Blueeyes1989

N-400 December 2023 Filers

437 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Ashley Marin said:

Thanks! What all did you do to prepare for the interview and what did you take to the interview? 

I was given the booklet with the civics questions at my biometrics. I had a coworker tested me twice daily with 20 questions for a month. I also did the quizzes on the app. 

I did not get my green card by marriage. My son applied for me. I took my foreign passport, driver’s license, green card and appointment notice. That is all they asked for at my appointment. I did have original birth certificates for my 3 kids but they did not ask for it. I did not take tax transcripts, just uploaded online. 

Hope this helps.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
58 minutes ago, Journeyover said:

I was given the booklet with the civics questions at my biometrics. I had a coworker tested me twice daily with 20 questions for a month. I also did the quizzes on the app. 

I did not get my green card by marriage. My son applied for me. I took my foreign passport, driver’s license, green card and appointment notice. That is all they asked for at my appointment. I did have original birth certificates for my 3 kids but they did not ask for it. I did not take tax transcripts, just uploaded online. 

Hope this helps.

Thank you, this is very helpful! My biometrics got waived. Do you know if I can get the booklet elsewhere or maybe online? What is the name of the app with the quizzes? 

N-400:

12/27/2023 - Received receipt notice and biometric reuse notice. Estimated processing time: 6 months

12/27/2023 - Submitted N-400 online

I-751:

January 2023 - Submitted I-751 via mail

AOS (I-130 & I-485)  from H-1B, based on marriage to a USC:

3/18/2021 - Card delivered! 
3/18/2021
- Card mailed 
3/16/2021
- Approved
3/15/2021 - New card ordered
3/9/2021 - Interview completed and your case must be reviewed. We will mail you a notice if we make a decision or take further action. (I had to go in with some updated and signed medical form as something was missing in the initially submitted form and they gave me an appointment for the following week)
1/22/2021 - Scheduled interview
1/19/2021 - Ready to schedule for interview

1/15/2021 (1 year and 2 months!) - Case status changed to interview cancelled! :(

12/9/2021 (1 year and 1 month) - Case status changed to interview scheduled

1/21/2020 (Day 73) - Case is ready to be scheduled for interview

12/12/2019 (Day 33) - Biometrics Appointment. Case status online updated to fingerprints received.

12/6/2019 (Day 27) - Called USCIS customer care and received an email copy of biometrics notice as I had misplaced the original one

11/22/2019 (Day 20) - Received biometrics notice letter for 12/12 biometrics appointment (No status changes in online USCIS case trackers)

11/18/2019 (Day 9) - USCIS charged credit card. Received text notifications from USCIS with case number (Checked case numbers to see following statuses: 11/12 - Case was received, 11/18 - Fingerprint fee was received)

11/10/2019 (Day 1) - USPS notification of delivery to USCIS
11/8/2019 - Sent application via USPS

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Ashley Marin said:

Thank you, this is very helpful! My biometrics got waived. Do you know if I can get the booklet elsewhere or maybe online? What is the name of the app with the quizzes? 

(2008) 100 Questions Flashcards Eng.pdf

Just now, Journeyover said:

Hope this helps! I did the quizzes with the USICS app

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Just got the Oath ceremony letter in the mail. Surprisingly we also received a phone call from USCIS apologizing for the mix-up. Almost there.....😁

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline
23 hours ago, Journeyover said:

Interview notice online April 29th, interview and same day oath June 3rd (4wks). Notice arrived in mail 10 days after update online.

All the best.

How were you able to get the same day interview? Did you request it ?

AOS from K1

January 31, 2020:  Sent AOS application packet.

February 4, 2020: NOA date.

February 10, 2020: NOAs received.

February 19, 2020: Biometrics notice received.

February 25, 2020: Biometrics Appt.

August 18, 2020: EAD Approval notice.

August 27, 2020: EAD card received.

August 28, 2020: " Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview " 

September 21, 2020: SNN card received.

January 14, 2021: " Interview was scheduled "

January 22, 2021 : Interview letter received.

February 24, 2021 : Interview day.

February 24, 2021 : " New card is being produced "

February 25, 2021 : " Case was approved "

March 2, 2021 : Approval Letter received in the mail

March 3, 2021 : " Card was picked up by the USPS "

March 3, 2021 : " Notice was returned to the USCIS because the Post Office could not deliver it "

March 4, 2021 : Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2021 : " Card was delivered to me by the Post Office "

March 7, 2021 : " Duplicate Notice was mailed "

Timeline
23 hours ago, Ashley Marin said:

You can download it from uscis website, and you can even take the  self civic practics test on their website

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

What documents should we take with us to the interview that are not listed in the n400 interview notice?

AOS from K1

March 3, 2021 : " Notice was returned to the USCIS because the Post Office could not deliver it "

On 7/3/2024 at 12:23 PM, Khufu61 said:

Just got the Oath ceremony letter in the mail. Surprisingly we also received a phone call from USCIS apologizing for the mix-up. Almost there.....😁

Out of interest - how long between the notification and the date of the ceremony. Interested to know how much longer it will be for me once my case is finally approved!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
1 hour ago, mattguk said:

Out of interest - how long between the notification and the date of the ceremony. Interested to know how much longer it will be for me once my case is finally approved!

It took about 3 and a half weeks for us.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Received a letter from my local USCIS office today to inform me that my upcoming interview in a couple of weeks is a combo i751-n400 interview with a list of things that i should bring! 

Was wondering whether I was going to get a phone call like others did or whether they will tell me at the interview.

Cant wait.

Timeline

I had my N-400 interview yesterday (while having a pending I-751). My husband was not allowed in, so I had the interview alone. 

The IO stated that he didn't have evidence and showed me stuff from my K1, despite having sent lot of evidence of bonafide marriage for both applications. Luckily I brought evidence with me and gave it to him. He said that he approved that it is a bonafide marriage.

I passed civics and English, the IO handed me the document saying I passed but a decision cannot be made yet. 

He said that someone else is working on my I-751 and it would be done by the end of the day, then I'll get my oath scheduled. 

Nothing changed on my status so far, did anyone have a similar experience?

AOS from K1

Timeline

I just got my oath ceremony scheduled 🥳

This journey finally comes to an end, thanks everyone for your help and support and the best of luck for those still waiting 🤗

AOS from K1

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Kenya
Timeline
35 minutes ago, whiterose123 said:

This journey finally comes to an end, thanks everyone for your help and support and the best of luck for those still waiting 🤗

Congratulations!!!!

22 hours ago, whiterose123 said:

Congrats! I also have my interview in the Dallas FO this week.

What documents did you end up bringing?

I have printed out additional evidence like utilities, mortgage statements, loan closing documents, etc. from the time we filed out N-400 to present, but it makes me nervous that the IO said he didn’t have any of yours!  

Also, is your oath ceremony scheduled for far out or approx. how many weeks out is it? I’m also worried that the oath ceremony schedule is backlogged and we have an upcoming trip! Hopefully it’ll be soon enough. 

Congrats again! I would really appreciate the tips from someone who just went through the process at the same office. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.