S I A N

November 2023 - AOS Filers

151 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
11 hours ago, soda_consumer said:

We sent ours the 25th, after a short delay it was finally delivered to the Chicago lockbox yesterday (29th). Hoping we'll get that G-1145 text before the weekend.

Ours was delivered to Chicago today. Fingers crossed for the same. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I485+I765 mailed 11/4 via FedEx 2Day Air

NOA1 - 11/6

Biometrics scheduled 11/10

USCIS Online Access Code received 11/18

Biometrics Appt 11/27

Status changed to Actively Reviewed 11/28

Estimated Decision on I485 - 4 months

Estimated Decision on I765 - 2 weeks

I765 APPROVED - 11/29

Card Produced - 12/6

Timeline
4 hours ago, S I A N said:

NOA1 - 11/6

Biometrics Appt 11/27

I765 APPROVED - 11/29

Card Produced - 12/6

Wow congrats!! Fingers crossed ours is that fast so we can get on with things like bank account, DL and of course, work. :) We got the text receipt #s Monday and are waiting on the physical letters at the moment. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, JH & EB said:

Wow congrats!! Fingers crossed ours is that fast so we can get on with things like bank account, DL and of course, work. :) We got the text receipt #s Monday and are waiting on the physical letters at the moment. 

You don’t have to wait to create a bank account. Actually our joint bank account statement was part of the proof we included in the AOS packet.. no luck at BOFA or Chase, but luck at Wells Fargo….

as far as the DL goes, would you happen to be in California? Because you can get a license as an undocumented person. My husband got his AB60 license because his I94 expired at the end of July.

Timeline
2 hours ago, S I A N said:

You don’t have to wait to create a bank account. Actually our joint bank account statement was part of the proof we included in the AOS packet.. no luck at BOFA or Chase, but luck at Wells Fargo….

as far as the DL goes, would you happen to be in California? Because you can get a license as an undocumented person. My husband got his AB60 license because his I94 expired at the end of July.

Should have clarified but I want to keep our banking at Chase because all of my other accounts and assets are with them and like you said, they do require it. We already tried without it. 

We're going to the CA DMV Monday to try for AB60, yes. Another CA person in another group gone a run around at a different CA DMV location with them telling her the AB60 will take months which was surprising to me but as we all know, there's little consistency in general. 

Timeline
51 minutes ago, JH & EB said:

Should have clarified but I want to keep our banking at Chase because all of my other accounts and assets are with them and like you said, they do require it. We already tried without it. 

We're going to the CA DMV Monday to try for AB60, yes. Another CA person in another group gone a run around at a different CA DMV location with them telling her the AB60 will take months which was surprising to me but as we all know, there's little consistency in general. 

Well I guess that’s a personal preference, but me being the U.S. Citizen, what mattered was us having proof of a bonafide marriage by having a joint account. My bank account is Citi, but Wells Fargo (last choice because I actually hate them) is whom approved us. Adding that new joint account for direct deposit at my job was fairly easy as well; so I have my paycheck going to both accounts.

it doesn’t take months for AB-60. Apply with the required documents to prove that you have residence in California, take the vision and knowledge test. Receive permit, then you can schedule behind-the-wheel test after having held the permit for 24hrs… I know someone that applied with their AOS NOA1 (mail)… my husband brought his marriage certificate, passport, and medical paperwork because he has medical insurance through me.

Timeline
On 12/6/2023 at 6:55 PM, S I A N said:

Well I guess that’s a personal preference, but me being the U.S. Citizen, what mattered was us having proof of a bonafide marriage by having a joint account. My bank account is Citi, but Wells Fargo (last choice because I actually hate them) is whom approved us. Adding that new joint account for direct deposit at my job was fairly easy as well; so I have my paycheck going to both accounts.

it doesn’t take months for AB-60. Apply with the required documents to prove that you have residence in California, take the vision and knowledge test. Receive permit, then you can schedule behind-the-wheel test after having held the permit for 24hrs… I know someone that applied with their AOS NOA1 (mail)… my husband brought his marriage certificate, passport, and medical paperwork because he has medical insurance through me.

It is a personal preference. I’m not worried about a joint bank account, me being a US citizen, given our other proof and commingling of finances beyond a new joint bank account. Personal preference. 

We’ll see what happens at the DMV. I talk with a lot of other people from California and it’s just inconsistent and I wanted that to be clear to other readers so they’re aware it can be a different experience by office. 

