch of strangers have our future in their hands and I have no control over it. It has to be soon, Alane & Ramzis :(:(

Hey A and R, sorry that you feel like crying today, my day was yesturday, after a positive outlook in the morning, I quickly changed into a hysterical mess. Well, I just got home from work and checked......nothing for me.And you???? Try to have a good weekend, and keep busy it'll keep your mind off of this stuff. Maybe tonight it'll mysteriously update or status to approved. That would be so awsome, just as long as we don't get RFE'd...... Keep in touch......day 156 for me..........still waiting.

Interview: 2008-02-21

Visa in hand: 2008-02-26

POE (NYC):2008-03-11

Wedding: 2008-04-11

AOS Interview Appointment 2008-12-08

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
the world is not ending, nearly a third of June NOA1's have been approved at CSC already. I wonder why some people get approved, update their timelines but don't post about it on here?

Where did you see that a third of June NOA1's have been approved? I didnt think any June filers had NOA2s yet????

just do a timeline search. It shows 37 out of 115 have NOA2's, which is 32%.

Visa took too long, grew apart and withdrew visa after six months.

I agree; it's the only option they've left us, and that's disgraceful... but it's advertised as an information line for RFEs, and people are blatantly lying about their circumstances; by all means have a go, but be ready to shrug philosophically when the customer service rep isn't overjoyed that once again, the call is NOT about an RFE, but a request for general information

...and that's reasoning that ultimately saw me chicken out of ever doing it, hehe. Then again, being a filer later in June I figured if I found out they'd not touched my file since June, just as the website reports, I wouldn't be much happier for having called. A lot of people have already pulled the trick-calling off successfully and gotten the info that late May filers are still being assigned officers, which is as good an update as any. Not like the completely useless customer service reps all the way in New Mexico who just spit back information from the website ("they're working on petitions from April 12th")

In the end, I guess I've just swallowed my dread and accepted that it's really all in their hands and getting any accurate, useful information is hardly guaranteed until USCIS deigns to email me or at give my petition a touch.

Argh, what a month this has been.

Edited by jentastic

just do a timeline search. It shows 37 out of 115 have NOA2's, which is 32%.

There are only 115 June filers? May filers were over 1000....

Edited by Tanjay

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Last time I looked 40 of the 122 june filiers had their NOA-2

Nov 2nd 2006 met online

June 28th 2007 sent 1-129f to NSC

July 11th 2007 NOA-1 received date on NOA-1 (now at CSC)

July 19th 2007 NAO 1 Reciept date on NOA-1

Nov 21st 2007 NOA-2

Dec 13th 2007 - arrives at NVC

Dec 20th 2007 - leaves NVC on route to GUZ

March 10th 2008- P3 sent & returned

April 9th 2008- P-4

May 22nd 2008 interview

Tracking:

Filing to Noa -1 -13 days

NOA-1 to NOA-2 - 133 days

NOA-2 to NVC - 22 days

NVC Processing - 7 days

NVC to GUZ - 81 days

P-3 to interview - 73 days

Interview to visa - 10 days

Filing to visa- 341 days

You must be right. One third of all June filers have been approved!

Timeline
Jamie, it wasn't advice, it was an opinion; very different things

and I didn't say the calling was 'rich', I said their reactions are to be expected if we try something on false pretences and then get called out on it

I don't mind being disagreed with, but I'd rather it be about things I actually said ;)

Yes and I read what you wrote. You said it was "rich" of us to call and saying we had an RFE. It's our only real way of getting any true information from them. So it still stands, I disagree with what you actually said. ;)

If you have a less imposing way of all of us getting information, by all means please post.

nope, you still misread me... what I said was in two parts: 'a bit rich to call... and then get mad when they get shirty with us that the number was misused'

nowhere did I say people shouldn't do it; I agree; it's the only option they've left us, and that's disgraceful... but it's advertised as an information line for RFEs, and people are blatantly lying about their circumstances; by all means have a go, but be ready to shrug philosophically when the customer service rep isn't overjoyed that once again, the call is NOT about an RFE, but a request for general information

it's a bit like my housemates going on the other day about how disgracefully they were treated when they were picked up for fare evasion on the bus; I didn't get that at all... if you want to chance it and not pay the fare, by all means go ahead, but then cop it on the chin when you get caught out

once again, I will reiterate: I agree that it seems to be the only way of getting anything (though I do think that some people use it too often, which may jeopardise its effectiveness for others, plus it seems that even this route of getting information is extremely limited in value), and I'm not saying people shouldn't do it if they choose, just accept that they're gambling a bit, and don't get all affronted when the person on the other end is less than thrilled at their cunning deception ;)

I agree with you, the "RFE trick" is pretty meaningless unless you really have a RFE, all it will get you MAYBE, is a useless touch, its not going to make them rush off dig through boxes for your file. Alot of folks here are touch obssessed. I personaly never got touched through my own green card, then naturlization process, my USC case is still listed as pending on the USCIS website, got it nearlly 6 months ago.

I understand peoples frustration, i sent mine in 4 months ago, but there is really no point calling them until you are over the 6 months, just how it is, crappy but true.

Good luck to all :thumbs:

Nov 2nd 2006 met online

Nov 21st 2007 NOA-2

April 9th 2008- P-4

May 22nd 2008 interview

Tracking:

NOA-2 to NVC - 22 days

NVC Processing - 7 days

NVC to GUZ - 81 days

Filing to visa- 341 days

Not....

Timeline

Not....

ok here it is, 121 filiers 41 apporvals from may 31st to june 30th noa-1 date.

Edited by Rob & Jin

Nov 2nd 2006 met online

Nov 21st 2007 NOA-2

April 9th 2008- P-4

May 22nd 2008 interview

Tracking:

NOA-2 to NVC - 22 days

NVC Processing - 7 days

NVC to GUZ - 81 days

Filing to visa- 341 days

Not....

ok here it is

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/filterlist.php

Okay....You are correct all June filers have been approved...and have gone to interviews.

Timeline

Not....

ok here it is

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/filterlist.php

Okay....You are correct all June filers have been approved...and have gone to interviews.

WELL 41 out of 121 of CSC june filiers have their NOA-2.

Nov 2nd 2006 met online

Nov 21st 2007 NOA-2

April 9th 2008- P-4

May 22nd 2008 interview

Tracking:

NOA-2 to NVC - 22 days

NVC Processing - 7 days

NVC to GUZ - 81 days

Filing to visa- 341 days

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.