19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello, We are going to apply  for adjustment of status(AOS) but we did not recieve a NOA2. What documents should I provide? Hope someone can help me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

I’m not sure you’ve posted enough information to help us help you. Is your timeline up to date? When we applied after getting married the AOS/work authorization/travel authorization were applied for simultaneously since you’re allowed to do that. Maybe add more details to o your question?

Timeline

Today we went to apply for her aocial security number and went smooth. We are getting married next week and i was taking a look on the AOS form and notice that it asks for the A#, i tried lookong cor the approval notice but i cant find it and i really didnt put her A# on any of the paper work, so now i dont knpw if we can still fill her AOS form and just add her I94 to it and explain that I lost her NOA2 with her A# on it.

6 hours ago, Sam Burns said:

I’m not sure you’ve posted enough information to help us help you. Is your timeline up to date? When we applied after getting married the AOS/work authorization/travel authorization were applied for simultaneously since you’re allowed to do that. Maybe add more details to o your question?

Timeline

You should have electronic copies of the NOA2 also. I suggest you look really hard for this paperwork and take the process much more seriously as you’ll need that information for other purposes like getting a driver’s license or state id.

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Sam Burns said:

You should have electronic copies of the NOA2 also. I suggest you look really hard for this paperwork and take the process much more seriously as you’ll need that information for other purposes like getting a driver’s license or state id.

What about if there are no hard copiees nor digital?

Not to male excuses its just that it was sent on March 2020 and im 99% sure that my landlord probably just disposed of it.

I129F Noa2 is required to file I485.

You'll have to file an I824 and pay the $500 fee to get a copy. 

Negligence is expensive. 

Timeline
5 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

I129F Noa2 is required to file I485.

You'll have to file an I824 and pay the $500 fee to get a copy. 

Negligence is expensive. 

That seems to be at odds with the link I posted

On 11/8/2023 at 10:42 PM, Joseph V said:

What about if there are no hard copiees nor digital?

Do you still have a copy of the I-129F receipt notice (NOA1)?  If so, submit a copy of that, along with a copy of the K1 visa.

As for the A#, put "Unknown", then hope for the best.  USCIS can find your wife's A# if you provide the correct I-129F receipt number.

Timeline
49 minutes ago, Chancy said:

Do you still have a copy of the I-129F receipt notice (NOA1)?  If so, submit a copy of that, along with a copy of the K1 visa.

As for the A#, put "Unknown", then hope for the best.  USCIS can find your wife's A# if you provide the correct I-129F receipt number.

Yes we have
-NOA1
-The letter(email as well) from the NVC stating that they received the approved I-129F and will forward it to the embassy aboard.
-The email from Manila embassy saying that we were eligible to schedule an appointment 
-K1 Visa (on passport)
-Electronic I-94
- Her SSN card

- Marriage certificate.

Edited by Joseph V
extra

3 minutes ago, Joseph V said:

Yes we have
-NOA1

Great.  The NOA1 has the I-129F receipt number, while the K1 visa obviously shows that the I-129F petition was approved.  Don't worry about the A#.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Chancy said:

Great.  The NOA1 has the I-129F receipt number, while the K1 visa obviously shows that the I-129F petition was approved.  Don't worry about the A#.

will this be over kill?
image.png.019ddb9f59f509b9d7b8bd27d71386af.png

1 minute ago, Joseph V said:

will this be over kill?

Yep.  No need to explain.  Just make sure to correctly fill out the I-485 items about the underlying I-129F petition, and include a copy of the I-129F NOA1 and K1 visa.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.