Imua

Calling all Nepal K-1/K-3/AOS filers

99 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I havent been on here for awhile and thought I would say hi. THings are going great so far! We got married in Vegas (sans Elvis) in August. It was a short but sweet wedding. My family adores him too! We took an amazing cross country road trip to our new home in Seattle. The most exciting new is that we are expecting!! It's a bit of a surprise but a great surprise! We are doing the AOS thing now. I hope we get the EAD soon as we need to save money for our growing family. Any ideas for good Nepali baby names? I couldn't have done it without the support of Visa Journey and my fellow Nepal members.

Thanks

Natalia

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nepal
Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS MADHU & NATALIA !!! Wow, that is so exciting! I bet he/she will be the cutest baby EVER! :star:

I am partial to the name Surja myself. :P

Glad to hear things are going well for you, and best wishes as you go through the pregnancy...

Maya

Many thanks to the Visajourney community for all the help!

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: Nepal
Timeline
CONGRATULATIONS MADHU & NATALIA !!! Wow, that is so exciting! I bet he/she will be the cutest baby EVER! :star:

I am partial to the name Surja myself. :P

Glad to hear things are going well for you, and best wishes as you go through the pregnancy...

Maya

Hi all,

I am PR & had filed I 130 for my wife and now here case is completed at NVC and I have been told there is no visa # available right now. The case was completed in end of Sept.'08. Does anybody from Nepal waiting 4 interview date? I am wondering how long more need to wait for the interview date.

And in the interview is it compulsory to have wedding pictures.

I will appreciate for any help.

Thanks

• 3 months later...
Timeline

Namaste mero satthi-haru!

I thought I would revive the Chautara in honor of another approval from Nepal...

Congrats to xochitl (Angie and Deepak) on a successful interview, and wishing Deepak a safe journey to the US and a smooth POE experience!

(F)

Maya

Timeline
Namaste mero satthi-haru!

I thought I would revive the Chautara in honor of another approval from Nepal...

Congrats to xochitl (Angie and Deepak) on a successful interview, and wishing Deepak a safe journey to the US and a smooth POE experience!

(F)

Maya

Yay! that is wonderful! I have a question. The baby is almost here (March 21st) and my husband's mother really wants to come over and help with the baby. However, we are still in the AOS phase of things and I am not sure if we can get her here. Is a visitor visa realistic for an older woman without property who doesn't speak a lick of English. Can we sponsor her? Madhu isn't a citizen yet and I don't know if I am considered family by the USCIS.

Thanks again!

Natalia

PS Its a boy! I am leaning towards calling Milan. :yes:

Timeline

I think her best shot (perhaps her only shot) would be a tourist visa.

I don't think you can sponsor her, and I think Madhu won't be able to until he is a citizen. But I would ask your question on the forum about Bringing Family Members to America (or even in Off Topic). South Asia just doesn't get much traffic, and it's not a region-specific question, at least not at the outset...

And you could also ask what other forms of proof she might be able to show the Consulate that indicate she is likely to return to Nepal after her visit to the US... I believe their primary concern will be that she is not intending to use a tourist visa to immigrate. A letter from you and Madhu may be helpful, from what I've read.

And with the baby due in 2 months, I'd hustle... I don't know how long it takes to get a tourist visa, but as you probably know, very few things in Nepal move quickly...

Good luck, and let us know how it goes!

Maya

Timeline
I think her best shot (perhaps her only shot) would be a tourist visa.

I don't think you can sponsor her, and I think Madhu won't be able to until he is a citizen. But I would ask your question on the forum about Bringing Family Members to America (or even in Off Topic). South Asia just doesn't get much traffic, and it's not a region-specific question, at least not at the outset...

And you could also ask what other forms of proof she might be able to show the Consulate that indicate she is likely to return to Nepal after her visit to the US... I believe their primary concern will be that she is not intending to use a tourist visa to immigrate. A letter from you and Madhu may be helpful, from what I've read.

And with the baby due in 2 months, I'd hustle... I don't know how long it takes to get a tourist visa, but as you probably know, very few things in Nepal move quickly...

Good luck, and let us know how it goes!

Maya

Thanks Maya! You are the best!

Natalia

• 1 year later...
Timeline

This is a great thread but it seems to have gotten buried! Is anybody still around? I am A and my fiance is G from Nepal. We are doing the K-1 thing right now and things are progressing...slowly! I'd love to meet people in a similar situation.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Things are mighty quiet at the chautara! Just thought I'd post, bump it up, and ask if anyone has heard any recent info about dual citizenship. The Nepali govt rumbles about it every now and then, but so far I think it is not allowed. So if a Nepali becomes a USC, what rights does he/she lose? I'm thinking right to vote, right to own property, but I don't know what else. Is the Nepali passport no longer valid?

Pheri betaunla mero satthiharu!

Maya

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.