JackJack

I want to marry a US citizen

31 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

By the sounds of this you would just apply for AOS since you didn't enter the usa with the intent of getting married.

It's perfectly legal and accepted to enter the US with the intent of getting married. It is intention to immigrate that can cause problems and is illegal.

Ok I said the same thing here as englishsammy "you could just get married and just adjust status, you came to the US with no intent to marry (student, work visas etc) so I don't see why you would have any problems." so why is what i posted getting centred out like i said something that wasn't right? how was I not right? he didn't originally get a visa with the intent to go there and marry someone. he met someone afterwards and as such could adjust staus with no problems. If he knew before getting a non spousal visa to the usa that he was going to marry a usc, but didn't go with that type of visa, is that not misrepresentation and considered illegal? your seriously confusing me. i feel as if i was misquoted, cause what you said didn't appy to the situation i was talking about. I'm really sorry if I'm completely out to lunch here. I'm not trying to be a b*tch.

"it's legal to to enter the us with intent on getting married" as in: you go there, get married, and than file for the appropriate visa based on that afterwards. not as in you go there with intent, get married, than file for straight aos while your still there. right? :huh:

All's cool :) not centering you out at all........englishsammy's post was after mine and I would of posted the same to that. It is not even misrepresentation to enter the US on a visitors visa or VWP with the intent to get married. Many of us have done that and returned home for the petitions to be filed and apply for a visa. It would only be misrepresentation and illegal if one was found to of had intent to immigrate if one applied to adjust status. So the last part of your post is correct. It just confuses members though when they read "with the intent of getting married" Not trying to be picky at all and I apologise if it came across that way.

Lorelle

:whistle: ok, I get it :)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.