Blueeyes1989

N-400 December 2023 Filers

444 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Had my combo interview today here in Orlando, they interviewed my husband first, then called me in. he approved my i751 then moved on to the n400. passed too. He mentioned at the end that they are waiting for my i751 file to be sent to their office and he is expecting it by friday next week. until then I have to wait as he can review my i751 online but cannot approve it online until the file is received. He gave me a form stating I have passed written,oral civics exams.

so here we are again back to the USCIS waiting game 🤨 guess the good news is he was pretty specific in the timeframe? fingers crossed. Right now its just a technicality 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Kenya
Timeline
8 hours ago, brainless69 said:

Had my combo interview today here in Orlando, they interviewed my husband first, then called me in. he approved my i751 then moved on to the n400. passed too. He mentioned at the end that they are waiting for my i751 file to be sent to their office and he is expecting it by friday next week. until then I have to wait as he can review my i751 online but cannot approve it online until the file is received. He gave me a form stating I have passed written,oral civics exams.

so here we are again back to the USCIS waiting game 🤨 guess the good news is he was pretty specific in the timeframe? fingers crossed. Right now its just a technicality 

Congratulations!

On 7/30/2024 at 3:00 PM, whiterose123 said:

Thanks ! I brought with me all evidence I have of our marriage :

- All of our tax return transcripts 

- All of our leases 

- Bank statements since we got married

- Our plane tickets, hotel reservations together 

- Health insurance card with both our names on it

- Car notice with both our names

- Photos of us since we got married

- Holiday Letters addressed to both of us showing our home address 

Bring any extra evidence of your marriage with you preferably since y'all got married. 

The IO asked me questions about our marriage when did we first meet, where ? What's my husband's name, dob, job..

When they saw the amount of evidence I had, we passed to the civics and English questions, very easy just study the 100 questions. 

My oath ceremony is scheduled 3 weeks out. You will know as soon as they upload it on your account, if you'll be out of the country, you'll need to call them so they can change the date

Thank you for the info, it was really helpful! I brought a big folder of additional copies of evidence and the IO took it all so I was glad I had some! The civics test was passed and I got a copy of the paper that says congratulations, recommend for approval. 😊 Just waiting on the 751 approval now, but the IO said they already have it in office so should just be a couple more days hopefully! 

• 2 weeks later...

Wanted to post another update- after the interview, the IO said I should get scheduled in a couple days and to keep checking online. I got the paper the same day that has Recommended for approval checked but I have not heard back since 😔 I was hoping it would go by fast since I have a trip in just a couple weeks. I’m still trying to be patient, but it’s hard when you’re in the last stretch and it’s taking forever! 

11 hours ago, weelisa said:

I had my interview in Las Vegas today. I was expecting a combo interview, since I am applying on the 3 year rule and took a stack of documents with me. However, it was all very smooth, passed the civics and English test and we chatted a bit about my marriage and life here, and that was it. I got the paper saying I was recommended for approval and to wait for notice of the oath ceremony, which he said is likely to be in about a month, but maybe sooner. I'm a bit confused as nothing was really said about the 751, but hey, I'll take it! Just the oath ceremony now and this long journey comes to an end.

This is typical. If you come prepared, IO doesn't see value in wasting their and your time. If you come unprepared, then yes, there is a chance of getting grilled. Congrats!

Edited by OldUser

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

On 8/1/2024 at 11:22 AM, brainless69 said:

just got an update today that my i751 was transferred to another office. guessing it means that its being transfered here to Orlando so they can approve it for me to finally get my n400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.