camtex

Recent Experiences With Packet 3 / Interview Scheduling in Bogota for K1? [merged threads]

14 posts in this topic

There is quite a bit of conflicting information for Bogota on when it is okay to schedule the interview for K-1. There is a generic "you must wait to receive packet 3 before scheduling" on the but the Embassy had openly said that interviews could be scheduled when CEAC shows "ready"... it sounds like some people never even receive the email!

Any recent experiences, particularly on scheduling after "ready" status shows on CEAC?

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, 1journey said:

Hello,

Any updates since you made your post? I am curious to know how things are going with the US Embassy for appointments for K-1. I just received approval, so it will take 2-8 weeks before my case gets to Bogota.

Thank you.

Hey there! No real updates, we emailed the embassy after case showed ready on the CEAC Tracker requesting packet 3 and they responded with a generic-sounding message that it would be sent in the "the following weeks". But so far nothing yet! I suspect the holidays both here and in Colombia will be slowing the process a bit as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone! We have been trying to schedule our interview in Bogota, Colombia since last week and it has only shown no appointments available. It will not allow us to pay the MRV fee until slots open, I guess? Does anyone have insight about when Bogota releases new appointments or have any suggestions? It doesn't seem like anyone has had a scheduling issue recently when looking at the timelines.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

A related thread has been moved from the K-1 Case Progress subforum to the Embassy/Consulate forum and merged with an existing thread.

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

• TBoneTX changed the title to Recent Experiences With Packet 3 / Interview Scheduling in Bogota for K1? [merged threads]

Just an update on this thread  - nothing has really changed, there haven't been any appointments in the last couple of weeks.

The embassy recently stopped using their email address and now flows you through a google form for any inquiries and (unsurprisingly) anything K Visa related basically leads you to a don't contact us page lol...

We feel so close but so far! CEAC Tracker shows case "last updated" this past Friday so I guess they opened the file for something but that has been it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 11/27/2023 at 12:10 PM, camtex said:

Hey everyone! We have been trying to schedule our interview in Bogota, Colombia since last week and it has only shown no appointments available. It will not allow us to pay the MRV fee until slots open, I guess? Does anyone have insight about when Bogota releases new appointments or have any suggestions? It doesn't seem like anyone has had a scheduling issue recently when looking at the timelines.

We’ve had the same problem. No appointments available

Does anyone here have any more updates? I got a response from the embassy today that they sent us packet 3 on the 24th of November but we never received it! I asked them to resend it but I guess we don't really nee the letter since all the info appears to be all published on the embassy site. Either way... I have yet to see any open appointment slots.

• 6 months later...

To update myself, I only had to wait two days for appointments to open up. But as of now they only have embassy interview appointments available, not biometrics appointments, which seems odd. So I've been able to pay but have been unable to schedule anything at the moment. 

2 hours ago, ecw1900 said:

To update myself, I only had to wait two days for appointments to open up. But as of now they only have embassy interview appointments available, not biometrics appointments, which seems odd. So I've been able to pay but have been unable to schedule anything at the moment. 

I got my biometrics and interview appointments for Sept. 18-19.

What I was doing wrong originally was putting "Sept 4" -- the first date of availability -- in the embassy interview box. Because that date was so early, there were no biometrics appointments available.

When I changed the interview date to the third week of September, that's when a bunch of biometrics appointments became available in the second box.

This may be self-evident, but it was confusing for me, so I leave this here in case someone else was having a similar issue. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Its very odd mine is set for August.  First date had no biometrics available. I had to change for later date myself. 

Ive heard you have to check for appts around 2am etc .

Enamorada

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.