Darko-Emily

I need help regarding some forms and questions

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

Greetings people,

Since we got married recently, we are preparing documents for AOS stage.

Do I have an USCIS Online Account Number and how do I get one? I already made an USCIS account.
Do I have an Alien Registration Number yet? Is it on my I-797 Notice of action? There is a number that starts with AXXX XXX XXX above my name as beneficiary

Form I-765

24. Immigration Status at Your Last Arrival is of course K1.
25. Your Current Immigration Status or Category should be still K1?
27. Eligibility Category should be (C)-(0)-(9), right?

Form I-693

I am confused with this part. Since I have completed my exam overseas, had all my shots, received DS-3025 paper and gave CBP officer the packet. Do I have to fill in the form or just some parts of it and/or include DS-3025?

Form I-485

22. Nonimmigrant Visa Number from this Passport (if any). This should be those red letters and numbers from the visa in the passport?
27. Again, same as in Form I-765, What is your current immigration status (if it has changedsince your arrival), It is still K1?
1. section 3. says: Have you ever applied for an immigrant visa to obtain permanent resident status at a U.S. Embassy or U.S. Consulate abroad? I have never applied so it should be now? Excluding applying for K1 visa.

Edited by Darko-Emily

35 minutes ago, Darko-Emily said:

Do I have an USCIS Online Account Number and how do I get one? I already made an USCIS account.
Do I have an Alien Registration Number yet? Is it on my I-797 Notice of action? There is a number that starts with AXXX XXX XXX above my name as beneficiary

Put "Unknown" for online account number.  As for your A-number, that one by your name on the I-129F approval notice is probably it.  Not all approval notices list it.

Re: I-765 -- K1 status, (c)(9) category.

Re: I-693 -- Does your DS-3025 say "K Visa applicant voluntarily completed vaccination requirements"?  Has it been less than 1 year since the date of your medical?  If yes to both, no need for I-693.  Just include a photocopy of your DS-3025 in your I-485 package.

49 minutes ago, Darko-Emily said:

22. Nonimmigrant Visa Number from this Passport (if any). This should be those red letters and numbers from the visa in the passport?
27. Again, same as in Form I-765, What is your current immigration status (if it has changedsince your arrival), It is still K1?
1. section 3. says: Have you ever applied for an immigrant visa to obtain permanent resident status at a U.S. Embassy or U.S. Consulate abroad? I have never applied so it should be now? Excluding applying for K1 visa.

22.  Yes, the red number on the K1 visa.

27.  K1

Part 3.1.  Select "No" -- K1 is non-immigrant.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Chancy said:

Put "Unknown" for online account number.  As for your A-number, that one by your name on the I-129F approval notice is probably it.  Not all approval notices list it.

Re: I-765 -- K1 status, (c)(9) category.

Re: I-693 -- Does your DS-3025 say "K Visa applicant voluntarily completed vaccination requirements"?  Has it been less than 1 year since the date of your medical?  If yes to both, no need for I-693.  Just include a photocopy of your DS-3025 in your I-485 package.

22.  Yes, the red number on the K1 visa.

27.  K1

Part 3.1.  Select "No" -- K1 is non-immigrant.

Thank you for replying. I managed to figure out some things. On my I-797 Notice of Action it shows a number that starts with AXXX XXX XXX so I guess I should put that one.

Also, regarding the section in I-485 Information About Your Immigrant Category:

If you are the principal applicant, provide the following
information:

Should I put my WAC number there and the date of received?

3 minutes ago, Darko-Emily said:

Should I put my WAC number there and the date of received?

Yes -- put the I-129F receipt number and date.  Make sure to include a photocopy of your I-129F approval notice in your I-485 package.

Timeline
On 12/1/2023 at 3:19 PM, Chancy said:

Yes -- put the I-129F receipt number and date.  Make sure to include a photocopy of your I-129F approval notice in your I-485 package.

Hey friend, I have one more question. On I-485 page 13. part 8. section 61. it says:

61. Are you subject to the public charge ground of
inadmissibility under INA section 212(a)(4)?

What should be the answer here? Yes or no?

Timeline
On 12/4/2023 at 2:50 PM, Chancy said:

Answer "Yes", then fill out items 62 to 68.

When it comes to filing petition. Do I send form I-485, I765 and I-864 together to the same location? Since I will be sending it from Alabama it will be going to

USCIS
Attn: AOS
P.O. Box 20500
Phoenix, AZ 85036-0500

Right? I am doing the cover letter for form I-765 and I put this address there and the payment of $410.

2 hours ago, Darko-Emily said:

Right? I am doing the cover letter for form I-765 and I put this address there and the payment of $410.

Include I-131. No fees are needed for I-131 and I-765 when filed together with I-485.

Make sure to include biometrics fee of $85 in your packet though.

Edited by OldUser

16 hours ago, Darko-Emily said:

Do I send form I-485, I765 and I-864 together to the same location?

Yes, send the I-485, I-864, I-765 to the same location (Phoenix lockbox if residing in Alabama).  Remember to include a photocopy of your I-129F approval notice in your I-485 package.

I strongly recommend sending the I-131 as well.  As mentioned above, filing I-765 and I-131 is free if filed with or after I-485.  Do NOT send a separate payment for the I-765, or your packet will be rejected for incorrect payment amount (as the correct amount is $0).

Timeline
16 hours ago, OldUser said:

Include I-131. No fees are needed for I-131 and I-765 when filed together with I-485.

Make sure to include biometrics fee of $85 in your packet though.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Chancy said:

Yes, send the I-485, I-864, I-765 to the same location (Phoenix lockbox if residing in Alabama).  Remember to include a photocopy of your I-129F approval notice in your I-485 package.

I strongly recommend sending the I-131 as well.  As mentioned above, filing I-765 and I-131 is free if filed with or after I-485.  Do NOT send a separate payment for the I-765, or your packet will be rejected for incorrect payment amount (as the correct amount is $0).

Yes yes, I am done with the forms, they are all finished and filled. I only need to print them and the rest of the documents and send them. Thank you very much for your help, hopefully no RFE's

for anything.

Timeline

How long does it take to receive SSN after sending documents? Do you maybe know how soon would a person be able to apply for drivers license too?

9 minutes ago, Darko-Emily said:

How long does it take to receive SSN after sending documents? Do you maybe know how soon would a person be able to apply for drivers license too?

Out of the 90 days that K1s get after entry, how many days has it been?

3 hours ago, Darko-Emily said:

How long does it take to receive SSN after sending documents?

Go to the nearest SSA office to apply for SSN in person.  Tomorrow.  Or next Monday.  For reals.  Because your window for application (prior to EAD or GC) will close after day 75 from US entry.

If you do not get SSN before day 90, you will only be issued SSN after getting EAD or GC.  If your I-765 and I-485 remain pending for months or over a year, no SSN for you for that entire time.  You won't be able to e-file taxes MFJ.  Getting a DL would also be a challenge.

You need go first thing in the morning tomorrow to an SSA office and apply.

K1 arrivals are eligible for an SSN if they apply within 75 days of the 90 days. In some cases, even if you apply before but close, if you’re past day 75 while they’re processing it, they will not issue it. You’re cutting it kinda close.

You will not be able to get an SSN while AOS & I-765 are pending. You will only be able to get an SSN AFTER they’re approved and you will need the actual card when applying in person. 

This comes up a lot, at least a few times a month. This was the most recent one:

Edited by powerpuff

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.