Jake77

Sending my passport through LBC

4 posts in this topic

I know that there're only selected LBC branches that can deliver my passport.

My questions are:

1. To where / what address do I write? Is it this address?

IMG_20231004_1258172.thumb.jpg.685d4c08c989fb012e166b514d15363e.jpg

(Note: Embassy's address on their website is almost exactly the same - except it's 1000 and not 0930. Don't know what those numbers mean.)

2. Do I only have to put my passport, 221g, etc ... in an envelope? (Brown, short).

3. Does anyone know how long it'll take for them to get back to me after receiving my passport? Guestimate is fine.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

@Jake77Hello Jake. Not sure what your situation is but if your question is regarding your K1 visa and passport then when you schedule your embassy interview you will be given the opportunity to also pick up your passport/visa from the embassy or have it delivered to an LBC office. If delivery then simply select the closest location as the website takes you through the process. This is how it works for the Philippine Embassy. Other embassies may do it differently.

18 minutes ago, Shane-Debby said:

@Jake77Hello Jake. Not sure what your situation is but if your question is regarding your K1 visa and passport then when you schedule your embassy interview you will be given the opportunity to also pick up your passport/visa from the embassy or have it delivered to an LBC office. If delivery then simply select the closest location as the website takes you through the process. This is how it works for the Philippine Embassy. Other embassies may do it differently.

Hi, my category is IR2 and I have already gone to the interview before.

At the interview, I received a 221g requesting a DNA test be done to confirm paternity because my birth cert. doesn't have my petitioner's name - we did that and now the Embassy has the result.

Now, they've sent me a letter (another 221g) telling me to send my passport through LBC. (Perhaps no more 2nd interview, so I can't bring my passport to the Embassy anymore.)

DNA was positive, so I'm guessing they want my passport for stamping.

8 hours ago, Jake77 said:

I know that there're only selected LBC branches that can deliver my passport.

My questions are:

1. To where / what address do I write? Is it this address?

IMG_20231004_1258172.thumb.jpg.685d4c08c989fb012e166b514d15363e.jpg

(Note: Embassy's address on their website is almost exactly the same - except it's 1000 and not 0930. Don't know what those numbers mean.)

2. Do I only have to put my passport, 221g, etc ... in an envelope? (Brown, short).

3. Does anyone know how long it'll take for them to get back to me after receiving my passport? Guestimate is fine.

1.  Yes

2.  Yes

3.  Typically within a couple of weeks depending on work load 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.