S I A N

November 2023 - AOS Filers

151 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
On 11/19/2023 at 1:30 PM, S I A N said:

How long did they say it would take for you to receive it? They told us 8-12 weeks for Los Angeles County, but it came within two weeks. @JH & EB

San Diego County says 10 days on the website but they told us 7 days when we turned in our completed license, and indeed it was ready in 7 days. Glad you got yours so fast! I’d heard LA can take a long time. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
20 minutes ago, JH & EB said:

San Diego County says 10 days on the website but they told us 7 days when we turned in our completed license, and indeed it was ready in 7 days. Glad you got yours so fast! I’d heard LA can take a long time. 

Wow San Diego is fast!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Still awaiting the RFE and the login access code....I know it was the Thanksgiving holiday but it (RFE) was mailed supposedly on the 14th....

Timeline
23 hours ago, ThailandR said:

Still awaiting the RFE and the login access code....I know it was the Thanksgiving holiday but it (RFE) was mailed supposedly on the 14th....

Do you have informed delivery?

Timeline

My husband just completed his biometrics. His appointment was 11am in Los Angeles about 6min away from my house. We got there at 10:52a and there were 4 people ahead of us. Numbers given, similar to the DMV, for processing. It was 11:13a when his number was called. He was done with photo and fingerprints by 11:16a. Pretty efficient for only one workstation.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Sent in our AOS packet this evening to Chicago lockbox via FedEx. Paid for delivery by Thursday. Will keep the group here posted, and appreciated the updates others have already shared via timing for biometrics etc. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Got our appointment date for biometrics. Will be in about 2 weeks. Smooth sailing so far.. I’m totally scared of an RFE though either for the medical in which my wife claims she is missing a vaccine or for maybe something I messed up in the affidavit of support. Guess we wait and see.

Timeline

Our AOS (for K1) was filed and delivered via USPS to the PO BOX in Chicago on the 18th of Nov at 3pm.

We still haven't received any messages, mails, and my credit card has not been charged yet (no attempt either?).

I know Thanksgiving happened between this time so maybe that is the reason, but a bit worried as I chose to use my credit card which may not have been able to be used...

Timeline
13 hours ago, arbk said:

Got our appointment date for biometrics. Will be in about 2 weeks. Smooth sailing so far.. I’m totally scared of an RFE though either for the medical in which my wife claims she is missing a vaccine or for maybe something I messed up in the affidavit of support. Guess we wait and see.

RFE’s are nothing to be scared of. Most RFE’s I’ve seen for AOS have been minor, such as medicals or marriage certificate. 

Timeline
57 minutes ago, user78.11 said:

Our AOS (for K1) was filed and delivered via USPS to the PO BOX in Chicago on the 18th of Nov at 3pm.

We still haven't received any messages, mails, and my credit card has not been charged yet (no attempt either?).

I know Thanksgiving happened between this time so maybe that is the reason, but a bit worried as I chose to use my credit card which may not have been able to be used...

Did you submit the G-1145 for e-notification?

Timeline
2 hours ago, S I A N said:

Did you submit the G-1145 for e-notification?

Oh no :( I had no idea that existed. Failure on my part. 

Is there another way to know that my payment was declined / they won't be taking my packet?

Timeline
18 minutes ago, user78.11 said:

Oh no :( I had no idea that existed. Failure on my part. 

Is there another way to know that my payment was declined / they won't be taking my packet?

Checking your credit account and waiting for the mail…. Are you signed up for USPS Informed Delivery?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

We sent ours the 25th, after a short delay it was finally delivered to the Chicago lockbox yesterday (29th). Hoping we'll get that G-1145 text before the weekend.

Edited by soda_consumer

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.