w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Embracing Illegals

379 posts in this topic

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no i boycott them. if i go into a resturant & its obvious there are illegals working there. i walk..after i voice my displeasure to the management believe it.

And how exactly do you determine if they are in fact illegals? Do you ask them for their green card?

Or just by the color of their skin?

ahem

vj_sig-2-2_2.jpg

Filed: Timeline
Everyone you know boycotts business who employ illegal immigrants? Name some. Do you eat at restaurants?
so every restaurant has an illegal? :unsure:
No but many of them do, or use food that was grown with the help of illegal aliens.
Three quarters or better of agriculture workers are legally employed. The percentages are larger in the restaurant business. I'd like for the pro-illegal crowd to point me to the section in the grocery where I, the consumer, can benefit from the low wages that some growers pay to their illegal staff. Or to the restaurant that charges lower prices because of the lower wages they pay to their illegal staff. I keep looking but I cannot find it. Seeing that my tax dollar affords those illegals many government services, I'd like to have my break on the consumer end. But I pay prices that legitimate businesses charge whether the particular product I happen to purchase was produced by a lawful employee or an illegal. The only one benefiting is the enabler that employs the illegal. And my tax dollars are lining that enablers pockets. I'd rather not do that anymore.
Farmers markets?
Farmers markets? So, all farmers employ illegals? The numbers - even those from the Pew Hispanic Center - tell a different story. And again, comparing various farmers markets, their prices seem to be pretty much in line with one another. Plus, they sell tons of produce that is not grown in the US. Or they make the effort to put stickers on that produce to cover their tracks. :ph34r: .
Didn't say that. If you want a place to buy food thats not as likely to employ illegal immigrants, well there you go.

So, you're telling me that Farmer's Markets are less likely to sell illegally produced produce?

Everyone you know boycotts business who employ illegal immigrants? Name some. Do you eat at restaurants?
No but many of them do, or use food that was grown with the help of illegal aliens.
Three quarters or better of agriculture workers are legally employed. The percentages are larger in the restaurant business. I'd like for the pro-illegal crowd to point me to the section in the grocery where I, the consumer, can benefit from the low wages that some growers pay to their illegal staff. Or to the restaurant that charges lower prices because of the lower wages they pay to their illegal staff. I keep looking but I cannot find it. Seeing that my tax dollar affords those illegals many government services, I'd like to have my break on the consumer end. But I pay prices that legitimate businesses charge whether the particular product I happen to purchase was produced by a lawful employee or an illegal. The only one benefiting is the enabler that employs the illegal. And my tax dollars are lining that enablers pockets. I'd rather not do that anymore.
Farmers markets?
Farmers markets? So, all farmers employ illegals? The numbers - even those from the Pew Hispanic Center - tell a different story. And again, comparing various farmers markets, their prices seem to be pretty much in line with one another. Plus, they sell tons of produce that is not grown in the US. Or they make the effort to put stickers on that produce to cover their tracks. :ph34r: .
Didn't say that. If you want a place to buy food thats not as likely to employ illegal immigrants, well there you go.

So, you're telling me that Farmer's Markets are less likely to sell illegally produced produce?

Not necessarily, but many farmers market operations are small and mostly family run. You can probably find someone who grows food and doesn't employ illegal aliens to do so. If you ask a supermarket, you will probably hear we don't care.

Its a free market, if you think there needs to be a supermarket that sells food not produced by illegal immigrants, you can go ahead and do so. I personally don't think enough people would care enough to go out of their way to shop there. Even if it does supports their rhetoric

keTiiDCjGVo

Farmers markets?
Not necessarily, but many farmers market operations are small and mostly family run. You can probably find someone who grows food and doesn't employ illegal aliens to do so. If you ask a supermarket, you will probably hear we don't care.

Interesting, then, that Farmer's Markets - especially the small family run types - typically sell their produce at lower prices than grocery stores. I'd like to thank you for supporting my argument that rather than everyone benefiting from illegal labor, actually a few profit while the many suffer. :D

Edited by Mr. Big Dog

no i boycott them. if i go into a resturant & its obvious there are illegals working there. i walk..after i voice my displeasure to the management believe it.

And how exactly do you determine if they are in fact illegals? Do you ask them for their green card?

ahem

sorry had to take the dog outside. oh hell no, don't even try to label me as a racist. my SO is a filipina & my deceased 1st wife was costa rican. funny how people like to throw the race card when this topic comes up......and you're not going to tell me when an entire resturant staff, construction crew or what ever can't...not prefer not to..speak any english you don't think there are some illeagals employed there.

Farmers markets?

Interesting, then, that Farmer's Markets - especially the small family run types - typically sell their produce at lower prices than grocery stores. I'd like to thank you for supporting my argument that rather than everyone benefiting from illegal labor, actually a few profit while the many suffer. :D

If you don't like business using illegal immigrants for labor, you can vote with your wallet or start a business to serve the niche market. Though your choices are rather limited in that reguard. But it is your choice to make.

But most people, even if they are against illegal aliens don't care enough to do that. And many will probably complain if they have to pay higher prices for the goods they buy. But that is their choice.

keTiiDCjGVo

ahem

sorry had to take the dog outside. oh hell no, don't even try to label me as a racist. my SO is a filipina & my deceased 1st wife was costa rican. funny how people like to throw the race card when this topic comes up......and you're not going to tell me when an entire resturant staff, construction crew or what ever can't...not prefer not to..speak any english you don't think there are some illeagals employed there.

Just because someone doesn't know to speak english doesn't mean they're not a citizen...

For over half my life I was an Indian Citizen.. Do I know how to speak hindi? no.

So, let me just ask you then.. when you walk into a restaurant and "it's obvious that there are illegals working there", how exactly did you come to that decision?

seriously, i'm curious.

By the way, I'm now a Canadian citizen and have been so for over 10 years.. but you wouldn't know it by listening to me speak french or looking at me..

vj_sig-2-2_2.jpg

cuz I may know how to say pomme or garcon, but can't string a sentence together to save my canadian citizen @ss

ps, french is an official language here

vj_sig-2-2_2.jpg

If you don't like business using illegal immigrants for labor, you can vote with your wallet or start a business to serve the niche market. Though your choices are rather limited in that regard. But it is your choice to make.

But most people, even if they are against illegal aliens don't care enough to do that. And many will probably complain if they have to pay higher prices for the goods they buy. But that is their choice.

And there you are right back with this "higher prices" #######. It's a myth. It's nonsense. It's the propaganda that the profiteers of illegal labor want to feed this nation. And you're fcuking buying it. Wake up already.