Timeline
7 hours ago, JH & EB said:

It is a personal preference. I’m not worried about a joint bank account, me being a US citizen, given our other proof and commingling of finances beyond a new joint bank account. Personal preference. 

We’ll see what happens at the DMV. I talk with a lot of other people from California and it’s just inconsistent and I wanted that to be clear to other readers so they’re aware it can be a different experience by office. 

To add onto what you said, calling the DMV is pointless as hell. Lines always busy and you rarely get through to anyone regarding the AB-60. What sped things up was me doing the online chat with DMV. They ask for the DL application number and a phone number, then they call you instead. Received paperwork in the mail stating to bring that to the DMV office to receive the printed permit, then you’re told to wait 24hrs after holding the permit to be able to schedule the behind-the-wheel exam. Again, this is CALIFORNIA processing only.

Timeline
On 12/6/2023 at 8:13 AM, S I A N said:

NOA1 - 11/6

Biometrics Appt 11/27

I765 APPROVED - 11/29

Card Produced - 12/6

UPDATE: EAD Card received 12/8

Timeline
On 11/19/2023 at 9:09 PM, Kristina582 said:

You can add the case number in case tracker app and find out if the biometrics appointment was scheduled or not. 

Hey Kristina, did you see updates on your AP as well? I know some people that have received the combo card.

we didn’t apply for AP though because we didn’t think we’d need it between now and the time that we receive the GC. Many ppl have been receiving their GC within a few months, but then again I know someone who has been waiting two years for his 😓

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
4 hours ago, S I A N said:

Hey Kristina, did you see updates on your AP as well? I know some people that have received the combo card.

we didn’t apply for AP though because we didn’t think we’d need it between now and the time that we receive the GC. Many ppl have been receiving their GC within a few months, but then again I know someone who has been waiting two years for his 😓

No there’s no update on AP. It still shows received. I highly doubt it will get approved before the Green Card. 

Interestingly, my husband’s EAD was approved on Dec 4th, but on USCIS website the status was never changed to “Approved “. I found out that it had been approved when I logged in and checked the documents. And the approval notice was there!

Yesterday the status changed to “Card produced” and today I got a notification from USPS that the card was shipped. 

I hope all those who are still waiting for the approval get approved very soon!

Our timeline

11/09/2023- Sent to USCIS

11/15/2023- NOA1

12/15/2023- Biometrics appt.( we followed the advice of other people and rescheduled the appt to an earlier date Dec 1st) 

12/02/2023- Both AOS and EAD status changed to “Case being actively reviewed”

12/04/2023- EAD approval

12/11/2023- Approval notice came in the mail.

12/11/2023- card was produced

12/12/2023- card was shipped. 

Timeline
44 minutes ago, Kristina582 said:

No there’s no update on AP. It still shows received. I highly doubt it will get approved before the Green Card. 

Interestingly, my husband’s EAD was approved on Dec 4th, but on USCIS website the status was never changed to “Approved “. I found out that it had been approved when I logged in and checked the documents. And the approval notice was there!

Yesterday the status changed to “Card produced” and today I got a notification from USPS that the card was shipped. 

I hope all those who are still waiting for the approval get approved very soon!

Our timeline

11/09/2023- Sent to USCIS

11/15/2023- NOA1

12/15/2023- Biometrics appt.( we followed the advice of other people and rescheduled the appt to an earlier date Dec 1st) 

12/02/2023- Both AOS and EAD status changed to “Case being actively reviewed”

12/04/2023- EAD approval

12/11/2023- Approval notice came in the mail.

12/11/2023- card was produced

12/12/2023- card was shipped. 

Funny thing is, the Case Tracker didn’t alert me either about change in status regarding my husband’s EAD. I check my Informed Delivery email every morning and that’s when I saw the approval notice dated 11/29 lol. I was shocked. 

so happy for your approval! Hopefully the GC is approved and produced just as quickly.

Timeline so far:

11/28/2023 - Sent to USCIS

12/01/2023 - NOA1

12/09/2023 - Biometrics notice went out

12/11/2023 - Received all NOA1 and account access notices in the mail

12/12/2023 - Biometrics appointment (walk-in; originally scheduled for 12/28 when we would be out of town)

12/12/2023 - AOS and EAD cases changed to "actively reviewed"

5 hours ago, S I A N said:

Biggest mistake is not filing I-765 and I-131 with I-485 because they're free when filed tohether. Processing times would have also indicated that most of people don't receive GC within a few months, it's more of an exception...

Writing this for future readers, so they don't forget to file all forms.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.