NovaDC

November 2023 N-400 Filers

263 posts in this topic

Had my interview today at the Oklahoma City Field Office. It was quick and short. 5 civics test questions asked, verbally answering the form, being told that I passed the test, then I showed the officer our pictures.

I will still have to wait for I-751 to be transferred over. The ceremony will be in the same office. Not sure which date yet.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
54 minutes ago, gurgen said:

Estimated time* until case decision updated from 3 to 2 months today:

- N-400 Application for Naturalization Submitted: November 8, 2023 (filed online in Florida)

- Biometric Reuse: December 13, 2023

- Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS: December 13, 2023

Same for me. I guess that's because March started, but I hope interview will be scheduled soon.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

November Filer here.

Filed online

Filing Date: Nov 14, 2023

Receipt Notice: Nov 14, 2023 

Biometric Reuse: Nov 14, 2023

Field Office: New York City

Interview Date: Feb 28, 2024

Oath Ceremony: Mar 29, 2024

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hi y'all, the " estimate time until decision "  box is no longer there on my account. Why is that ? Did it happen to anyone here ?

AOS from K1

January 31, 2020:  Sent AOS application packet.

February 4, 2020: NOA date.

February 10, 2020: NOAs received.

February 19, 2020: Biometrics notice received.

February 25, 2020: Biometrics Appt.

August 18, 2020: EAD Approval notice.

August 27, 2020: EAD card received.

August 28, 2020: " Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview " 

September 21, 2020: SNN card received.

January 14, 2021: " Interview was scheduled "

January 22, 2021 : Interview letter received.

February 24, 2021 : Interview day.

February 24, 2021 : " New card is being produced "

February 25, 2021 : " Case was approved "

March 2, 2021 : Approval Letter received in the mail

March 3, 2021 : " Card was picked up by the USPS "

March 3, 2021 : " Notice was returned to the USCIS because the Post Office could not deliver it "

March 4, 2021 : Green Card received in the mail

March 5, 2021 : " Card was delivered to me by the Post Office "

March 7, 2021 : " Duplicate Notice was mailed "

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
42 minutes ago, whiterose123 said:

Hi y'all, the " estimate time until decision "  box is no longer there on my account. Why is that ? Did it happen to anyone here ?

Yeah, mine is gone, too. I'm not too worried about it, though. Not sure how accurate it was, anyway.

2 hours ago, whiterose123 said:

1 hour ago, Germerican said:

Yeah, mine is gone, too. I'm not too worried about it, though. Not sure how accurate it was, anyway.

Considering it a blessing as we don’t have to worry about processing time which is absolutely inaccurate anyway 😂😂😂😭

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

@whiterose123,

Hmm...I still see the Estimated Time section

Has it reappeared for you, or still not available in your Profile section?

Irrespective, we can perhaps better predict the weather this week than the estimated case time:)

image.thumb.png.0e875727d773d3b8e5386c1078abcb35.png

h

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
On 2/23/2024 at 1:05 PM, ONtoHOU said:

Interview today was smooth!

Really impressed with the Houston Field Office staff, everyone was kind from the security staff, check-in staff, biometric techs and immigration officers.  I think everyone I talked to ended the interaction with a very kind “good luck today” or congratulatory remark. 

tips for everyone:

- relax, and go slow (I was shaking like a leaf an my interviewing officer remarked on it - but in a very kind, trying to put me at ease kind of way) 

- if you’re in a new tax filing year since you applied, have that tax return or proof you’ve submitted it with you 

- relationship photos post immigration are a great idea to provide when you apply, my officer looked through those with me in the room made comments on them and said he was good with those

- when you get to the reading/writing question GO SLOW - even as a native English speaker it’s easy to have nerves mess you up. I read “is” instead of “was” in a sentence the first time because of how nervous I was. The officer was very kind in prompting me to slow down and read carefully. 

tips/notes for Houston FO attendees: 

- it’s loud in the waiting area, and two sets of numbers were being called out at once. First set is to go to a window for photo and fingerprint check. Second set is to go to a certain door to meet your immigration officer.  Sit near the display until your first number is called for biometrics, then move closer to the door for your actual interview number. 
- it appears spouses were allowed into the waiting area with you, just not back into the interview. Can’t say for sure, but that’s the impression I got based on observing other couples. 
- don’t arrive too early, they turned a few people away who were more than 30 minutes in advance. I arrived 20 minutes early, then waited in the car until 10 minutes before my appointment and was allowed right in. 
- remember you’ll go through security when you enter, so limit the amount of metal on your person (ie heavy shoes/belt/big jewelry) 

Congrats!!, very fast for Houston.

