mw & rg k1

October 2023 - AOS Filers

478 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
5 hours ago, serret said:

They scanned all the evidence we sent (W2, paystubs, employment letter) - but as others pointed out we hadn't sent them the tax return transcripts so I'll upload those via the online platform. Apparently, W2s are only supplementary, USCIS primarily wants the tax return transcripts. 

If you don't mind me asking - why didn't you upload the evidence via the online tool first? I'm thinking of doing just that instead of the mail. 

I believe someone mentioned a few months ago recommending to "mail" RFE for AOS since we start i-485 via paper (online filing not available). I understand what you are saying because it is easier to upload once we have our uscis account. If it was me, I would "mail" it first. OCD haha. It's just me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
On 10/27/2023 at 2:51 PM, ThailandR said:

My now wife applied for a SSN 30 days after we arrived in the US.  It arrived the day before I mailed out the AOS package, in which I denoted she had a SSN and I included a copy of it with the I-765 paperwork.  The SS card has the following typed on it above her SS number "Valid for work only with DHS Authorization".  Has anyone else obtained a SSN card with the notation above?  I am wondering if it was done like this because it was issued prior to the EAD.

Once you receive your EAD card, you can go to your nearest Social Security Administration office with your wife then they will shred the one she has and mail you a new one without that condition.

I-485 NOA text received a few minutes ago and an update via USCIS portal that our I-130 is "actively being reviewed". 🥳

I-485 was received in Tempe, AZ on 10/26 so not a bad turnaround for NOA

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I added my husband’s tax transcript just to be sure. Also I-693 included in AOS package, just to avoid RFE related to vaccinations and health examination. Saw some cases that even included ds3025 and they still asking this form particularly.

BTW, I got my online access code in mail today!!😄 And the biometrics appt date shown in online account ‘Document’ is Nov 16.

Timeline
14 hours ago, grumpypiggy said:

I added my husband’s tax transcript just to be sure. Also I-693 included in AOS package, just to avoid RFE related to vaccinations and health examination. Saw some cases that even included ds3025 and they still asking this form particularly.

BTW, I got my online access code in mail today!!😄 And the biometrics appt date shown in online account ‘Document’ is Nov 16.

walk-in at SF Application Support Center and got my fingerprints done in 5 mins lol…fyi not all offices can do walk-in, I know SF can because I did it before. Now, case updated being actively reviewed!

Edited by grumpypiggy

Timeline
5 minutes ago, serret said:

Wait, you can do your biometrics earlier by just walking in?😧

yes i did it at SF! saved me 2 weeks…although i have not received the letter in mail yet, I printed out the documents online and brought it in along with my passport.

Edited by grumpypiggy

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 11/1/2023 at 7:23 AM, serret said:

They scanned all the evidence we sent (W2, paystubs, employment letter) - but as others pointed out we hadn't sent them the tax return transcripts so I'll upload those via the online platform. Apparently, W2s are only supplementary, USCIS primarily wants the tax return transcripts. 

If you don't mind me asking - why didn't you upload the evidence via the online tool first? I'm thinking of doing just that instead of the mail. 

Received the RFE letter faster than the Bio appointment or the account online access information ...
So sent back the RFE ASAP .... but then seeing they didn't do anything with it ... went for the online option

Edited by mw & rg k1
typo

Timeline
On 11/1/2023 at 1:18 PM, CaseyKat said:

Once you receive your EAD card, you can go to your nearest Social Security Administration office with your wife then they will shred the one she has and mail you a new one without that condition.

You can do SSN before the EAD arrival ... only thing is it says not valid for work unless presented with authorization card.

I didn't wait as I wanted the SSN so can file taxes (for sure) as married this year.

Timeline

Ugh .... Case for EAD (I-765) went from Taking longer than expected to now ....

So looking forward to the break between AOS/EAD/AP and I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions (later)

Estimated time until your case decision:

3 Months

Current step: Case decision

Timeline
16 hours ago, mw & rg k1 said:

Ugh .... Case for EAD (I-765) went from Taking longer than expected to now ....

So looking forward to the break between AOS/EAD/AP and I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions (later)

Estimated time until your case decision:

3 Months

Current step: Case decision

interesting….my i765 estimated time says 2 weeks??? i131 says 2 months…anyway i never trust uscis time estimate (learned from k1)😂😂😂

IMG_4052.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

My wife received 3 text messages just a little bit ago, indicating the 1-485, I-765, and I-131 were received. Each text message has a Receipt# with just the last number being different for each approval.  The texts indicate the Form I-797C will follow in the mail.

Are the IOE numbers listed for each application, in the texts, the same as the Receipt number which will be listed on the I-797C?  Reason for asking is I want to try and add these cases to the USCIS Account we already have.

How long is it taking for the on-line access code to show up?

Edited by ThailandR

Timeline
2 hours ago, ThailandR said:

My wife received 3 text messages just a little bit ago, indicating the 1-485, I-765, and I-131 were received. Each text message has a Receipt# with just the last number being different for each approval.  The texts indicate the Form I-797C will follow in the mail.

Are the IOE numbers listed for each application, in the texts, the same as the Receipt number which will be listed on the I-797C?  Reason for asking is I want to try and add these cases to the USCIS Account we already have.

How long is it taking for the on-line access code to show up?

Yes, they are the same numbers on NOAs. You need the I-485 online access code to add these cases to your USCIS account.

Time varies....for you reference, I got the code in mail 5 days after receiving text messages. Once you add the I-485 with code to your account, your I-765 and I-131 will show up too, because they are concurrent filing.

Timeline
4 hours ago, grumpypiggy said:

interesting….my i765 estimated time says 2 weeks??? i131 says 2 months…anyway i never trust uscis time estimate (learned from k1)😂😂😂

IMG_4052.jpeg

oh well...seems like my I-765 got approval today. Saw a document named "I-765 C09 Standalone Approval" in my account, downloaded and found out they gave me a 5-year EAD, expiration date is 11/01/2028.

6 hours ago, grumpypiggy said:

oh well...seems like my I-765 got approval today. Saw a document named "I-765 C09 Standalone Approval" in my account, downloaded and found out they gave me a 5-year EAD, expiration date is 11/01/2028.

On 10/31/2023 at 7:19 PM, mw & rg k1 said:

Our group here is way more active than July 2023 or September 2023 filers, and, since some of the same of us are from K1 December Group too ... just goes to show we know where the cool kids hand out.

In all seriousness, it looks from what little I see of similar AOS groups that ~2-3 months for EAD and or AOS is common ....

Best wishes to all

This is very interesting indeed! When I checked the actual USCIS website it makes it seem like it’s going to take closer to 1-2 years for AOS, but seeing these dates people are posting on here gives me a little more hope that it won’t take that long hopefully. 

We got our noa 10/24 but still no response yet - we sent everything to the Chicago lock box since we are based in Oregon

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.