mw & rg k1

October 2023 - AOS Filers

480 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
14 hours ago, ThailandR said:

My now wife applied for a SSN 30 days after we arrived in the US.  It arrived the day before I mailed out the AOS package, in which I denoted she had a SSN and I included a copy of it with the I-765 paperwork.  The SS card has the following typed on it above her SS number "Valid for work only with DHS Authorization".  Has anyone else obtained a SSN card with the notation above?  I am wondering if it was done like this because it was issued prior to the EAD.

same with my wife. thats is why we need to also submit I-765....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
5 hours ago, serret said:

5 days ago the online tracker said "RFIE sent" for our I-485 application but we haven't received a letter to this day. Yesterday it turned into "Biometric appointment scheduled" :D I wonder if the RFIE notice was a mistake. 

What online Tracker? Do you mean the USCIS log in where you input the NOA number?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: China
Timeline
7 hours ago, serret said:

5 days ago the online tracker said "RFIE sent" for our I-485 application but we haven't received a letter to this day. Yesterday it turned into "Biometric appointment scheduled" :D I wonder if the RFIE notice was a mistake. 

mine's also turned into bio appt scheduled yesterday!!! will check my mailbox next week (different than residential address), hope there are noas+online access code+bio appt letters all waiting for me....(figure crossed)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 10/28/2023 at 5:33 AM, GinoNiña said:

same with my wife. thats is why we need to also submit I-765....

Us too ... unfortunatly, the state of Nevada would not give her the married name she wanted so we are also in process of doing a "legal name change" in the state of california ....

Court date for the hearing is 11/16 so we get the pleasure of going back and adjusting that (and many other documents) once we have proof of name change.

Here is yet another weird one.
Registering the wedding at the Consulate for her home country, They required a "recent issued" (within last 6 months) birth certificate to accept the paperwork to register the wedding.  This is in part because marital status is tracked on these documents in her home country ... Result: We have had to have a fresh document mailed up from there before we can proceed with this consulate process. lol 

Timeline
On 10/25/2023 at 8:04 AM, GinoNiña said:

You  filed I-765 with the 485? I read somewhere to wait for 485 receipt and then turn  in 765 with receipt from 485.

We mailed both at the same time .... they sent back a notice for the 765 (and 131) saying that the fees were paid (as part of the 485)

Timeline
On 10/26/2023 at 6:08 PM, grumpypiggy said:

oh yay!!! good to see you again @mw & rg k1, and seems like we ended up to be in the same month (former i129f dec filers) again lol

we just submitted our AOS package (along with i765 and i131) to Chicago USCIS Lockbox on 10/21/2023 via UPS, and got it delivered on 10/24/2023. Waiting on the receipt.....

@grumpypiggy Happy to see you back again ....

Don't think we will be scanning for these forms as there is a very good website for this now.

https://www.casestatusext.com/forms/I-485/IOE-LB

They even just started scanning the I-129F ... so our job(s) have been replaced (thankfully)

Timeline
On 10/26/2023 at 8:46 PM, serret said:

Count me in too 😀 I-129F December 2021 filer. AOS package sent on October 10, 2023, NOA-1 on October 13. Received RFIE for I-485 on October 23, still waiting for the letter. Btw how do you add your case to your MyUscis account? It asks for an online access code but we havent received it? It wasnt mentioned in the NO-1 either. 

They took forever to send us the form that looked like the "enter code" part of adding an account ...

once you get that form, (has online access 1/3 of the way down on the right) if you are still unclear, send me a email/message and will be glad to help

Timeline
On 10/26/2023 at 9:00 PM, grumpypiggy said:

Heyyyy!! another face I remember😁

Yes, i believe they will send an email to you regarding the code, but if you haven't received it for too long, maybe ask Emma??

@serret and @grumpypiggy ... is a physical letter they send (slowly) ....

Much easier to watch things move slowly once the account is opened. ;)

7 minutes ago, mw & rg k1 said:

They took forever to send us the form that looked like the "enter code" part of adding an account ...

once you get that form, (has online access 1/3 of the way down on the right) if you are still unclear, send me a email/message and will be glad to help

Just got the online account letter and finally were able to add the case to our online account! We also found a copy of the biometrics letter under "Documents" and learned when I'll have my biometrics, which will be November 16. We were anxiously waiting for the letter in the mail to learn about the appointment date, but no need for that anymore :D

Edited by serret

Timeline
8 minutes ago, serret said:

Just got the online account letter and finally were able to add the case to our online account! We also found a copy of the biometrics letter under "Documents" and learned when I'll have my biometrics, which will be November 16. We were anxiously waiting for the letter in the mail to learn about the appointment date, but no need for that anymore :D

You should read the site they refer to about "biometrics" .... ooph.
It is rather amazing to me that they can schedule an appointment and you are expected to attend at the risk of loosing everything if you fail to appear.
They do say you can reschedule BUT it has to be a reason they accept ... ooph

I put the appointment on my calander in bold to be sure that we don't miss it

We just reviewed their RFIE letter and I'm very, very confused.

They say they couldn't determine whether the sponsor (my US citizen husband) is qualified but we are above the minimum requirement by far and did submit a lot of evidence. Perhaps someone can help me here. Here is our info.

Husband works full-time for a company and makes 110k USD a year before taxes. Our household is just him and I, so 2 people.

This is the evidence we submitted:

- Official letter from employer that has his employment and salary details.

- Paystubs from the last 6 months.

- W-2 forms for 2022, 2021, and 2020 (he is above the cutoff in all).

I don't think they lost this evidence since they uploaded the scans to our online account. We also have a mortgage and he has student debt. I don't think liabilities cancel income but maybe that's the case here? Or is it the W-2 forms? Should we submit another type of form instead (1040s maybe?)?

We would appreciate some insights. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
1 hour ago, serret said:

We just reviewed their RFIE letter and I'm very, very confused.

They say they couldn't determine whether the sponsor (my US citizen husband) is qualified but we are above the minimum requirement by far and did submit a lot of evidence. Perhaps someone can help me here. Here is our info.

Husband works full-time for a company and makes 110k USD a year before taxes. Our household is just him and I, so 2 people.

This is the evidence we submitted:

- Official letter from employer that has his employment and salary details.

- Paystubs from the last 6 months.

- W-2 forms for 2022, 2021, and 2020 (he is above the cutoff in all).

I don't think they lost this evidence since they uploaded the scans to our online account. We also have a mortgage and he has student debt. I don't think liabilities cancel income but maybe that's the case here? Or is it the W-2 forms? Should we submit another type of form instead (1040s maybe?)?

We would appreciate some insights. 

W-2s are not sufficient by themselves, he needs to send the tax transcripts of the most recent tax year and optionally of the previous two years as well. They can be accessed from the IRS website. Just Google tax transcripts IRS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.