SmPP

Brussels Embassy - Interview time

93 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

Hello everyone, I’ve been DQ yesterday and was wondering if we had updates on more recent DQ dates? It’s so hard to find people from Belgium. I’d love to know if anyone who got DQ in 2024 had the chance of getting an interview date already. 

Have a great day!

Timeline
1 hour ago, xleaass said:

Hello everyone, I’ve been DQ yesterday and was wondering if we had updates on more recent DQ dates? It’s so hard to find people from Belgium. I’d love to know if anyone who got DQ in 2024 had the chance of getting an interview date already. 

Have a great day!

Hi there,

I was DQ’d in February 2024, got an email that my case was being expedited to the embassy mid-March, without me requesting this.

About two weeks later I was scheduled for an interview, the 24th of April.

I seem to have gotten lucky with this, as there’s been people that have waited for 5-6 months for their IL (as you can see in this topic)

I hope you’ll hear something soon! Let us know :)

P.s. I would schedule your medical exam already, just to be sure you’ll have a date if your interview date happens to be shortly after the letter, as seems to be the trend for Brussels - you can have up to two active appointments with them online, and it’s free to cancel if done so at least 24 hours before the appointment.

Timeline
19 hours ago, Benny1337 said:

@homebound_24 How’d the interview go? Hope you got some good news! 

It went well and we are approved! We are waiting one more month to give the Visa because then we will be married two years on May 13. They told us to wait and send the visa after that and then we will get the 10 year one instead.

Timeline
On 4/19/2024 at 4:26 PM, Benny1337 said:

Hi there,

I was DQ’d in February 2024, got an email that my case was being expedited to the embassy mid-March, without me requesting this.

About two weeks later I was scheduled for an interview, the 24th of April.

I seem to have gotten lucky with this, as there’s been people that have waited for 5-6 months for their IL (as you can see in this topic)

I hope you’ll hear something soon! Let us know :)

P.s. I would schedule your medical exam already, just to be sure you’ll have a date if your interview date happens to be shortly after the letter, as seems to be the trend for Brussels - you can have up to two active appointments with them online, and it’s free to cancel if done so at least 24 hours before the appointment.

Hello!

Thank you for your reply and help! I'll definitely keep you guys posted and I'll check on this forum after your interview to see how it went for you :)

I noticed your state is Wisconsin. I'll be living in Minnesota so hey neighbor! Wisconsin is gorgeous. Maybe we'll cross paths someday. I think it's neat to end up not too far away from someone who's from the same country and went through the same hardship!

I hope you and everyone else who's reading have a great day.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi does anyone here do or is doing the K-1 process in the Netherlands as a Filipino beneficiary? I would like to know how long it take. Thanks!
I was thinking of putting the US Embassy here in the Netherlands as my consulate since I will be here in the Netherlands until November 11th, 2024, and then will go back to the Philippines. What is the best thing to do? Please help. We're planning to apply this week.

Edited by HopeRyann07

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You would be breaking all records to be able to interview in Brussels.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
On 4/22/2024 at 4:58 PM, xleaass said:

I'll check on this forum after your interview to see how it went for you :)

I got approved 😁

Everything was pretty straightforward, had to give my civil documents and passport pictures at one of the booths, then was instructed to wait until my number was called to proceed to the interview.

It was a fairly relaxed setting, was asked what my wife’s job is, what my job is, how we met, when we first met in person and when the last time we met in person was.

After this the officer kept my passport and told me to expect an email with shipping information next week.

On 4/22/2024 at 4:58 PM, xleaass said:

Maybe we'll cross paths someday. I think it's neat to end up not too far away from someone who's from the same country and went through the same hardship!

Feel free to reach out, maybe we’ll have a Belgian get-together with some true Belgian fries, and complain about the weather! 😅

Timeline
5 hours ago, Benny1337 said:

I got approved 😁

Everything was pretty straightforward, had to give my civil documents and passport pictures at one of the booths, then was instructed to wait until my number was called to proceed to the interview.

It was a fairly relaxed setting, was asked what my wife’s job is, what my job is, how we met, when we first met in person and when the last time we met in person was.

After this the officer kept my passport and told me to expect an email with shipping information next week.

Feel free to reach out, maybe we’ll have a Belgian get-together with some true Belgian fries, and complain about the weather! 😅

I’m so happy to read that everything went well! Do you have an idea of when you are going to leave Belgium? How exciting. 

I’ll definitely reach out!

Timeline

Little update: Got an email from the embassy and courier today that my passport has been sent.

18 hours ago, xleaass said:

Do you have an idea of when you are going to leave Belgium?

Probably next month 😄

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Benny1337 said:

Little update: Got an email from the embassy and courier today that my passport has been sent.

Probably next month 😄

Congratulations! We are planning to leave end of June for Ohio! 

Timeline
3 hours ago, xleaass said:

Hey guys!! I just got an email that my interview is scheduled for June 21 at 8am!!! I’m so happy it’s only been a week I got DQed !!

That's great news! Congratulations! 😀 It seems like things have really sped up at the embassy!! Our interview is one month before you in May!

Timeline
2 hours ago, Schsoe said:

That's great news! Congratulations! 😀 It seems like things have really sped up at the embassy!! Our interview is one month before you in May!

Thank you!!

I have a question for everyone, at the medical exam, did they keep the four pictures? Because when I went to the photographer he only gave me 4 pictures so do I need to go back and get more pictures done? Also, my pictures are 5cmx5cm but they are not cut. Do I have to cut them?  Thank you! My medical is on June 11th

Timeline
4 minutes ago, xleaass said:

Thank you!!

I have a question for everyone, at the medical exam, did they keep the four pictures? Because when I went to the photographer he only gave me 4 pictures so do I need to go back and get more pictures done? Also, my pictures are 5cmx5cm but they are not cut. Do I have to cut them?  Thank you! My medical is on June 11th

At my medical the doctor took a picture with her phone, as it was purely a digital report that gets uploaded, she told me the passport pictures are only for the paper version.

I do think they have to be cut for the embassy appointment, as they scan just a single passport picture to use on the visa.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.