Ana.M

Upcoming interview IR5 Almaty

71 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
On 11/28/2023 at 12:31 AM, October 2022 said:

Could someone please give me an idea how long it takes from DQ to the interview? According to the NVC email, my mother's case was sent to Almaty about a month ago. When can I expect to hear from them? The interview was not scheduled by the NVC, because Almaty agreed to accept the case as an expedite. I figured not much would happen until after the holidays...

Thank you!

About week or two it was ready and then if there date available you can schedule it even next week. Check visa status at ceac.gov, if you see status "ready" go to ustravels and choose the date.

On 11/28/2023 at 11:37 AM, October 2022 said:

Also, did you translate the vaccination records for the medical exam? I didn't see anything about this on the clinic website but want to double check just in case... Silly, I know :)

No. they all speak Russian in KZ

Timeline
On 11/21/2023 at 5:28 AM, azzz said:

Hello All,

Today, my family & I attended the interview in Almaty. The medical exam done in IOM Moscow was accepted without any issues. It was fully electronic, with only one visit to IOM for the examination. As for the (notarized) copies - as planned, I have no copies with me, but the printed e-mail with the Consulate's approval to my request to undergo medical in Moscow and bring the originals only since the certified translated copies were sent to the NVC earlier.

That print was reviewed at the first step (by the receptionist welcoming the visitors) with no objections or questions in the later stages. The lady in the window just requested the originals one by one for each family member and stamped the copies I sent earlier to the NVC.

Everything went smoothly and was very friendly, but I was put into administrative processing, which is, unfortunately, common for my visa type and often takes many months to a year.

How is going? Is it still under administrative processing? It was the same with my moms case but it changed day later.

46 minutes ago, Ana.M said:

How is going? Is it still under administrative processing? It was the same with my moms case but it changed day later.

Of course, EB visas is very different comparing to CR/IR.

Administrative processing is different from such CEAC status. My status is "Refused" with a long text block below, which will remain until its completion, with "Administrative processing" -> "Approved" statuses if successful or "Refused" with a shorter text block if not.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Russia
Timeline

Thank you, everybody! Yes, I'm trying to get in touch with the Consulate. After trying different addresses, I went to the Navigator and ended up sending an email to kzusa@state.gov for transfers in. Haven't heard anytning yet... I guess I will try to call them after all. From what I understand, I need a letter from the Consulate to schedule an appointment, but at this time I don't have anything.

Timeline

Update: the Consulate responded with an email with instructions to schedule an appointment. So now I need to figure out the medical part. Ugh. I'm so jealous of those who are done! :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
1 hour ago, October 2022 said:

the Consulate responded with an email with instructions to schedule an appointment. So now I need to figure out the medical part.

Any progress is GOOD progress.  Eat the elephant a bite at a time, and before you know it...   :) 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
11 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

Any progress is GOOD progress.  Eat the elephant a bite at a time, and before you know it...   :) 

I know, right? Keep telling myself that. One step at a time.

Timeline
On 11/30/2023 at 12:44 PM, azzz said:

Of course, EB visas is very different comparing to CR/IR.

Administrative processing is different from such CEAC status. My status is "Refused" with a long text block below, which will remain until its completion, with "Administrative processing" -> "Approved" statuses if successful or "Refused" with a shorter text block if not.

Sorry to hear that. Hope it will be sooner than later. Good luck.

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 11/2/2023 at 7:33 PM, Ana.M said:

We didn’t notarize translations and they didn’t ask for them at all

Hi @Ana.M I have been asking people around - did they NOT require translations to English during the interview? That is what it says on the website, but I want to make sure I ask actual people. Thanks!

Timeline
5 minutes ago, ML12 said:

Hi @Ana.M I have been asking people around - did they NOT require translations to English during the interview? That is what it says on the website, but I want to make sure I ask actual people. Thanks!

Hey @Yulia17 I wanted to ask you the same question about your IR-5 interview as I did Ana above.

Thanks!

Edited by ML12

Timeline
4 hours ago, ML12 said:

No they didn’t ask my mom a single transaction during interview. All they wanted was my BC original. But I uploaded translations with her other paperwork on nvc. ( criminal records, birth cert, marriage/ divorce certificates). We didn’t notarize anything for interview.

Timeline

Ana M., has you mother made it to Anchorage? 🙂

My mother is heading to Moscow for the medical exam. We decided it would be easier, and Almaty okayed it. Her interview is scheduled for Feb 8. 

Timeline
33 minutes ago, October 2022 said:

Ana M., has you mother made it to Anchorage? 🙂

My mother is heading to Moscow for the medical exam. We decided it would be easier, and Almaty okayed it. Her interview is scheduled for Feb 8. 

Fairbanks:) yes! Flew right from Almaty as soon as she got her passport back. No issues on the border , everyone was friendly and helpful, Seattle. Don’t forget to pay fee before she enters.My mom had hers in Almaty but they definitely accept Moscow medical exam. We have friends in Almaty so it wasn’t a big deal :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
37 minutes ago, Ana.M said:

Fairbanks

Where Friday's forecast "high" temperature is -36 F.  🥶

Even the polar bears are wearing their overjackets.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline
14 hours ago, Ana.M said:

Fairbanks:) yes! Flew right from Almaty as soon as she got her passport back. No issues on the border , everyone was friendly and helpful, Seattle. Don’t forget to pay fee before she enters.My mom had hers in Almaty but they definitely accept Moscow medical exam. We have friends in Almaty so it wasn’t a big deal :)

Awesome! Congratulations 😃 

14 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

Where Friday's forecast "high" temperature is -36 F.  🥶

Even the polar bears are wearing their overjackets.

My aunts in Yakutsk would say it's like summer for them! 🤪

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.