mw & rg k1

October 2023 - AOS Filers

480 posts in this topic

Updates:

green card approved on 5/31. we originally submitted adjustment of status early October 2023. Did not get work auth or advanced parole prior to green card even though we submitted the application - luckily it isn’t needed anymore! 

On 5/31 I noticed a new status update of “your card is being produced”, then a few hours later it switch to case approved! 

Our RFE arrived at the Vermont field office 5/17, in under two weeks we got approved!

Our RFE was mainly to have the vaccine portion updated since my husband’s country didn’t offer the required vaccinations and also an issue with his birth certificate (even though the certificate was official and authenticated by the government, the authentication date was 2021, not at the time of his birth because that’s not standard where he is from) - we ended up submitted affidavits from older family members who could attest to his birth and that he is who he says he is, as well as school records from primary to college. We also sent in evidence of joint finances even though it was not requested - an immigration lawyer recommended we do this at the time of RFE

so for anyone about to start the process - get the vaccine portion of the medical redone (usually this is a cheaper fee if just for vaccines)  if you weren’t able to get them in your home country; if you do not have a birth certificate authenticated from time of your birth, get at least two family members to submit affidavits (both original language and translated - these need to be notarized). Submit evidence of shared finances, lease agreements, health insurance, etc. 

glad to hear others have interviews on the way and are/were approved! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 6/1/2024 at 12:13 PM, SaraClaire11 said:

Wishing you the best of luck! Let us know how it goes!

The app updated again today and now our status says our case was approved as of yesterday. Already been looking into the I-751 and what's needed to remove conditions in 2 years. 

I made a post a while back about I-751 removal of conditions.
Even started a word doc and let me tell you that it was already hard to find correct photos for our story.

Our doc is already up to ~35 pages and I check in on it every 2 weeks or so to see what I need to add (or remember to take photos to add).
Orginized with a table of contents in front and then page after page of proof points.

Here is our current table of contents for reference.
Will is started and in process ... Not sure if I will kep gift receipts 
But the general list came from that link I submitted to this group chat.

Evidence of CoHabitation (showing both names)

Association document to property showing both names…………………………….………24

Mortgage or loan document showing both names…………………………………..………..21
    Lease agreement showing both names……………………………..…………………….10, 24
    Voided or Canceled checks………………………………………………………….….……9, 17

Property and Car insurance………….………………………….………………………….10, 22

Evidence of CoHabitation (showing same address)

Driver’s Licenses, IDs, Gov’n Docs……..…………………..…5, 18, 20, 24-25, Attachments
    Bank Statements ………………………………………………..…………………..…………..17

Utility bills ………………………………………………………………………..…………...11, 34

Health and other insurance policies……………………………….….……….…..………12, 22

Correspondence from friends, family………………………….….……………..…………26-28

Affidavits from friends, family, neighbors, landlords………….….…..……..…………Attached

Evidence of Commingling of Finances (Joint Finances)

Bank statements………………………………………………………….…….…….…….……17

Canceled checks and Credit………..…………………..…….………….……..………9, 17, 19

Loan statements…………………………………………………….…….…………..…………21

Health, life, property, auto insurance statement……………………….…...….…………12, 22

Utility bills………………………………………………………………….……..……...……11, 34

Tax Returns Married filing Jointly…………………....……2023 & 2024 Transcripts Attached

Ownership of property…………………………….…..…………………………………………21

Family matters including wills, etc.………….….…..……………………….…………………??

Evidence of intimacy

Photos of couple’s wedding, honeymoon………..…………….………………………2-5, 30,x

Photos of vacation………………………………….………………………..………13-14, 29-31

Photos of family dinners/activities……………………………….…………8, 13-14, 25, 29, 31

Photos of holidays…………………………………..…………..……………………8, 13, 14, 31

Travel Itineraries and hotel bookings…………………..………………………………13, 27-32

Photos of vacations or trips ………………………………….………………5, 8, 13, 14, 29-32
    Photos of international family visit trips…………………..………………….…………3, 29, 30

Tickets to events both attended……………………………….……….…….5, 9, 15, 23-25, 31

Gift Receipts……………..…………………………………………….……………

Evidence of in-law communication……………………..…..…………………3, 7, 8, 25, 27-28

Joint Accounts…………………….….………………………9-12, 15-17, 19, 21-22, 24, 33-34      
    Social Media Records………………………….7, 27-28 (and many of the photos within doc)

Attachments

IRS Tax Filings 2023 & 2024,          Brazil Recognition of wedding (Apostilled)

Affidavits (Person 1 & Person 2), Religious Certificate of Wedding (in Brazil)   

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
On 6/1/2024 at 12:13 PM, SaraClaire11 said:

Wishing you the best of luck! Let us know how it goes!

The app updated again today and now our status says our case was approved as of yesterday. Already been looking into the I-751 and what's needed to remove conditions in 2 years. 

Today was the day for the wife's GC interview at the USCIS field office. Arrived at 6:30 am, 15 minutes before the time on the Appointment letter. Walked in through security after being screened and then upstairs we went. Checked in with the Check-in desk, wife then had her photo taken and index finger prints done. I was told the Agent would be out and would take me back first. Waited about 30 minutes and then the Agent came out and called my name.. into the Agents office I went, was sworn in, and then spent the next 45 minutes  yes 45 minutes being asked questions regarding this sponsorship and then about my prior one done over 10 years ago.  They were concerned about the age gap, but in the end after giving all my evidence the agent was pleased and took me back out to the waiting area. The agent then had my wife follow back and 10 minutes later they both walked out together with my wife smiling.  The agent told us we were approved and the card should be in the mail in about 2 weeks.  My w8fe sa8d she was asked just 6 questions, the first regarding how my children felt about me marrying a younger woman. My wife answered the same way I did, that age was irrelevant to them as long as we were happy and they can see we are. The other question was about why her daughter did not come with us and it was explained that the father wanted the daughter to make her own decision when she turned 14. The remaining questions were about how we met, how long we have been together, and if I had told her about my ex-wife and why we divorced.

