justinemaaaae

Proof of Evidences

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone! So, last week we have mailed of K1 Visa application and I know now that its is a waiting game. Anyway, I am already overthinking about the proof of Evidences we have summitted and hope that we get RFE.

CHAT LOGS - We are not a very "texty" (if that's even a term lol) couple so there is not a lot of chat conversations to provide. The one that we have summitted doesn't really have a lot going on.

VIDEO CALL SCREENSHOTS/ LOGS - We mostly talk on Video calls, everyday, so we provided some screenshots form that.

PHOTOS - My partner and I lived together for almost a year while he was still here in Bahrain for work. So we attached photos of that. 

ENGAMENT - we don't have anything at all to show that we got engage as we have decided we will do a formal engagement when we visit the Philippines next year. 

BONA FIED INTENT TO MARRY - though we didn't have any proof of engagement, we have provided Personal statements from his father, my parents and some friends that was notarized. 

If we got RFE, hopefully not, what do you think they will ask? and do I have to bring copy of all the documents included in our packet during the interview? i know they will give a list but I tend to over prepare just in case. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
  1. Letter of intent to marry is a formal statement letter from each of u that u will marry within 90 days of US entry
  2. The 2 letters (1 from each of u )do not need to notartized
  3. Photos of living together?   any copy of a lease showing both names?
Edited by JeanneAdil

Timeline
4 hours ago, IWander said:

You didn't send in your k1 visa application, what you sent was a petition.  The visa application comes much later and is sent to the Consulate in Bahrain or Manila (which you choose to apply at).

Did you submit statements of intent to marry from you and your partner?

oh my bad. I am still getting confused on which term to use. application or petition. 

Yes, we submit letter of intent to marry as well. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:
  1. Letter of intent to marry is a formal statement letter from each of u that u will marry within 90 days of US entry
  2. The 2 letters (1 from each of u )do not need to notartized
  3. Photos of living together?   any copy of a lease showing both names?

1. yes, we have provided that.

2. the letter we got notarized was from my parents, his father and a friend stating that they know and support our relationship and plans to get married when we got the visa approval. we had it notarized bcos we have been advise by rapid visa to do so.

3.No, we dont have a lease under both our names since I was the one who moved in with him and still have kept my own apartment. but we do have some photos together in his place with friends. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
13 hours ago, justinemaaaae said:

Hi everyone! So, last week we have mailed of K1 Visa application and I know now that its is a waiting game. Anyway, I am already overthinking about the proof of Evidences we have summitted and hope that we get RFE.

CHAT LOGS - We are not a very "texty" (if that's even a term lol) couple so there is not a lot of chat conversations to provide. The one that we have summitted doesn't really have a lot going on.

VIDEO CALL SCREENSHOTS/ LOGS - We mostly talk on Video calls, everyday, so we provided some screenshots form that.

PHOTOS - My partner and I lived together for almost a year while he was still here in Bahrain for work. So we attached photos of that. 

ENGAMENT - we don't have anything at all to show that we got engage as we have decided we will do a formal engagement when we visit the Philippines next year. 

BONA FIED INTENT TO MARRY - though we didn't have any proof of engagement, we have provided Personal statements from his father, my parents and some friends that was notarized. 

If we got RFE, hopefully not, what do you think they will ask? and do I have to bring copy of all the documents included in our packet during the interview? i know they will give a list but I tend to over prepare just in case. 

Chat logs - Not required and a weak form of evidence.
Video call - Not required and a weak form of evidence.
Photos - You only need photos showing you met within the last 2 years, followed by evidence backing that up, I had 5 photos. 
Engagement - Formal engagement is not required, engagement is not a legal status. My husband and I had an engagement over video call.. no proof of that exists. We didn't order my engagement ring until after filing, it is not an issue. 
Intent to marry within 90 days - Letter of intent is typically sufficient 

Edited by MissLadyRea

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

affidvits from others are of little value unless immigration asks for one

just not needed

lease showing names of both when u lived together is good/ photos do not prove u lived together

lease or receipt with both names 

Timeline
10 hours ago, MissLadyRea said:

Chat logs - Not required and a weak form of evidence.
Video call - Not required and a weak form of evidence.
Photos - You only need photos showing you met within the last 2 years, followed by evidence backing that up, I had 5 photos. 
Engagement - Formal engagement is not required, engagement is not a legal status. My husband and I had an engagement over video call.. no proof of that exists. We didn't order my engagement ring until after filing, it is not an issue. 
Intent to marry within 90 days - Letter of intent is typically sufficient 

Thank you! Hope all documents we had submitted will be okay for now. cross fingers we got NOA1 soon. 

10 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

affidvits from others are of little value unless immigration asks for one

just not needed

lease showing names of both when u lived together is good/ photos do not prove u lived together

lease or receipt with both names 

Unfortunately, we didn't have lease under both our names. So hopefully what we had provided will be okay for now.  Thank you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.