28 posts in this topic

I saw this exact same post on Reddit not too long ago, but OP was still in Canada and ‘ready to start a family’ but no mention of being pregnant. The post disappeared but is this a freaky coincidence? OP was advised that entering as a tourist with the intent to adjust status is not the way to it. Very strange..

Edited by Daphne .

“It’s been 84 years…” 

- Me talking about the progress of my I-751

1 minute ago, Daphne . said:

I saw this exact same post on Reddit not too long ago, but OP was still in Canada and ‘ready to start a family’ but no mention of being pregnant. The post disappeared but is this a freaky coincidence? 

Hi !

I don’t have reddit, but i know many of us in the Canadian dreadful AP forum are thinking about that option. Did the person filed a WOM ? 

3 minutes ago, Nbc16 said:

Hi !

I don’t have reddit, but i know many of us in the Canadian dreadful AP forum are thinking about that option. Did the person filed a WOM ? 

I don’t know, OP apparently removed the post after people started commenting on it.

“It’s been 84 years…” 

- Me talking about the progress of my I-751

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
17 hours ago, Daphne . said:

I don’t know, OP apparently removed the post after people started commenting on it.

Nothing is ever deleted on the internet... what reddit thread was it? Id love to snoop for it 

Timeline
On 10/31/2023 at 11:59 AM, Nbc16 said:

Hi everybody,

my fiance and I applied for k1 2 years and a half ago were approved and interviewed. Everything went well but was put on administrative processing for months with no apparent reason (Canada). We have been ready to get married for over a year now not knowing that this was gonna take forever… i am currently on a visit in the US to see him and we just found out we are pregnant. We both want to marry asap not knowing how long this administrative black hole is gonna take, can we marry spontaneously right now, abandon the k1 and adjust status instead? I had no intent of marrying on this visit i’m simply here to watch his sports season just like every fall, as he’s a professional athlete. I’m aware it will take months but atleast we will be together during these times. Please share your experience or knowledge on the subject!

Thank you!

just found this: 

Looks like pregnancy is not a valid reason to get your case expeditied. 

Just now, Dana.L said:

just found this: 

Looks like pregnancy is not a valid reason to get your case expeditied. 

Hi Dana!

i saw that today and i kinda knew it was not a good reason for them but at this point we aren’t even going to try to expedite anymore.. It wasn’t planned but it’s making us want to adjust while I am here in the US even more now that we’re expecting. That’s obviously if our WOM is dismissed… It looks like it will still be more months of wait either way :(

Timeline
44 minutes ago, Nbc16 said:

Hi Dana!

i saw that today and i kinda knew it was not a good reason for them but at this point we aren’t even going to try to expedite anymore.. It wasn’t planned but it’s making us want to adjust while I am here in the US even more now that we’re expecting. That’s obviously if our WOM is dismissed… It looks like it will still be more months of wait either way :(

You would think HAVING A BABY would help it along but I understand why it doesnt. This process is really tough sometimes :(
I would start the adjustment process, you might not be able to work or leave the country, but at least you will be together. 

Im unsure how you would get all of your things from Canada if you cant leave the states. Do you have people who could help move your stuff for you?

Edited by Dana.L

1 hour ago, Dana.L said:

You would think HAVING A BABY would help it along but I understand why it doesnt. This process is really tough sometimes :(
I would start the adjustment process, you might not be able to work or leave the country, but at least you will be together. 

Im unsure how you would get all of your things from Canada if you cant leave the states. Do you have people who could help move your stuff for you?

The most important part is for us to be together! My parents offered to pack and ship my things fortunately i was renting most of the furniture while waiting for this limbo to be over so i don’t have any appliances or big pieces of furniture to sale or to move!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
56 minutes ago, Nbc16 said:

The most important part is for us to be together! My parents offered to pack and ship my things fortunately i was renting most of the furniture while waiting for this limbo to be over so i don’t have any appliances or big pieces of furniture to sale or to move!

You won't be able to import your items until EAD or GC is in hand. 

Please check the timelines for EAD/AP it was taking 8 months to a year and nearly 2 years to get GC. You won't be able to leave what so ever without AP. It really might not be worth it with you already past the interview. Even with the Dreaded AP. But for sure check the timelines before deciding. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

1 minute ago, Ontarkie said:

You won't be able to import your items until EAD or GC is in hand. 

Please check the timelines for EAD/AP it was taking 8 months to a year and nearly 2 years to get GC. You won't be able to leave what so ever without AP. It really might not be worth it with you already past the interview. Even with the Dreaded AP. But for sure check the timelines before deciding. 

I’m aware of the timelines, at this point it’s nearly been 3 years. I would still be in the same situation because i would still need to wait a few more months then adjust status once we get married post k1 so no work or leaving the US either way 😕

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Nbc16 said:

I’m aware of the timelines, at this point it’s nearly been 3 years. I would still be in the same situation because i would still need to wait a few more months then adjust status once we get married post k1 so no work or leaving the US either way 😕

I forgot you were K1, you're right about being stuck. 

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.