At the end of the day, we'll 8:30 am, we left with my wife being very happy and smiling.   

Still no change in the App.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
15 minutes ago, ThailandR said:

Today was the day for the wife's GC interview at the USCIS field office. Arrived at 6:30 am, 15 minutes before the time on the Appointment letter. Walked in through security after being screened and then upstairs we went. Checked in with the Check-in desk, wife then had her photo taken and index finger prints done. I was told the Agent would be out and would take me back first. Waited about 30 minutes and then the Agent came out and called my name.. into the Agents office I went, was sworn in, and then spent the next 45 minutes  yes 45 minutes being asked questions regarding this sponsorship and then about my prior one done over 10 years ago.  They were concerned about the age gap, but in the end after giving all my evidence the agent was pleased and took me back out to the waiting area. The agent then had my wife follow back and 10 minutes later they both walked out together with my wife smiling.  The agent told us we were approved and the card should be in the mail in about 2 weeks.  My w8fe sa8d she was asked just 6 questions, the first regarding how my children felt about me marrying a younger woman. My wife answered the same way I did, that age was irrelevant to them as long as we were happy and they can see we are. The other question was about why her daughter did not come with us and it was explained that the father wanted the daughter to make her own decision when she turned 14. The remaining questions were about how we met, how long we have been together, and if I had told her about my ex-wife and why we divorced.

At the end of the day, we'll 8:30 am, we left with my wife being very happy and smiling.   

Still no change in the App.

Congrats! That is great news! 45 mins is a bit long but you were successful and that's all that matters! 

Timeline

Yesterday we received our I-797 approval notice and today my husbands green card arrived in the mail!!!

What a relief!!!

Timeline

I-797 approval notice was uploaded today on the USCIS website,  we also received an Email notifying us of a status change.  Now to await the arrival of the GC in the mail.  7 months and 6 days from the day the AOS was received. Not to bad when it also included having to interview.wiahing everyone else still in tge process the best of luck.

Timeline

Update. 

Today the case status changed to Card was produced.  Now to wait for it to arrive in the mail. My wife is so excited, and I am happy this first ordeal is done. Next up in 2 years to do the Removal of Conditions procedure and at the same time apply for her citizenship.

Timeline
1 hour ago, ThailandR said:

GC arrived today in the mail  so my wife is now officially a Permanent Resident, well that's what the card says at least.

Remember, get that document started ASAP ... you'll be amazed just how hard it is already to dig up photos in just this short time

Timeline
1 hour ago, mw & rg k1 said:

Remember, get that document started ASAP ... you'll be amazed just how hard it is already to dig up photos in just this short time

Duplicates of everything taken to GC interview made and already the stack of photos and documents grows.....crazy isn't it  

Timeline
On 6/13/2024 at 5:38 PM, ThailandR said:

Update. 

Today the case status changed to Card was produced.  Now to wait for it to arrive in the mail. My wife is so excited, and I am happy this first ordeal is done. Next up in 2 years to do the Removal of Conditions procedure and at the same time apply for her citizenship.

So happy to hear this - yay! 🥳 We all made it such a long way and should be proud - none of this is easy!

We are synced up on the same timeline now - we can send it our removal on conditions anytime after March 1 2026 (90 days before GC expires) - and believe me we have already started prepping. Once he got his SS card in the mail we went over to my credit union and added him to my bank account. We also have his resume completed and been applying at jobs and looking at getting him into another ESL class. One step at a time!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 5/31/2024 at 5:30 PM, smashtic said:

Today we received notice that our case was transferred to our local field office.

They are also asking for a I-693 Medical. For context our DS-3025 was not marked complete for some reason after the exam. In the FAQ for the 693 it says if a medical exam was performed prior to entry (and less than 1 year), then a medical exam is not needed but that a confirmation / translation of vaccine updates is required if the DS was not filled out correctly.

Is it safe to just perform the full 693 or thoughts on having them translate the vaccine portion? 

Also I assume the next step is interview if it is at our local office.

Update: Since our DS was not marked complete we decided to do a full 693 panel for $380. It turns out there were some vaccines to update, which worked out. 

We took the advise from rierose and went in person to drop it off. Also included a packet of evidence of life together, in the off chance it would help with the approval. 

The next day our case was updated to Approved! Now we wait for the card to be issued and start gathering more evidence for the 2 year condition removal.

Edited by smashtic

Timeline
10 hours ago, smashtic said:

Update: Since our DS was not marked complete we decided to do a full 693 panel for $380. It turns out there were some vaccines to update, which worked out. 

We took the advise from rierose and went in person to drop it off. Also included a packet of evidence of life together, in the off chance it would help with the approval. 

The next day our case was updated to Approved! Now we wait for the card to be issued and start gathering more evidence for the 2 year condition removal.

Excellent news and congratulations 

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Well, seems all active members have gotten through the AOS process ... I do hope that Visa Journey maintains this to help others through this process.

See you all at the I751 and N400 steps.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.