S I A N

November 2023 - AOS Filers

150 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)
On 5/2/2024 at 9:39 AM, Aren said:

Any one with updates? We're still waiting... ☹️☹️

I applied on 9th nov, had biometrics done month later, submitted RFE on dec 22nd and now waiting, it's been 6 months all-together, 

Edited by HGill43

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
4 hours ago, scholes18 said:

Interview scheduled for June 20. Was hoping it would've been waived since we got a medical RFE last month, but alas... 

Wife's interview is June 7th. Had a Medical RFE as well in February 

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
Posted (edited)

Has anyone preemptively set out to see a Civil Surgeon in anticipation of an RFE for medical? It's almost a year since the medical exam I had back home so I suspect USCIS might (finally!?!) get back to me but with an RFE to redo the medical.

Thoughts?

Edited by Aren

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 2hon said:

We got our permission to travel approved but not our green card yet... seems sort of rare for that to happen after all this time. 

Hoping to get the final approval soon

That's how I-131 (Advance Parole) should really work. It is approved while you wait for I-485 approval (GC). Once GC is approved, you no longer need Advance Parole to travel. But recently process didn't work correctly with many people never receiving Advance Parole and just waiting for GC.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
19 hours ago, arbk said:

Case was updated after 7 months from “Case is being actively reviewed” to… “Case is being actively reviewed.” It seems like people who have gotten this twice received an approval within a few days. Will update if something happens. 

MyProgress tab was updated! Step 3 (Attend interview) is checked and marked as completed. Guessing no interview needed. Timeline until approval is estimated to now take 4 weeks. Documents tab still displays the same ones that have been there. Fingers crossed it’s almost at the finish line.

On 7/17/2024 at 6:05 AM, arbk said:

MyProgress tab was updated! Step 3 (Attend interview) is checked and marked as completed. Guessing no interview needed. Timeline until approval is estimated to now take 4 weeks. Documents tab still displays the same ones that have been there. Fingers crossed it’s almost at the finish line.

Be careful with any of these estimates. There's a chance you may still be asked to attend interview and it may take longer than 4 weeks. Keep us updated!

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
On 7/17/2024 at 9:05 AM, arbk said:

It’s been over a month since the “Case is being actively reviewed” update. I received another similar update on July 24th so now my profile shows the update 3x. Since then, I haven’t heard anything. The documents tab and other information remains the same.

Got my hopes up for nothing. Wonder why it’s taking so long!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.