10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi All,

I've come across a website call Hiltites today which appears to give statistics on USCIS approvals day-by-day. Based on what i've seen, it looks like they're reviewing applications based on receipt number. Currently, they are reviewing the ones around IOE917....

I applied in Feb2023 and my receipt number starts in IOE977.. while a friend of mine who applied in July2023 has a receipt number of IOE676...

How can this be? Is it possible there are some conditions that USCIS looks at when generating the IOE number? (i.e country). I assumed they were assigned automatically and in order but apparently not. 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
17 hours ago, Petersaad1 said:

Hi All,

I've come across a website call Hiltites today which appears to give statistics on USCIS approvals day-by-day. Based on what i've seen, it looks like they're reviewing applications based on receipt number. Currently, they are reviewing the ones around IOE917....

I applied in Feb2023 and my receipt number starts in IOE977.. while a friend of mine who applied in July2023 has a receipt number of IOE676...

How can this be? Is it possible there are some conditions that USCIS looks at when generating the IOE number? (i.e country). I assumed they were assigned automatically and in order but apparently not. 

There is no logical order. I filed for my wife and 2 kids at the same time and the numbers are 909, 917, 972.

2 kids have been “taking longer than usual for 4 and 5 mo. The wife’s was 2 weeks in Aug and jumped to 3 mo. Now it’s down to a week. 

Random, I don’t know. If there’s some logical sequence, no one seems to know. I have my suspicions but zero evidence so I just keep it to myself. 

From different sources I watch 11 mo +- 2 weeks is common.

I don’t bother with it much, nothing I can do but wait. Check here about once a month. Look at that hilites (don’t look at the # look at filing date) and just read others posts here and there. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
22 hours ago, Petersaad1 said:

Hi All,

I see some logic in this site. Imagine a mail room, A bunch of mail comes in and is roughly sorted. Each processor person grabs a stack to work on, some have later dates some have newer dates but in general they are grouped together.  If you look at the end, the end always shows RFE which are also the highest numbers. This makes sense that these are new cases being reviewed that are missing something. There is usually a spike on a particular window of numbers which would indicate the general whereabouts of files being worked.  We are 09199 fwiw. I agree that this isn't the end all of data but could give one an idea of where USCIS is working.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
7 hours ago, Kyle6811 said:

I see some logic in this site. Imagine a mail room, A bunch of mail comes in and is roughly sorted. Each processor person grabs a stack to work on, some have later dates some have newer dates but in general they are grouped together.  If you look at the end, the end always shows RFE which are also the highest numbers. This makes sense that these are new cases being reviewed that are missing something. There is usually a spike on a particular window of numbers which would indicate the general whereabouts of files being worked.  We are 09199 fwiw. I agree that this isn't the end all of data but could give one an idea of where USCIS is working.

But that's not how it works.  The "mail room" is a separate intake facility, where checks are cashed and paper filings are digitized.  Then the distribution is done by computer spread over multiple service centers.  That doesn't explain how the case numbers are created seemingly randomly,  but they are not working with paper files anymore.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
2 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

But that's not how it works.  The "mail room" is a separate intake facility, where checks are cashed and paper filings are digitized.  Then the distribution is done by computer spread over multiple service centers.  That doesn't explain how the case numbers are created seemingly randomly,  but they are not working with paper files anymore.

To my knowledge, “IOE” numbers are purely electronic. Paper applications are given a different classification 

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Petersaad1 said:

To my knowledge, “IOE” numbers are purely electronic. Paper applications are given a different classification 

Paper applications are digitized and also get IOE numbers.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 11/15/2023 at 2:19 PM, pushbrk said:

Paper applications are digitized and also get IOE numbers.

Correct, I mailed mine in and received an ioe but my service c is Texas. 

• 5 weeks later...
Timeline

So looking at the data, it seems as though a majority of IOE #s have IOE numbers that start with a 0 (IOE0919...) and very few of them start with a 9. Anyone know what the difference is?

8 hours ago, Petersaad1 said:

So looking at the data, it seems as though a majority of IOE #s have IOE numbers that start with a 0 (IOE0919...) and very few of them start with a 9. Anyone know what the difference is?

If you haven't already, check out the fantastic web site at https://www.casestatusext.com/forms/I-130/IOE-LB .  They seem to be working with a much larger and more up to date dataset than hilites.today thought they don't attempt to cover IOE9 cases.  Somewhere I saw a theory that older IOE9 case numbers were assigned randomly but more recent IOE09 cases are sequential.  

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.