Shaamz

PD Is important or DQ Date?

4 posts in this topic

As interviews are scheduled based on PD being current and then DQ has to be complete. So for F2A if my PD Is Jan 2019 but my DQ is March 2023, will I be getting the interview letter soon ?

Or they will jump and schedule interview of someone with Priority Date Feb 2019 (Current) but with earlier DQ complete date March2020?? 

Just kinda confused if we say IL is given based on PD then how DQ date can impact the waiting time. 

Any help will be appreciated.
This is regarding F2A Case.

If both PD’s are current then whoever was DQ’ed first will be scheduled first. So in your example you’d get an interview after the other person, as they were DQ’ed and added to the queue for an interview first. 

IL’s aren’t given based on PD, I don’t know where you’re getting that from. They are scheduled in order of DQ date, once current the PD isn’t relevant to the rest of the process (unless it retrogresses before visa issuance of course). 

HTH. 

Edited by appleblossom

23 hours ago, Shaamz said:

As interviews are scheduled based on PD being current and then DQ has to be complete. So for F2A if my PD Is Jan 2019 but my DQ is March 2023, will I be getting the interview letter soon ?

Or they will jump and schedule interview of someone with Priority Date Feb 2019 (Current) but with earlier DQ complete date March2020?? 

Just kinda confused if we say IL is given based on PD then how DQ date can impact the waiting time. 

Any help will be appreciated.
This is regarding F2A Case.

F2A retrogressed and is no longer current.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.