JamesJourney

ACRO Police check shows conviction.

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys. So when I did my forms for DS130 it asks if I have been arrested or convicted of any offence or crime, I answered no. When I got my police check back it shows that I had a DUI in Germany however this isn’t showing on my German police check. It’s actually showing as grace and step down As I haven’t declared this, (I didn’t declare it as I wasn’t handcuffed, taken to a cell etc in Germany) will this affect my visa application. I have interview next month !  Any help would be greatly appreciated. James 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

It does not ask what appears on a police check.

Were you convicted of a DUI?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Similarly, it doesn’t ask if you were handcuffed and taken to a cell.

yes, it will be a big issue that your police record negates your answer on the petition.

see the case of @John & Rose.

21 minutes ago, Boiler said:

it says I was banned from driving in Germany on my police check and this is now stepped down. 

24 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Basically says I was banned from driving for 10 months and fines X amount of euros. Do I still need a SAR or as it’s showing already it’s pretty clear. 

UK check etc all come back as good 

Timeline

You need the German paperwork.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

14 minutes ago, Boiler said:

You need the German paperwork.

I have a German police check but it shows no record. On my ACRO is states that I have a DUI and it already has my outcome on there  (how long it was for and what the fine was) 

Timeline

I have not see this particular scenario but anticipate they will want the German documentation for a German offense.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.