TXMan322

We made it, Visa Delivery Soon....now about adding K-2??

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So finally we have the "ISSUED" we've been waiting for for 20 months!  It's been a very long and stressful process....but here we are!

My fiance has 2 children and we intend for them to join us in the USA next year in July after the eldest graduates high school.  She is 16 now and her younger brother is 12.

Both of these children were listed and included in my original I-129F application, and in fact they have their own case numbers listed along with my fiance's number on CEAC.  My fiance says "ISSUED" and the children say "READY".

My question is, can we use my fiance's ustraveldocs account to apply for these k-2 visas in the future, or does each child have to create their own ustraveldocs account.  The youngest doesnt even have an email address but I suppose that's an easy fix.

The intention is to have them both do the medical next year in April or May, and have the interviews shortly thereafter.  Also, do they both need in person interviews, or only the daughter since she is over the age of 14?

Any clarification on the overall process would be greatly appreciated!

8 hours ago, TXMan322 said:

My fiance has 2 children and we intend for them to join us in the USA next year in July after the eldest graduates high school.

Reminder that there's a 1-year deadline from K1 visa issuance date to complete the K2 visa process.  Your wife-to-be might get lucky to have have AP or GC issued in time to return to the Philippines to accompany her children, if necessary.  But I recommend you both prepare for the possibility that she won't have either AP or GC to be able to travel freely out of the US within 1 year.

In any case, each child needs their own DS-160 and separate MRV fee payments.  All K2 applicants (even kids below 14 yo) need to attend the embassy interview, mainly for biometrics collection.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Chancy said:

Reminder that there's a 1-year deadline from K1 visa issuance date to complete the K2 visa process.  Your wife-to-be might get lucky to have have AP or GC issued in time to return to the Philippines to accompany her children, if necessary.  But I recommend you both prepare for the possibility that she won't have either AP or GC to be able to travel freely out of the US within 1 year.

In any case, each child needs their own DS-160 and separate MRV fee payments.  All K2 applicants (even kids below 14 yo) need to attend the embassy interview, mainly for biometrics collection.

HI Chancy and thanks for chiming in.  Yes we know everything you mentioned.  We know it will be tight to get the GC before next July.  In any case they can either travel alone or most likely I as their stepfather will accompany them with a notarized letter of consent from their mother and the proper travel clearance from DSWD.

My question specifically was concerning the USTRAVELDOCS website and whether we use my fiancé's current account to add or process the two k-2 visas for the children, or do they have to each have their own ustraveldocs account?  From the homepage, you can select "New Application" and there is the ability to select K-2 visa.

Anyone been in a similar situation?  

Timeline
1 hour ago, nelmagriffin said:

Hello!

please read the following post. reference: 

Hello and thank you for your input!  Unfortunately, that post is almost 10 years old.  While the information there (which is contradictory at times) might still be valid, I was hoping for more recent information/experience.

Timeline
1 hour ago, IWander said:

Each applicant should have there own account 

Thank you for your response.  I was assuming they'd need their own account, but just looking for a definitive answer.   May I ask, is your information coming from personal experience bringing a K-1 to the USA?  If not, can you point me to the page where you got that information?

Edited by TXMan322

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Chancy said:

@BOKURAGAITA went through the K2 FTJ process for her children last year.  Maybe she can advise you --

Okay great...thanks for that!

1 hour ago, TXMan322 said:

Thank you for your response.  I was assuming they'd need their own account, but just looking for a definitive answer.   May I ask, is your information coming from personal experience bringing a K-1 to the USA?  If not, can you point me to the page where you got that information?

My personal experience includes two K1s, one K2 and more than 17 years on this site.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.