We are still waiting, today it shows, "Case taking longer to process"  my heart dropped when I read it.  Day 108 since receipt.

My husbands time line is in my signature.

Formally Beth & Achraf,    Lost my sign in details.

Been here a Veryyyyy Long time. 

MY HUSBAND'S :   N-400  APPLIED FOR CITIZENSHIP:    Interview will be Houston Tx office.

Mailed:  11/13/2023

Delivered to USCIS Lock Box:  11/15/2023

Credit Card payment processed:  11-16-2023

Received Receipt #   via Text:  11-17-2023

I-797C Receipt received:  11-27-2023

Biometrics  will be reused per letter: 11-27-2023

04/09/2024:     INTERVIEW SCHEDULE:  HOUSTON OFFICE: MAY 14 2024   ♥

05/14/2024:     APPROVED  

June 5th, 2024:   OATH CEREMONY DAY:       Will be done with USCIS  ♥♥

June 5th 2024:  My husband became a US Citizen ♥♥   1, 474 New US Citizens sworn in- Houston, Tx. 

The End of a Very long journey! 

Mickey Mouse Happy Dance GIF by hoppip

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A.O.S.  FROM EXPIRED VISITORS VISA:

Sent: 9/12/16: I-130 + I-485 + I-765 (USPS)

Delivered: Sept. 15th 2016 to Chicago Lock Box

Interview Feb  21st, 2018 for I-485

Interview  May 13th, 2019 for I-130 Stokes interview ( 5 minutes)

NOID issued May 17th 2019

June 5th,2019   USCIS received my response per NOID,   Addressed the NOID myself, No lawyer ever used in case.

July 1st, 2019  10 YEAR GREEN CARD APPROVED

July 5th, 2019   Approval letters for I-130 & I-485 received in the USPS  mail.

July 11th 2019   Green Card in Hand

Timeline

Should I be worried ?? Case taking longer than expected  to process

N-400 Application for Naturalization

Submitted on November 15, 2023Receipt # IOE

Estimated time* until case decision:

Your case is taking longer than expected to process. You will be notified if you need to take any action.

*These completion projections are based on case processing for applicants who have been lawful permanent residents for at least 5 years. For all other applicants, completion projections may vary.

• Case Status
  • Case History
  • Documents
November 17, 2023

Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

As of November 17, 2023, we are actively reviewing your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, Receipt Number IOExxxxxxxxxx. Our records show nothing is outstanding at this time. We will let you know if we need anything from you. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Current as of today at 2:47 p.m.

MY HUSBAND'S :   N-400  APPLIED FOR CITIZENSHIP:    Interview will be Houston Tx office.

June 5th 2024:  My husband became a US Citizen ♥♥   1, 474 New US Citizens sworn in- Houston, Tx. 

June 5th,2019   USCIS received my response per NOID,   Addressed the NOID myself, No lawyer ever used in case.

Timeline
39 minutes ago, OldUser said:

No, many people are getting it now, right after no estimate at all in the last few days.

Those estimates are random anyways.

39 minutes ago, OldUser said:

No, many people are getting it now, right after no estimate at all in the last few days.

Those estimates are random anyways.

Big sigh of relief, thank you so very much ♥

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 2/27/2024 at 8:50 PM, ethngd said:

Had my interview today at the Oklahoma City Field Office. It was quick and short. 5 civics test questions asked, verbally answering the form, being told that I passed the test, then I showed the officer our pictures.

I will still have to wait for I-751 to be transferred over. The ceremony will be in the same office. Not sure which date yet.

I did my interview on Feb 29th, at Kansas City FO, 3 yr rule. It was same for me however the officer told me that she is approving both I-751 and N-400 but I could not see any changes online. do we know how long it takes to hear back from them. 

3 hours ago, naturelover0305 said:

I did my interview on Feb 29th, at Kansas City FO, 3 yr rule. It was same for me however the officer told me that she is approving both I-751 and N-400 but I could not see any changes online. do we know how long it takes to hear back from them. 

That I'm not sure how long it would normally take but here are all the updates from my two cases after my interview.

02-27 - N-400 Interview

02-28 - I-751 was transferred to another USCIS office.
02-28 - N-400 recommended to be approved. Case was submitted for quality review.
02-28 - N-400 was placed in line for oath ceremony scheduling.
02-29 - I-751 We approved your Form I-751
03-04 - I-751 Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction
03-04 - N-400 Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.