Dan and Akari

August 2023 I-130 filers

56 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, LadyXoxo said:

I just got an email from USCIS that they received my inquiry but truly I haven’t submitted anything. I wonder if this means they’re in my case? 🤞🏽

If you spoke to an Emma agent in the last few weeks it will trigger this email automatically after a given time. 

51 minutes ago, miha25 said:

Receipt date of 30 August 2023 and no action taken at all since then. Just the “your case is taking longer than expected” message. I filed online and our case is at the Texas Service Center. I’m a USC and spouse is a citizen of Serbia. 

It can happen. I've seen this with I-751. Some cases were stuck in "Case received" and then rapidly went through all online statuses on the day they were reviewed and approved. 

5 hours ago, miha25 said:

The 60% observation above is very helpful! Besides being lucky people, I always wonder who the ~33% approved are months ahead of the remaining 66% in the agonizing now 13+ months wait. Or maybe I’m reading the charts incorrectly? 

I believe the fast 33% are the people doing Adjustment of Status instead of Consular Processing. And the majority of the forms that are being skipped over (the last 25%) are likely the people who petition as an LPR and not as a US citizen. Also, this data only shows I-130s filed on paper, hence the #IOE09 for paper, and #IOE9 for digitally submitted forms. Even though we only can see the forms filed on paper, this is still very informative and the best data we have on an aggregate level to see where things stand as of right now.

On 10/4/2024 at 9:39 AM, Cookie88 said:

One thing I've picked up on the Track My Visa Now website under "What does the current case backlog look like?" is when a month hits 60% the next month starts seeing approvals come through. July is at 58.3%, so we're getting closer to August approvals. 

Screenshot 2024-10-04 at 7.36.52 PM.png

Did this update to at least 60% as yet? @Cookie88

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
On 9/17/2024 at 11:23 AM, Cookie88 said:

Did your congress person  attempt to reach out to USCIS? Because I tried and was told I'm within normal processing times, and that they won't do anything until I'm past that.

Anyhow, I am finding for a few months that anyone getting approved outside the norm has filed a K3. Usually with a margin of getting approved roughly a month earlier than they typically would have. 

I don’t think there’s any discernible pattern to the approvals outside the “normal processing time”.  We have asked ourselves multiple times why we were approved in the timeframe we were. We can’t identify any reason but if we do we identify one, will share it with the world. 

We filed K1 May 12, 2023

Decided to switch to CR1, married July 2023

Filed CR1 August 2, 2023

Filed K3 immediately after receiving NOA 1

I-130 approved January 25, 2024

Approved at interview at embassy July 27,2024

Had my wife not been delayed for TB sputum testing for 10 weeks, we could have potentially been finished May 20, 2024, about 9 1/2 months after filing our I-130. We don’t know if switching from K1 to CR1 or the K3 helped. We are just grateful something worked in our favor. 

We sincerely hope everyone gets approved as quickly as possible because the waiting and not having any idea of how long the wait will be is the most difficult part of the journey aside from being separated from your loved one. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.