Mari and Ant

Any Updates On Processing Timelines?

20 posts in this topic

I’ve received my NOA2 in April of 2023, NVC has received the case and transferred it over to Lagos Embassy July where it was marked ready since August. Lagos Embassy says average 1-3 months of processing. We didn’t have a priority date included in our NOA2 or an invoice number from the NVC. I’ve contacted USCIS for this issue and they said to contact the embassy since our case has already moved on. I’ve emailed the embassy twice and they haven’t really given much information. My confusion is that according to timelines and posted progress dates, there’s others before and after our NOA2 time who’ve already had their interview whilst I’m still waiting. Some have told us we have to schedule our interview on our own but we can’t even begin because we don’t have an invoice number. Does anyone have any helpful information or advice? Any and all are greatly appreciated. 

2 hours ago, Mari and Ant said:

I’ve received my NOA2 in April of 2023, NVC has received the case and transferred it over to Lagos Embassy July where it was marked ready since August. Lagos Embassy says average 1-3 months of processing. We didn’t have a priority date included in our NOA2 or an invoice number from the NVC. I’ve contacted USCIS for this issue and they said to contact the embassy since our case has already moved on. I’ve emailed the embassy twice and they haven’t really given much information. My confusion is that according to timelines and posted progress dates, there’s others before and after our NOA2 time who’ve already had their interview whilst I’m still waiting. Some have told us we have to schedule our interview on our own but we can’t even begin because we don’t have an invoice number. Does anyone have any helpful information or advice? Any and all are greatly appreciated. 

A k1 doesn't have a priority number nor does it need an invoice number.  All communication with the Consulate needs to reference the assigned case number by NVC

18 hours ago, IWander said:

A k1 doesn't have a priority number nor does it need an invoice number.  All communication with the Consulate needs to reference the assigned case number by NVC

Thank you for your reply! Unfortunately when I try to pay the fee or file the DS260, it won’t move forward unless I input an invoice number which I do not have. I’ve tried using the USCIS receipt number, but it won’t accept it. This has been a very confusing process and I’m very unsure which direction to go.

37 minutes ago, Mari and Ant said:

Thank you for your reply! Unfortunately when I try to pay the fee or file the DS260, it won’t move forward unless I input an invoice number which I do not have. I’ve tried using the USCIS receipt number, but it won’t accept it. This has been a very confusing process and I’m very unsure which direction to go.

The problem is that the K1 uses the DS160 NOT the DS260.

On 11/7/2023 at 8:09 AM, IWander said:

The problem is that the K1 uses the DS160 NOT the DS260.

Thank you kindly for your response. Where did you find the invoice number? It wont let us pay the visa fee to schedule the interview without first entering the invoice number. We’ve tried the USCIS WAC number and it wouldn’t accept that.

53 minutes ago, Mari and Ant said:

Thank you kindly for your response. Where did you find the invoice number? It wont let us pay the visa fee to schedule the interview without first entering the invoice number. We’ve tried the USCIS WAC number and it wouldn’t accept that.

DS 160 doesn't require an invoice number are you still trying to fill out the DS 260?

We have exact NOA1 date as yours and my fiancee's already got her visa. She got packet 3 from embassy(not Lagos) one week after they received our case. You never received any mail or email from embassy??? How do you know they have your case? They should contact you and give you instructions. K1 cases don't have invoice numbers.

1 hour ago, IWander said:

It's called CEAC.  It is an online consulate case tracking system 

Yes. And there’s a section to pay the fee for the visa in order to schedule the interview. In order to pay that fee, it asks for an invoice number. Apparently it’s supposed to come from the NVC but they’ve already forwarded our case to the embassy. When i log into CEAC, there’s only the Home tab, no other tab for me to proceed further. When I check the status it says its been ready since August 11, and ready to be scheduled but I cant begin to do that without paying the visa first, which we can’t do without the invoice number. We’ve emailed the embassy twice and they just say they don’t know the wait times and to wait. We’ve kept an eye on emails and Junk Folder and still nothing. How did you do it for your case?

