w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Embracing Illegals

379 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Why should ANYONE be considered illegal?

Because they snuck accross the border instead of doing it the legal way.

Gary - surely you mean "because they snuck across the border instead of staying in

their home countries."

There is no "legal" way for floor sweepers and veg pickers to come here - or visa

categories for these people - they are just not needed here.

I'm tired of people saying "oooh those bastards - doing it illegally instead of following due

process". Please understand that there is no due process for them. No visa category

and no way to come here except sneaking across the border.

"We welcome legal immigrants" is essentially the same as "we don't want any more

immigrants", because it's virtually impossible to immigrate to the U.S. legally without

a family connection.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
i wasn't trying to call you a racist.. I just didn't understand how you could determine someone's status without all the facts

that's all.

thats what was insinuated, & when i answered your question repeatedly of how i reach that conclusion. a whole crew of bashers came out today attacking post from last night while i was at work. well i'm not at work now.......

a whole array of people came out and attacked your reasoning because they didn't think that it was a very valid point, you admittedly said that you could just tell by looking at the kitchen staff and observing them for a while.....

you're assuming status without any valid or real evidence..

Edited by liz_legend 'n Ol
vj_sig-2-2_2.jpg

the reason a whole array of people came out and attacked your reason is because they didn't think that it was a very valid reason... reason mainly being because you're assuming status without any valid or real evidence..

yes i am assuming things most do when they form an opinion. why is that a green light to go after someone for an opinion? where was this tone earlier? it was all attack attack attack this afternoon.

to your edit: yes i feel there is a very good chance that there are illegal workers in a place of business when noone speaks...not prefer not to speak but can't speak english. whats wrong w/ that?

Edited by smoke20

the reason people are having a problem with your deductive reasoning is because you are judging a book by its cover without getting to know any of the actual facts surrounding that individual.

vj_sig-2-2_2.jpg

the reason people are having a problem with your deductive reasoning is because you are judging a book by its cover without getting to know any of the actual facts surrounding that individual.

and who is going to go "ask for greencards" at the resturant..noone. do you ever form an opinion on a subject based on your personal knowlegde combined w/ assumption based on what you know to be the norm? thats what i do in this case & i don't see anything wrong w/ me not doing business anywhere based on my personal opinions.

to your edit: yes i feel there is a very good chance that there are illegal workers in a place of business when noone speaks...not prefer not to speak but can't speak english. whats wrong w/ that?

But again, how do you know if they can or can't speak english... you don't go to the back and actually converse with the kitchen staff, do you.. that's why everyone was getting so mad..

you don't know..

and like Bootylicious said.. her husband who is a legal resident doesn't speak english if he's surrounded by spanish speakers... he's more comfortable with the language too ..

therefore, he can, he just chooses not to speak english.. and you wouldn't know that by just walking by him.

vj_sig-2-2_2.jpg

But again, how do you know if they can or can't speak english... you don't go to the back and actually converse with the kitchen staff, do you.. that's why everyone was getting so mad..

you don't know..

and like Bootylicious said.. her husband who is a legal resident doesn't speak english if he's surrounded by spanish speakers... he's more comfortable with the language too ..

therefore, he can, he just chooses not to speak english.. and you wouldn't know that by just walking by him.

i don't remember saying booty's husband was illegal. but, if he is working in a place of business that noone can the likelyhood of said business employing illeagal workers is very high. and, i choose not to do business in such establishments. like i stated earlier, i truly don't care if someone likes my opinion on any subject. & nothing gives me the right to attack someone because i have a different opinion on a subject nor does it give anyone the right to attack me. if you don't like someones opinion go on don't keep on it over & over, it does nothing but get everyone po'd

Edited by smoke20

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

what if you walked into a store or restaurant and the people working there speaking Chinese?? would you consider them illegal??

i am just curious... not trying to "attack" you... :)

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Why should ANYONE be considered illegal?

Because they snuck across the border instead of doing it the legal way.

Gary - surely you mean "because they snuck across the border instead of staying in

their home countries."

There is no "legal" way for floor sweepers and veg pickers to come here - or visa

categories for these people - they are just not needed here.

I'm tired of people saying "ooh those bastards - doing it illegally instead of following due

process". Please understand that there is no due process for them. No visa category

and no way to come here except sneaking across the border.

"We welcome legal immigrants" is essentially the same as "we don't want any more

immigrants", because it's virtually impossible to immigrate to the U.S. legally without

a family connection.

Your absolutely correct. They are not needed here. That is why they should go home. I don't understand you reasoning here. Because they are not needed they don't have a legal way of getting here. So that somehow makes it OK for them to break the law? We are not the worlds employment agency. We need to take care of our own. Let the other countries take care of theirs.