SmPP

Brussels Embassy - Interview time

93 posts in this topic

Small tip for everyone doing the interview in Brussels, schedule your medical as soon as you get your welcome letter from the embassy. 

Cancel and rebook if necessary. 

I did my medical after the interview 1.5 month ago, just got approved and send my passport. 

I have no clue how long it will still take but this did add 2 months to the already long wait time. 

Better be well prepared with as much information as possible ;) 

BTW congrats to everyone already approved! 

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Luxembourg
Timeline
On 4/19/2024 at 2:58 PM, xleaass said:

Hello everyone, I’ve been DQ yesterday and was wondering if we had updates on more recent DQ dates? It’s so hard to find people from Belgium. I’d love to know if anyone who got DQ in 2024 had the chance of getting an interview date already. 

Have a great day!

Yes, I got DQ in January 2024 and at that time my case was in Madrid. I transferred my case to Brussels on 3rd March 2024. Till date no interview letter. my PD is current and category is EB1A

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Luxembourg
Timeline

I received a DQ in January 2024, and at that time, my case was in Madrid. I transferred my case to Brussels on March 3rd, 2024. To date, I have not received an interview letter. My priority date (PD) is current, and my category is EB1A. Do you have any idea about the wait time at the Brussels embassy? I've heard there is no backlog, but I'm unsure why I haven't received the interview letter.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

To all those who have been through the embassy in Brussels recently for CR 1/IR 1 visa - just want to confirm. We have our interview next Friday. My husband is the Belgian citizen - the US sponsor does NOT need to attend the interview and/or be at the embassy too? Can you go and wait in the waiting room at all? Thank you!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Schsoe said:

To all those who have been through the embassy in Brussels recently for CR 1/IR 1 visa - just want to confirm. We have our interview next Friday. My husband is the Belgian citizen - the US sponsor does NOT need to attend the interview and/or be at the embassy too? Can you go and wait in the waiting room at all? Thank you!

Hey Schsoe - No, you don't need to attend. If they wanted you to come, then they would have already let you know.

Timeline
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Schsoe said:

Can you go and wait in the waiting room at all?

As far as I recall, only the person with the actual interview will be allowed into the embassy.

As a little hint for your husband's own peace of mind: Make sure he double checks all the civil documents and his passport and passport pictures are present, and put them in a folder.

Backpacks aren't allowed to be taken inside, so tell him to pack lightly. :)

Do let us know of the outcome, but it should be a walk in the park!

Edited by Benny1337

Timeline

Hey guys! I have a little problem. I can’t get a Covid booster anywhere near where I live (close to the French border). Can I ask you guys where you got yours? Also I didn’t get an influenza vaccine this year and I can’t find one anywhere either. Will that be a problem? 

Have a great day!

Timeline
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, xleaass said:

Hey guys! I have a little problem. I can’t get a Covid booster anywhere near where I live (close to the French border). Can I ask you guys where you got yours? Also I didn’t get an influenza vaccine this year and I can’t find one anywhere either. Will that be a problem? 

Have a great day!

I'm not too sure about the flu vaccine, as it's currently "out of season", maybe you can try to send an email to the doctor to ask, or perhaps they'll have one in stock to administer to you at the exam.

For the covid booster, I got mine at a pharmacy, so try calling every pharmacy within a wide radius to check if they still administer those boosters.

Your GP might know of locations that still do as well.

If you don't mind driving to Limburg, I can tell you which pharmacy I went to.

Good luck 🙂

Edited by Benny1337

Timeline

Seeing these messages made me realize we have to focus on this. Besides COVID and influenza, what other vaccines are required? I see this list: 

• Mumps;
  • Measles;
  • Rubella;
  • Polio;
  • Tetanus and Diphtheria Toxoids;
  • Pertussis;
  • Haemophilus influenzae type B;
  • Hepatitis B;
  • COVID-19; and
  • Any other vaccine-preventable diseases recommended by the Advisory Committee for Immunization Practices (ACIP).

But what does any other vaccine-preventable disease mean? Rabies is on that list for example. 😕

Timeline
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Schsoe said:

Seeing these messages made me realize we have to focus on this. Besides COVID and influenza, what other vaccines are required? I see this list: 

• Mumps;
  • Measles;
  • Rubella;
  • Polio;
  • Tetanus and Diphtheria Toxoids;
  • Pertussis;
  • Haemophilus influenzae type B;
  • Hepatitis B;
  • COVID-19; and
  • Any other vaccine-preventable diseases recommended by the Advisory Committee for Immunization Practices (ACIP).

But what does any other vaccine-preventable disease mean? Rabies is on that list for example. 😕

I've attached the vaccines I received over the course of my life, including the ones I had to get after my medical exam to be up to date with everything.

You can easily check the vaccines received through the Belgian healthcare website. (https://www.myhealth.belgium.be/)

I hope this helps! :)

image.thumb.png.2258dfa905bf993e9cf637d79f09d900.png

Edited by Benny1337

Timeline
50 minutes ago, Benny1337 said:

I've attached the vaccines I received over the course of my life, including the ones I had to get after my medical exam to be up to date with everything.

You can easily check the vaccines received through the Belgian healthcare website. (https://www.myhealth.belgium.be/)

I hope this helps! :)

image.thumb.png.2258dfa905bf993e9cf637d79f09d900.png

Thank you so much!! The various websites said different things, and we aren't the best at planning... 😆

Timeline

Thank you everyone for your replies :)

I found a place that still had flu vaccines available but I haven't found one for a covid booster. Every places I've called told me that it's "out of season" for covid boosters and that their supplier don't have any anymore. I'm gonna keep calling places :(

Timeline

@xleaass Since you live close to the French border, have you attempted to get a vaccine in France? I've seen some reports they're having a "vaccination wave" ahead of the olympic games.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Benny1337 said:

@xleaass Since you live close to the French border, have you attempted to get a vaccine in France? I've seen some reports they're having a "vaccination wave" ahead of the olympic games.

I'm going to look in France yes, it seems like the only solution right now. Thank you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.