3 hours ago, seantan2001 said:

We have exact NOA1 date as yours and my fiancee's already got her visa. She got packet 3 from embassy(not Lagos) one week after they received our case. You never received any mail or email from embassy??? How do you know they have your case? They should contact you and give you instructions. K1 cases don't have invoice numbers.

I’m very happy your fiancé is moving forward with her visa :) I think that other embassy is probably Abuja. I wished ours was sent there but it seemed like Lagos was our only option. To answer your question no, I haven’t received an email from the embassy nor in the Junk Folder. We know they have our case because the NVC said it has been forwarded to them, we created an account on CEAC and it showed received by July 13, marked Ready by August 11. The struggle we’re having is paying the fee so we can schedule our interview.  

1 hour ago, Mari and Ant said:

Yes. And there’s a section to pay the fee for the visa in order to schedule the interview. In order to pay that fee, it asks for an invoice number. Apparently it’s supposed to come from the NVC but they’ve already forwarded our case to the embassy. When i log into CEAC, there’s only the Home tab, no other tab for me to proceed further. When I check the status it says its been ready since August 11, and ready to be scheduled but I cant begin to do that without paying the visa first, which we can’t do without the invoice number. We’ve emailed the embassy twice and they just say they don’t know the wait times and to wait. We’ve kept an eye on emails and Junk Folder and still nothing. How did you do it for your case?

If you are on the immigrant side of ceac then you are in the wrong place 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
5 hours ago, Mari and Ant said:

A K-1 is a non-immigrant visa.  No invoice number

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

3 hours ago, Mari and Ant said:

I’m very happy your fiancé is moving forward with her visa :) I think that other embassy is probably Abuja. I wished ours was sent there but it seemed like Lagos was our only option. To answer your question no, I haven’t received an email from the embassy nor in the Junk Folder. We know they have our case because the NVC said it has been forwarded to them, we created an account on CEAC and it showed received by July 13, marked Ready by August 11. The struggle we’re having is paying the fee so we can schedule our interview.  

Are you trying to pay the fee on CEAC or Traveldocs?? You are supposed to create a profile on Traveldocs and pay the fee there. Choose non-immigrant visa during scheduling interview and it shouldn't ask for an invoice number.

Screenshot 2023-11-08 162155.png

5 hours ago, Mari and Ant said:

When I check the status it says its been ready since August 11, and ready to be scheduled but I cant begin to do that without paying the visa first, which we can’t do without the invoice number. 

Yeah I think you are on the wrong website, your embassy never sent you p3 and gave you instructions. You don't pay the fee first then schedule, you start scheduling interview then pay the fee during the process. Go to traveldocs, select your location and start there.

9 hours ago, seantan2001 said:

Are you trying to pay the fee on CEAC or Traveldocs?? You are supposed to create a profile on Traveldocs and pay the fee there. Choose non-immigrant visa during scheduling interview and it shouldn't ask for an invoice number.

Screenshot 2023-11-08 162155.png

I want to say I am so grateful for you everyone else for your helpful feedback, support and direction. When logging in, K1 Visa doesn’t populate under the Nonimmigrant section. I even checked under the “other” option. This is what it shows for Nonimmigrant, whether I choose either embassy. It’s only when I go to Immigrant does it show K1. Even when we were checking the status, it first was shown under Nonimmigrant then eventually it will say “your search did not return any data”. Only until we searched under Immigrant did it show our case status. Ive included two screen shots. If you see at the top one says Nonimmigrant with no option for K1, the other says Immigrant with the option for K1. This is so incredibly confusing. Our DS160 form has Nonimmigrant on it so I’m very confused as to why K1 option isn’t in that same Nonimmigrant section. Do you know anyone that has come across this similar issue? It also doesn’t show me any option to pay a fee on traveldocs. Only on the CEAC site.

IMG_3249.jpeg

IMG_3251.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.