allousa

Yo! Happy Wednesday!!!!

162 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
:( my son freaked out when I left him at school... I heard him crying and screaming while I had to walk away... then I got into my work... Late.. and my boss said if I am having so many family issues maybe I should take a week off.... :( but I cant cause i have to support 4 people.. plus.. staying at home for a week.. would be pure H*LL :(

the doctor is up my A$$ today....

I wish I could run away

i feel like throwing up

(F)

Maybe take a week off and go to family counseling? It can't hurt right? Does the iman do that?

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Honestly, doodle, from what I know about Dee's husband, I don't think he's the type who would accept any type of counseling. Many MENA ppl associate counseling/psychology with "craziness" or mental instability. Him going to a counselor would be the same as him admitting he's nuts and has a problem. In his mind he probably doesn't think there is a problem. Not with him anyways. My ex was like that.

Timeline

Unfortunately I think you are right. Maybe some just don't adapt at all when they get here. :cry:

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

I meant to edit...when I said it was the same as admitting he's nuts I didn't mean he IS nuts. I hope it wasn't taken that way. (F)

I read it the way you meant it :lol:

In Dee's situation, she can seek some counseling without him. I think they coul dboth benefot, but like Moody says, some men won't do it. Dee , you need to find some tools for coping with this that help you ... Maybe the Imam woul dbe a good choice since he will most likely be familiar with issues of immigration? Going alone might be a good idea, it won't resovle the issues that are making dee "crazy" but might give her some new strategies for handling them.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: Other Timeline

I think Dee is pretty smart. If she thinks it's time to throw in the towel, she's probably thought of all the other choices ahead of that. The worst thing I ever did was NOT listen to my gut at a time like Dee is describing.

I also think there is a lot of excusing these guys' behavior going around here. They are adults. They need to buck up or sut up and get out.

He came on K3. He can go home for a month and reassess his willingness to be an adult in this marriage.

Edited by peezey

How can one claim God cares to judge a fornicator over judging a lying, conniving bully? I guess you would if you are the lying, conniving bully.

the long lost pillar: belief in angels

she may be fat but she's not 50

found by the crass patrol

"poisoned by a jew" sounds like a Borat song

If you bring up the truth, you're a PSYCHOPATH, life lesson #442.

Do you really think an imam is going to be impartial so that Dee gets fair counseling? In my experience, an imam who is impartial enough to see the woman's side and agree with her is extraordinarily rare.

Edited by peezey

How can one claim God cares to judge a fornicator over judging a lying, conniving bully? I guess you would if you are the lying, conniving bully.

Timeline

I mentioned the imam because I know her husband is very religious but I agree 100% with peezey here. (omg did i just say that?????)

Certain things can be excused due to culture, etc. but bottom line these men are adults and should act accordingly.

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Timeline

Yep :thumbs: Some things are inexcusable no matter what.

I mentioned the imam because I know her husband is very religious but I agree 100% with peezey here. (omg did i just say that?????)

Certain things can be excused due to culture, etc. but bottom line these men are adults and should act accordingly.

I wasn't being snarky, I'm seriously asking. Imams don't get real counseling training, most are immigrants, most are not going to see the woman's stress in all this. I'm just trying to talk in realities here, there is clearly an emergency situation in Dee's household and she needs support and ideas she can actually follow through on that will help her clear her head and make some decisions either way.

Dee, is there a single mother's support group you know of? I think this is extra hard for single mothers. You already have people relying on you, then this grown man comes here and demands attention and energy you just don't have. Plus, you expected he'd be HELPING you, not draining you.

Edited by peezey

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Although we are not married, i have to say also Peezy good post , from what i was picking up on some of this, there is/was to much pampering some (not necessarily this case) these are grown men, and it does seem to be happening alot lately.

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I don't know everyone's SO status...

But I'm wondering if the some of the people that excuse the behavior don't have their SO here yet. Don't care what region/religion/race....NEVER let someone walk all over you!

It's great to work towards a happy medium, but don't give up yourself.

Looking for single mom support groups are a great idea. Being one right now myself, since Hicham is stuck in Morocco, the support system I have to help me with our little boy is life-saving! Most big cities have some sort of group and they have access to SOOOOO many resources.

MoFlair.jpgbadsign.jpgfaris.jpgpassport.jpg

I think Dee is pretty smart. If she thinks it's time to throw in the towel, she's probably thought of all the other choices ahead of that. The worst thing I ever did was NOT listen to my gut at a time like Dee is describing.

I also think there is a lot of excusing these guys' behavior going around here. They are adults. They need to buck up or sut up and get out.

He came on K3. He can go home for a month and reassess his willingness to be an adult in this marriage.

Excellent post :thumbs: Sometimes people just need a swift kick in the #######.

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Do you really think an imam is going to be impartial so that Dee gets fair counseling? In my experience, an imam who is impartial enough to see the woman's side and agree with her is extraordinarily rare.

I thought this same thing after I hit the post button. My experience is that many imams come with certain ideas of women, of marriage that is not necessaily goingto help her situation. I think it depends on the imam, what country he comes from, which school of jurisprudence he favors, so many other things. I've only met one in my life I would trust to confide in.

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Just thought I would let you all know that we are SSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLL waiting for Rome to "log in" Hicham's file! AAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

They haven't updated their case list yet either so we don't know if they have it logged in yet. :(

MoFlair.jpgbadsign.jpgfaris.jpgpassport.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.