Vasilios.Tz

HELP WITH N600K GREEK

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Greece
Timeline

Hello i have so many questions about the passports,the visas,and what i have to do before or when i submit online for n600k.Has anyone Greek did this before so he/she can delight me about the steps i have to take?what kind of visa must have my children so they can travel to the u.s. to take the oath?i must go to the embassy in athens?what should i do first,passports?visas?n600k?im so confused.

Edited by Vasilios.Tz

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

@Mike Eis an expert here

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
5 hours ago, Vasilios.Tz said:

what kind of visa must have my children so they can travel to the u.s. to take the oath?i

If they are citizens of Greece, they appky for ESTA. If ESTA is denied, they apply for a B visa 

what should i do first,passports

They need passport of their country of citizenship:

visas

1. File N-600K now.

2. File for their non U.S. passport

3. File for their ESTA or B visa

4. After N-600K interview and oath of citizenship, there is a legal conundrum:

* As U.S. citizens they are not permitted to leave the U.S. without U.S. passports

* As non U.S. residents they are required to apply for U.S. passports as the embassy of the country where they live. 

Either advice from me violates VJ terms and conditions.

Timeline

I will file N600K as a biological us parent  but I do not meet the conditions and it will be done through my mother who was physically present in u.s for ten years and she is u.s citizen.Who sign's the N600K

Timeline
2 hours ago, Vasilios.Tz said:

Who sign's the N600K

from the N-600K instructions:

Who May File Form N-600K?

The following individuals may file this application on behalf of an eligible foreign-born child:

1. U.S. Citizen Parent

A U.S. citizen parent who has legal and physical custody of a biological or adopted child under 18 years of age. The U.S. citizen parent must regularly reside outside the United States and seek naturalization for the child under INA section 322.

OR

If the qualifying U.S. citizen parent has died, this form may be filed within five years of the parent's death by the U.S. citizen grandparent or U.S. citizen legal guardian.

Since you are alive and apparently have custody of your child, you would file. Your qualifying parent does need to attend the interview, in addition to your child and you.

Edited by Mike E

Timeline
22 hours ago, Mike E said:

from the N-600K instructions:

Who May File Form N-600K?

The following individuals may file this application on behalf of an eligible foreign-born child:

1. U.S. Citizen Parent

A U.S. citizen parent who has legal and physical custody of a biological or adopted child under 18 years of age. The U.S. citizen parent must regularly reside outside the United States and seek naturalization for the child under INA section 322.

OR

If the qualifying U.S. citizen parent has died, this form may be filed within five years of the parent's death by the U.S. citizen grandparent or U.S. citizen legal guardian.

Since you are alive and apparently have custody of your child, you would file. Your qualifying parent does need to attend the interview, in addition to your child and you.

Ok thanks a lot you are very helpful,so i file it and I sign it!

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Vasilios.Tz said:

Ok thanks a lot you are very helpful,so i file it and I sign it.you wrote above that my qualifying parent must attempt to the interview but I read somewhere in here that qualifying grandparent doesn't have to be in the interview but he/she is welcomed if he/she wants to attempt.i uploaded a greek instruction that sais that.

Screenshot_20230926_142134_Gallery.jpg

Timeline
31 minutes ago, Vasilios.Tz said:

but I read somewhere in here that qualifying grandparent doesn't have to be in the interview

From the N-600K instructions:

The processing includes: interview of the applicant and qualifying relative (parent or grandparent) or guardian (if applicable),

My suggestion is that you study the instructions.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.