Dan and Akari

August 2023 I-130 filers

41 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, LadyXoxo said:

I know 😫. I’m so desperate to get pass this phase and have my family reunited. I’m back to taking longer than expected but I really don’t pay much attention to that. @Eni123

My case went from 7 months to saying longer than expected for the past 3 months now. Praying for a miracle! I’m wondering what the time has been for most August 2023 filers for spouses?Β 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

We realize that it is difficult being apart but try to keep a positive attitude and definitely don’t pay attention to the USCIS estimates because they are useless.
Β 

We suggest using this time to research the next phase of your journey which is NVC. There is a lot of paperwork to gather and upload and you need to pay attention to all the little details which I guarantee will spark more questions. The more familiar you are with the requirements, the faster you can submit the required documents, get DQ’d and get your IL. Β Keep the original of everything you submit. Β  While waiting for your IL, research medical exam requirements and the interview requirements for your embassy.
Β 

Not saying you must take our advice but in our experience submitting the petition and waiting on USCIS, while agonizing, was the easiest part of this process. Β We researched a lot and feel that staying a step ahead has made all the difference.Β 
Β 

We are sure that you will all be getting emails soon and best of luck to you all.Β 

Timeline

Still waiting, definitely reached the 'tired of being told to be positive' phase.

Β 

Already have documents prepped for NVC requirements. Just booked a weekend flight to see my husband for our one year anniversary-- anyway, good luck to those of us still waiting on i130 approvals nearly a year later :( Hope we all get an approval soon.

On 7/18/2024 at 3:47 PM, jay_bird said:

Still waiting, definitely reached the 'tired of being told to be positive' phase.

Β 

Already have documents prepped for NVC requirements. Just booked a weekend flight to see my husband for our one year anniversary-- anyway, good luck to those of us still waiting on i130 approvals nearly a year later :( Hope we all get an approval soon.

Here’s to hearing good news soon πŸ™

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, recent I-130 June approval here (PD 11th of June 2023, approval 30th of July 2024). I wanted to share my experience with the USCIS timer.Β Β 

Β 

I wanted to let everyone know to not trust the USCIS timer. Despite being approved, the estimated time still says '5months' (last month it was 10 months) and the home page still says 'currently being actively reviewed'. Over the course of our wait we got down to 1 week and then 'your case is taking longer than expected' about three times.

Β 

The most accurate measure have beenΒ THESEΒ forums. I got approved the same day people from 10-13th of June 2023 got approved. However, some applicants from earlier in June are still waiting. So USCIS doesnt follow a strict chronological pattern.. and they also approve multiple days at once... so its more like general trends.

Β 

But yeah-- do not trust the approx time it is LIAR!Β 

Β 

PS. we got an email saying 'action has been taken' and the approval letter was in the DOCUMENTS section of my.uscis. The homepage did NOT update from 'case is being actively reviewed'.

Β 

Hang in there! This process is awful for ones mental health.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

My wife had her interview on July 26th in Bangkok and was approved.Β  Visa status just changed to "Issued".

Β 

We sincerely hope everyone gets good news soon, and you are all reunited with your loved ones as soon as possible.

1 minute ago, Eni123 said:

Question for everyone,

Β 

The date USCIS received my case was 8/9/23 but the notice date was 9/22.Β 

Β 

Because from August filers I see a lot of people timelines saying approvals for Sept but mine is saying November... just wondering if USCIS is basing it off the notice date?Β 

It should be based on the priority date on the notice.

46 minutes ago, Eni123 said:

Question for everyone,

Β 

The date USCIS received my case was 8/9/23 but the notice date was 9/22.Β 

Β 

Because from August filers I see a lot of people timelines saying approvals for Sept but mine is saying November... just wondering if USCIS is basing it off the notice date?Β 

Β 

It's based off the Priority Date written on your receipt notice.

Screenshot 2024-08-07 at 5.44.15 PM.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Β 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.