Jad19888

Tax and citizenship application

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am about to apply for citizenship, marriage based, we did our tax me and my wife together last 3 years using H&R block and randomly I was checking our account and I found that’s we gave a balance due to pay for IRS, However we already paid and done our tax with a professional agency. I m pretty sure H&R block miscalculate our tax. My question is do I need to fix that first and wait to apply for citizenship or I just send my tax return for 3 years, Since fixing that tax thing may take time

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Confused?????

did H&R block submit your return?   they usually do it online in your presence

did u pay what that company (H&R block) said u owed?

what professional agency did u use to pay a tax owed?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

sorry when debt to IRS is paid m they usually send a letter saying the obligation has been met

If u have this or your billed amount and copy of bank check or bank statement or MO showing its paid,  u are good to file N 400 without worry

Timeline
2 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

sorry when debt to IRS is paid m they usually send a letter saying the obligation has been met

If u have this or your billed amount and copy of bank check or bank statement or MO showing its paid,  u are good to file N 400 without worry

I ‘m confused too, because we did our tax with HR block and we paid online in spot the full amount and IRS accepted our tax return. Then I was recently checking online on out account And I found we have balance from last 2 years. 

Edited by Jad19888

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Jad19888 said:

I ‘m confused too, because we did our tax with HR block and we paid online in spot the full amount and IRS accepted our tax return. Then I was recently checking online on out account And I found we have balance from last 2 years. 

What "online" account?  Your IRS account or H&R account.

Check your IRS account and download the tax transcripts.

What OP probably means, H&R block screwed their taxes and OP owes money to IRS.

I had exact same experience with H&R block myself. Since then I started filing taxes myself. No issues whatsoever. Yes, it takes more time, but I'm now sure things are done correctly.

I'd submit what you have, and meanwhile fix taxes. After all, USCIS is interested in evidence of you filing taxes on time, which you did. Whether there were mistakes requiring refiling tax forms or paying some balance is another matter.

I'd speak to IRS and set up plan if you can't repay the balance immediately.

Edited by OldUser

Timeline
23 hours ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

What "online" account?  Your IRS account or H&R account.

Check your IRS account and download the tax transcripts.

Yes, it is IRS online account

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.