Chasmi

221 G Processing/ Second Interview

10 posts in this topic

Hello,

My fiance’s interview was on July 26th. He was missing the police clearance and was given a 221g slip. He submitted the police clearance along with his passport to the consulate on August 14th. They opened our case multiple times and today November 1 they emailed him to schedule a second interview. I am very stressed out. They have his passport and the second interview is very unusual. His Canadian work visa is going to expire in December. They said everything was good and only asked for the police clearance. Why the second interview now? 

Just now, Chasmi said:

Hello,

My fiance’s interview was on July 26th at Monteral Consulate. He was missing the police clearance and was given a 221g slip. He submitted the police clearance along with his passport to the consulate on August 14th. They opened our case multiple times and today November 1 they emailed him to schedule a second interview. I am very stressed out. They have his passport and the second interview is very unusual. His Canadian work visa is going to expire in December. They said everything was good and only asked for the police clearance. Why the second interview now? 

1 hour ago, Chasmi said:

Hello,

My fiance’s interview was on July 26th. He was missing the police clearance and was given a 221g slip. He submitted the police clearance along with his passport to the consulate on August 14th. They opened our case multiple times and today November 1 they emailed him to schedule a second interview. I am very stressed out. They have his passport and the second interview is very unusual. His Canadian work visa is going to expire in December. They said everything was good and only asked for the police clearance. Why the second interview now? 

Obviously they found something and cannot make a decision without another interview.

But:  if he needs the passport back before a decision is made, he can ask for it.  DOS isn't concerned with his Canadian work visa.  His legal status in Canada is entirely his responsibility, and if there is no decision by the time it expires, he would have to leave.

36 minutes ago, SalishSea said:

Obviously they found something and cannot make a decision without another interview.

But:  if he needs the passport back before a decision is made, he can ask for it.  DOS isn't concerned with his Canadian work visa.  His legal status in Canada is entirely his responsibility, and if there is no decision by the time it expires, he would have to leave.

Thanks for the response! But then why they didn't say anything during the first round? They only requested his police clearance. I am not sure how to stay positive. 

19 minutes ago, Chasmi said:

Thanks for the response! But then why they didn't say anything during the first round? They only requested his police clearance. I am not sure how to stay positive. 

Sometimes it is as simple as they forgot to have him take the oath.  If whatever the situation is was not curable they would not be wasting his time as they are not shy about denying if that is the situation.

4 minutes ago, IWander said:

Sometimes it is as simple as they forgot to have him take the oath.  If whatever the situation is was not curable they would not be wasting his time as they are not shy about denying if that is the situation.

Thanks! It could be that! But after waiting for 12 weeks, they scheduled the interview a month out. This is ridiculous!! 

33 minutes ago, Chasmi said:

Thanks! It could be that! But after waiting for 12 weeks, they scheduled the interview a month out. This is ridiculous!! 

Just the deal with busy consulates.

It could be related to his country of citizenship.

Did they request a form DS-5535?

Just now, Chasmi said:

No, they didn't request anything. Just the police clearance which he submitted on August 14th. 

Is he originally from Pakistan?

Did he submit police records from his home country?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.