mapi

Timeframes jumped from 1 week to 2 months today

19 posts in this topic

Lol, all of a sudden the update of the timeframes webpage shows that they are working on cases from August 17! https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/nvc-timeframes.html

It has been one week processing time for months and now I can finally upload it is one week.

Just submitted everything.

Not an informative post, just frustration.

I would say  this is probably a mistake, because given they were only behind 1 week, they should now be 2 weeks or 10 days behind, cant understand how they now be 60 days behind.....

Edited by usa_resident_2023

On 10/18/2023 at 5:58 AM, Denis74 said:

I was thinking the same thing ! We just submitted our documents and now saw the 2 months delay ! 
Mistake or not, we'll have to wait again and again 😁

Haha yup. Personally it does not really matter for us. We're expecting a little one in December and booked our flights for May 7th 2024.

I am just surprised (maybe I shouldn't be anymore) that many stakeholders in this process are incapable of managing the flow if it really jumped from one week to 2 months. I can't imagine that all of a sudden there was a peak of 800% in new cases, considering the case creation timeframe is a gatekeeper of this process. Lol. We'll see.

Edited by mapi

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I seriously doubt there has been any change to the workload, what does bounce around are the numbers on the eb site that seem to have at best a tenuous connection with reality.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
6 hours ago, mapi said:

Haha yup. Personally it does not really matter for us. We're expecting a little one in December and booked our flights for May 7th 2024.

I am just surprised (maybe I shouldn't be anymore) that many stakeholders in this process are incapable of managing the flow if it really jumped from one week to 2 months. I can't imagine that all of a sudden there was a peak of 800% in new cases, considering the case creation timeframe is a gatekeeper of this process. Lol. We'll see.

It does not for us too as we are expecting to leave at the exact same date as you (Direct flight from Paris to Seattle with air france for the 2 of us and our 🐕) Didn't booked yet but we will soon.) but some people are really waiting that ITW to be able to go to the us so I can understand the worry ! (Direct flight from Paris to Seattle. Didn't booked yet but we will soon.)

Congrats for the little one 🥳

I agree, that's almost impossible to have that kind of huge peak in new cases ! 

On 10/18/2023 at 10:39 AM, usa_resident_2023 said:

So I confirmed with multiple post updates, it seems like NVC document processing time is still 7-10 days Max. 

That would be great. Could you let us know how/with whom you were able to confirm that or what your sources are? Thanks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

This is so strange, have seen people with NVC submissions way passed the date given getting documentarily qualified. I know it's not an exact science but I wonder why the sudden change... 

One thing I will say is that this level of a jump seems to be quite rare. Usually changes in processing times are gradual so I am inclined to believe this is a temporary issue but who can say. Fingers crossed! 

Source for historic processing times: https://visawhen.com/nvc

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

This really does look strange because how do you go from a 7 day backlog and in literally 1 week go to a 60 day backlog? That makes no sense. Something seems off here. The most it's jumped since Jan 2021, is 7 days worth back in Feb 2021. And that seems reasonable as they didn't do any review in that week so it added a week.

image.png.4b67bd4f9b979dcf5314fe911047f1d2.png

Edited by Kayl&Natch

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Just an addition - they showed as having processed August 30th cases on September 11th. I don't know how you can backtrack like that when October 10th it was showing through processed through October 3rd.

4 minutes ago, Kayl&Natch said:

Just an addition - they showed as having processed August 30th cases on September 11th. I don't know how you can backtrack like that when October 10th it was showing through processed through October 3rd.

Exactly. It is illogical...unless they found an unopened batch from August in the basement somewhere and are now processing that batch lol 

Well, I got Documentarily Qualified today!

Submitted October 17th, Qualified on the 25th!

Our case made use of a joint sponsor and household member(married filed jointly)

54 minutes ago, mapi said:

Well, I got Documentarily Qualified today!

Submitted October 17th, Qualified on the 25th!

Our case made use of a joint sponsor and household member(married filed jointly)

wow, thats great news!!! Congrats!!!! you are reaching the end of this long journey...!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.