PIRuby

More CFO Info

17 posts in this topic

Ok, my family is ready to get physicals and interviews.  Daughter in Law (widow), GS 21, GD 18, GS 16, and GS 12.

Please explain what CFO is and steps to get it and where.

I am scheduling exams for a Monday and interviews for the following Friday.  I am trying to cut back on expenses, so hoping just one trip to Manila, from Subic.

Do they need to wait for their visas, or can I combine the CFO for that same week.  

Also, what is the fee they need to pay after getting visa, how to pay and how much.

You can complete CFO remotely/online.  https://www.cfo.gov.ph/ or google CFO Philippines.  Once visa is on hand, access CFO website from 7am Monday - Thursday.  Note that the website closes when they are full for the day.  Once you place your application, upload your docs (the website will tell you what is required), then they will contact you for interview (my beneficiary done it via whatsapp that they provided).  Once completed, they email the CFO certificate.  Hope this helps!

13 minutes ago, hunny&me said:

You can complete CFO remotely/online.  https://www.cfo.gov.ph/ or google CFO Philippines.  Once visa is on hand, access CFO website from 7am Monday - Thursday.  Note that the website closes when they are full for the day.  Once you place your application, upload your docs (the website will tell you what is required), then they will contact you for interview (my beneficiary done it via whatsapp that they provided).  Once completed, they email the CFO certificate.  Hope this helps!

What about the kids, do I make a separate registration and appointment for each of them?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Greetings!

I am just trying to share. Goodluck!

1. FOR MEDICAL:

St. Luke's Medical Center Extension Clinic (slec.ph)

2. INTERVIEW APPOINTMENT:

Apply for a U.S. Visa | Schedule/Change My Appointment - Philippines (English) (ustraveldocs.com)

3. HOTEL NEAREST, SIMPLE AND CLEAN AND JUST A WALKING DISTANCE TO THE CLINIC.

Casa Bocobo Hotel - Guest Reservations

4. REGISTER VISA DELIVERY BEFORE THE INTERVIEW.

Apply for a U.S. Visa | Select Document Delivery Address - Germany (English) (ustraveldocs.com)

5. AIRLINE TICKET, YOUR CHOICE!

6. PDOS SEMINAR:

Online Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS) – for Filipino Emigrants to the United States of America (USA) (cfo.net.ph)

7. PAYING PHILIPPINE TRAVEL TAX AHEAD SAVES A LOT OF TIME.

Tourism Infrastructure and Enterprise Zone Authority (tieza.gov.ph)

8. DEPARTURE RECORD ONLINE, MAY REGISTER WITHIN 72 HOURS BEFORE DEPARTURE.

eTravel - Philippine One-Stop Electronic Travel Declaration System

7 minutes ago, nelmagriffin said:

Greetings!

1. FOR MEDICAL:

Apply for a U.S. Visa | Schedule/Change My Appointment - Philippines (English) (ustraveldocs.com)

Apply for a U.S. Visa | Select Document Delivery Address - Germany (English) (ustraveldocs.com)

6. PDOS SEMINAR:

Online Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS) – for Filipino Emigrants to the United States of America (USA) (cfo.net.ph)

One edit to #6.   An IR1/CR1 (spouse) or K1 (fiancee) visa holder requires the GCP seminar NOT PDOS

Timeline

Greetings!

I sent the link to the site so that you can read and find what you need.

reference" About us – Online Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS) (cfo.net.ph)

"The CFO provides mandatory Pre-departure Orientation Seminar or the PDOS for emigrants 20 to 59 years of age. The CFO also have a special seminar for youth migrants 13 to 19 years called the Peer Counseling Program to address their concerns about cultural adjustments, peer pressure, long distance relationships bullying and others. All emigrants who completed the registration process including attendance to the mandatory seminar with the CFO will receive the CFO Emigrant Registration Sticker. This document will be affixed to their passport as proof of registration."

and of course!

"For Filipinos in intermarriage they are required to attend the CFO’s Guidance and Counseling Program or the GCP in compliance with R.A. 10364 or otherwise known as the “Expanded Anti Trafficking in Persons Law.” 

Edited by nelmagriffin

Timeline

PIRUBY:

In my opinion, first thing first, like you can schedule the following medical, interview appointment and as well as the visa delivery registration. If both the medical and interview are successful, then you will just have to wait for its delivery, check to make sure that there no errors.

If everything is good, then it is time to register for GCP and the PDOS for the others,

12 hours ago, nelmagriffin said:

Greetings!

1. FOR MEDICAL:

6. PDOS SEMINAR:

Thank you so very much.  Is there also an additional fee to pay immigration before traveling?

12 hours ago, nelmagriffin said:

Are St Luke's and Embassy close to each other?

Timeline

reference: USCIS Immigrant Fee | USCIS

USCIS IMMIGRANT FEE:

Who Pays the Fee

We strongly encourage you to pay the USCIS Immigrant Fee after you pick up your immigrant visa from the Department of State and before you depart for the United States.

If you cannot pay the USCIS Immigrant Fee, a family member, friend, employer, attorney, or accredited representative can pay for you. If someone pays the fee for you, they will need your Alien Number (A-Number) and Department of State (DOS) Case ID.

You may also pay the fee after you arrive in the United States. If you choose this option, we will send you a notice requesting payment with instructions on paying your fee. You will not receive your Green Card until you have paid the USCIS Immigrant Fee.

Exemptions

The following groups do not have to pay the USCIS Immigrant Fee:

• Children who enter the United States under the orphan or Hague adoption programs;
  • Iraqi and Afghan special immigrants;
  • Other Afghan nationals (through Sept. 30, 2023);
  • Returning lawful permanent residents (SB-1s); and
  • K nonimmigrants.

How to Pay the Fee

You must pay the fee online. The U.S. embassy or consulate will give you your:

• A-Number (the letter “A” followed by 8 or 9 numbers);
  • DOS Case ID (3 letters followed by 9 or 10 numbers);
  • Instructions for paying the USCIS Immigrant Fee;
  • Immigrant Data Summary; and
  • Sealed immigrant visa packet.

3 hours ago, PIRuby said:

Thank you so very much.  Is there also an additional fee to pay immigration before traveling?

The immigrant fee (sometimes called the "greencard" fee of $220) is paid after receiving the visa.  Instructions on paying this fee is included in the visa/passport package you get from the Consulate.  You can pay this fee anytime but you will not receive the physical greencard from the USCIS after entry until the fee is paid 

19 minutes ago, IWander said:

Relatively 

If we got a hotel about midway between the 2 places, would each be walkable?  Any suggestions.  I can not believe that we are finally at the point of this being real. I just wish Joseph was alive to see his dream coming true.

Joe Fly High w angels.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.