2024 I551

October 2023 I 130 Filers

57 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Cookie88 said:

I think London is 3-5 months on average from DQ date. I haven't really been following that stage as crazily as I have for I-130's, lol. 

Yes, that address will show you where it is. BUT, they're mostly transferred to different service centers. To find out where it is right now, you need to ask a live agent when chatting to Emma. I specifically asked them which service center each application was at. I actually asked twice a few weeks apart to confirm that one of the kids was truly at a different service center 😅

Ooh I thought they would tell you if they transferred 🤔 interesting...I might ask Emma then and see where they are all now 😉 thanks 👍 

51 minutes ago, WoodlandsFamily said:

Ooh I thought they would tell you if they transferred 🤔 interesting...I might ask Emma then and see where they are all now 😉 thanks 👍 

They do not ... but I have a hunch unless the status goes into 'actively reviewing' 24 hours before the approval notice, any other time they update the status to 'actively reviewing' it means your case was transferred to another service center. I think that status update is just a universal language every type of case 'touch' triggers.

Edited by Cookie88

54 minutes ago, Cookie88 said:

They do not ... but I have a hunch unless the status goes into 'actively reviewing' 24 hours before the approval notice, any other time they update the status to 'actively reviewing' it means your case was transferred to another service center. I think that status update is just a universal language every type of case 'touch' triggers.

Aah mine was actively reviewed about a month in to waiting so perhaps they are moved. I might see if I can find out. Thanks 

3 hours ago, natalie mulimbi said:

@lmkvisa HI! Just wanted to hop on and say that my husband and I filed an 1-130 on October 16, 2023. He is Canadian. We haven't heard any new but hoping for approval before the end of the year. Good luck to you. 

Hi! Thank you 😊 and best of luck to you too. It's so much more stressful than I imagined it would be and I can't get over how long it takes either and the complexities of it all 😂

7 hours ago, WoodlandsFamily said:

Hi! Thank you 😊 and best of luck to you too. It's so much more stressful than I imagined it would be and I can't get over how long it takes either and the complexities of it all 😂

I think me and my husband are both looking forward to never being in this process again (fingers crossed!). It's also so difficult explaining to friends and family that we really have no idea when it could be approved and therefore when we'll be moving; one of the biggest life decisions we could make and it's all in the hands of the USCIS! We're with VSC, so it looks as though we could hear something soon, but then it's onto the NVC and then the embassy interview. Does anybody have any idea how long that process (organising interview, medical etc.) usually takes?

2 hours ago, lmkvisa said:

I think me and my husband are both looking forward to never being in this process again (fingers crossed!). It's also so difficult explaining to friends and family that we really have no idea when it could be approved and therefore when we'll be moving; one of the biggest life decisions we could make and it's all in the hands of the USCIS! We're with VSC, so it looks as though we could hear something soon, but then it's onto the NVC and then the embassy interview. Does anybody have any idea how long that process (organising interview, medical etc.) usually takes?

Yes I think we all feel the same way 😂

I am not sure, from what I've read I think NVC is 1 to 3 months and then depends on the Embassy queue and your country. But I imagine those who have gone through it can enlighten us more x

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Still waiting... Filed in Oct'23 and it still says "actively reviewing". It's been saying that forever! I've filed two cases and according to the the first letters in the receipt #, one is in Texas and the other in Nebraska. Both have been SLOW!

3 hours ago, Karim2018 said:

Still waiting... Filed in Oct'23 and it still says "actively reviewing". It's been saying that forever! I've filed two cases and according to the the first letters in the receipt #, one is in Texas and the other in Nebraska. Both have been SLOW!

Yes me too, actively reviewing for about 9 months! Can't believe it takes so long..😒

On 8/7/2024 at 10:21 PM, natalie mulimbi said:

Best of luck to all of you!!  I have seen so many people on Reddit saying that they got approved after 11 months. I'm really hoping that is still the case. I cannot believe it's been 9 months and I've heard nothing! The lack of stability is awful haha 

Thank you 😊 wow 11 months would be amazing 👏 fingers crossed for us all. It's all consuming isn't it? Try my best to ignore it but I can't 😂😂

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.