mw & rg k1

October 2023 - AOS Filers

480 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: China
Timeline

FYI: I asked Emma today about my green card: Card Produced 12/19/2023, no tracking number yet.

(My case status still showing case approved)

Edited by grumpypiggy

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, grumpypiggy said:

FYI: I asked Emma today about my green card: Card Produced 12/19/2023, no tracking number yet.

Update: Case status changed to Card Was Picked Up By USPS with tracking number provided. Expected delivery on 12/22/2023 Friday. 

@mw & rg k1 Looks like mine takes 9 days after approval to received the card. In my case it shows the tracking number when picked up, although I do knew others' status changed to card was delivered (tracking shown after got delivered) directly after case approved.

Edited by grumpypiggy

1 hour ago, grumpypiggy said:

Update: Case status changed to Card Was Picked Up By USPS with tracking number provided. Expected delivery on 12/22/2023 Friday. 

@mw & rg k1 Looks like mine takes 9 days after approval to received the card. In my case it shows the tracking number when picked up, although I do knew others' status changed to card was delivered (tracking shown after got delivered) directly after case approved.

Lol, same!! Status changed to card picked up by USPS today and expected delivery date is the 22nd!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline
On 10/17/2023 at 7:49 AM, badwolfxi said:

I also used the credit card payment option so the payment was processed immediately rather than waiting a few days for a check to be cleared.

Hello! Quick question....so can I submit the entire (130/130A/864/765/485) AOS package and pay with CC? I thought it all had to be in cash/check/ACH! =0(

On 10/17/2023 at 7:49 AM, badwolfxi said:

I also used the credit card payment option so the payment was processed immediately rather than waiting a few days for a check to be cleared.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
6 hours ago, grumpypiggy said:

@grumpypiggy and @serret ... was getting depressed that card wasn't getting made and just tonight it switched to produced (today) ... so we will see if trend continues ... based on yours, I will be hoping for Saturday or Tuesday.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

For those that received an RFE and returned what was asked, how long after your tracking showed it was delivered did you see a change on the system showing it was received.  My wife's RFE was received over a week ago, I have the green postcard receipt now and USPS shows it was delivered, but yet there is no status change in the case......so frustrated and concerned at this point the case has been put on the back burner.

EAD status now back to 2 weeks from 1 week for the 3rd time.....ugh.

Guess with the holidays we may not see anything until next year.

Congratulations to all who have been successful.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline
13 hours ago, EstambulPR said:

Hello! Quick question....so can I submit the entire (130/130A/864/765/485) AOS package and pay with CC? I thought it all had to be in cash/check/ACH! =0(

Yes, there's a separate form for paying with a credit card that has you fill in your CC info. You have to include that and place on top of your packet

23 minutes ago, badwolfxi said:

Yes, there's a separate form for paying with a credit card that has you fill in your CC info. You have to include that and place on top of your packet

There is a separate form that you place on top, but be  aware/careful with this one, because the way USCIS inputs your credit card number and info, flags it as fraud from your credit card company, at least it did with my Capital One ( I called Capital One to ask about this and they said USCIS tried to run the card without any of the security codes or anything.), and they will not rerun the card; this delayed us over one month, because we were waiting for them to return our package for us to resend it back with a check instead.

Timeline
3 hours ago, XinTing said:

There is a separate form that you place on top, but be  aware/careful with this one, because the way USCIS inputs your credit card number and info, flags it as fraud from your credit card company, at least it did with my Capital One ( I called Capital One to ask about this and they said USCIS tried to run the card without any of the security codes or anything.), and they will not rerun the card; this delayed us over one month, because we were waiting for them to return our package for us to resend it back with a check instead.

To me,  a check is better ... also easier to print out for record keeping 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Latvia
Timeline

Update on my case!

congrats on those who got green card already!

i just checked USCIS website under documents section and there it was! 
Employment Authorization approval!
The date of approval is 12.21.23. Perfect Christmas gift. 
Now just left is Green card 🥰

Submitted my application on 10.05.23,

biometrics on 11.01.23. 
IMG_1004.thumb.jpeg.8055266cae77f8eaf4c0d9bd227dcbc6.jpeg

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Ieva&Brian said:

Update on my case!

congrats on those who got green card already!

i just checked USCIS website under documents section and there it was! 
Employment Authorization approval!
The date of approval is 12.21.23. Perfect Christmas gift. 
Now just left is Green card 🥰

Submitted my application on 10.05.23,

biometrics on 11.01.23. 
IMG_1004.thumb.jpeg.8055266cae77f8eaf4c0d9bd227dcbc6.jpeg

Just a question? Did you send all the paperwork together and at the same time to USCIS. This approval says Stand Alone. My wife's cases show concurrent filing.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Latvia
Timeline

Yes, I sent everything together. On website it still says they are reviewing but the notice still says I am approved for employment. For green card there are no additional documents. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ieva&Brian said:

Yes, I sent everything together. On website it still says they are reviewing but the notice still says I am approved for employment. For green card there are no additional documents. 

Thank you, I think I figured it out. They approved the EAD but because they are still working on the AOS they use the term Stand Alone approval fir the EAD so as to not make a hust Approved statement which could make it appear all wass approved.

Timeline

Sure hope that USPS wasn't infected with the USCIS bug.

Package (with GC) picked up on the 21st. Expected delivery on the 23rd.
Took a while to get to regional center (longer than would have been normal).
Spent all day with it saying it would be delivered today ....

Then, a recent change to delivery date unknown.

Guess should not have paid for the FMM counting on it being here since USPS said it would be.
For rest of you, hope you also don't make $250+ mistakes on the USPS service (ooph)

usps.jpg

Edited by mw & rg k1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.