icperez

IR5 interview is OCT a Lawyers says dont- Please help

20 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, icperez said:

I know that all of you help and want the best for this community and we all are apreciate and very thankful for the job that you guys do

I could not reply yesterday looks the forum rules just allow few post per day

Well my problem started after  9/11 all federal office were shut down and interviews were hold for the next year, yes wife find a lover we got a big argument, yes she was cheater on me, do i had a chance to apply that way yes, do i did it? No thinking that everything would be ok again between us , big mistake she just gone to out of state pregnant with a child of his new love, but still did nothing maybe wasting time been mad or depress 

I have a daughter with other woman who passed , i do everything to support her, thank god she finis college and find a job to apply for my papers she did it with love thinking everything could be smooth and because yes not everybody is full of cash and here in nyc is no cheap some people has we dont 

and tgats why i found this forum and tried to collect info as much as possible to help her and she can do like write letters emaios etc if need it, i tried with all my typos and errors due to engkish as you can notice is not my first language and i need keep practicing more

im no trying to be mad or offended nobody if somebody feel that way because the way i explain my case or how i make it little dificult to understand me

im sorry

thanks for the help, from the bottom my heart

Don’t worry, you have enough survival skills to even pass the N-400 citizenship test ..and you will , if you do a good job job with I-485 adjustment and get your green card first .

As parent of a USC , a well prepared packet is likely to be approved without interview. ..if there are no other issues. 

If you are determined to DIY , then get your college degree daughter to read your post , review the steps I laid out and go for it. 

You can hire an attorney after , IF an issue comes up and USCIS raises questions on that marriage. A good attorney can help navigate the responses .

The story line you tell is worrisome because: 

1. your wife got pregnant w another man’s child 

2. your  petitioning USC daughter was born out of a relationship with another woman 

Both 1 and 2 took place during marriage and I-130 filing 

They may not catch it , but if they do you will need to show it was a real marriage, not for papers. 

Filed: IR-5 Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline
On 9/19/2023 at 10:35 AM, Family said:

Don’t worry, you have enough survival skills to even pass the N-400 citizenship test ..and you will , if you do a good job job with I-485 adjustment and get your green card first .

As parent of a USC , a well prepared packet is likely to be approved without interview. ..if there are no other issues. 

If you are determined to DIY , then get your college degree daughter to read your post , review the steps I laid out and go for it. 

You can hire an attorney after , IF an issue comes up and USCIS raises questions on that marriage. A good attorney can help navigate the responses .

The story line you tell is worrisome because: 

1. your wife got pregnant w another man’s child 

2. your  petitioning USC daughter was born out of a relationship with another woman 

Both 1 and 2 took place during marriage and I-130 filing 

They may not catch it , but if they do you will need to show it was a real marriage, not for papers. 

Daughter was already born, way before the marriage, im not trying to used the marriage 

What i m trying to ask from the beginning was if i can use the 245i for that time or not?

We paid the $1000 fees plus the regular fees back in that time, if i cannot use this, we will continue doing the other steps need it to receive the gc 

Just trying, if is possible save those $, that could be use to pay a lawyer of other forms need it

We will try the steps that you gave us

thanks

Edited by icperez

11 hours ago, icperez said:

Daughter was already born, way before the marriage, im not trying to used the marriage 

What i m trying to ask from the beginning was if i can use the 245i for that time or not?

We paid the $1000 fees plus the regular fees back in that time, if i cannot use this, we will continue doing the other steps need it to receive the gc 

Just trying, if is possible save those $, that could be use to pay a lawyer of other forms need it

We will try the steps that you gave us

thanks

What you paid back then for I-485 and I-485A was for the adjustment you abandoned ( did not show up) and you don’t get that $ back or claim credit for it. You pay new filing fees 

You have to use 245(i) otherwise you cannot adjust / get green card from within the US. As long as marriage was real and you have evidence of such ( in case it’s asked for) there is no issue. 

Filed: IR-5 Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline
5 hours ago, Family said:

What you paid back then for I-485 and I-485A was for the adjustment you abandoned ( did not show up) and you don’t get that $ back or claim credit for it. You pay new filing fees 

Dont want just said that everything was paid just reference here on forum

5 hours ago, Family said:

You have to use 245(i) otherwise you cannot adjust / get green card from within the US. As long as marriage was real and you have evidence of such ( in case it’s asked for) there is no issue. 

Thats our confusion as they never asked or mentioning when the documents are.forms were applying we didnt know if we have to mention or what to do and everything follow its curse now the interview its abroad

But somebody that came around 2009-2010 way after 2001, not kids only married could get the gc here too, looks lawyers know how to do it

But as some people dont want to tell what they do or what lawyers they use this guy is.one of them, its very commun on our community act like that

Thanks anyway we keep looking

3 hours ago, icperez said:

Thats our confusion as they never asked or mentioning when the documents are.forms were applying we didnt know if we have to mention or what to do and everything follow its curse now the interview its abroad

Your daughter simply did an I-130 petition which can be filed for any qualified beneficiary ( in the US or abroad). There is NO “they” who will explain the legal process, even if you call USCIS you will be told yo get an attorney or get confusing info from a zealous tier 1 rep.

I am assuming here that you entered EWI ( entry without inspection) and did not enter w a visa??

Your friend who entered in 2009 and had no 245(i), I will assume entered w a visa so he could adjust as an IR ( immediate relative) anytime.

Do yourself a BIG favor, at least take your daughter, your FOIA and pay for a consultation with a good attorney..look for one que habla espanol.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.