Hilarious Clinton

Editor fired after publication of Islam cartoons

183 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Why don't promient muslim leaders show true outrage and denounce the violence of muslims killing innocent people in the name of thier God? To be such a peacful religion, it certainly is the most violent in all of the world. As such, it is worthy of such accurate depictions as a political statement.

Muslims have much work to do to change the image us non-muslims have of the faith.

Sighs... Muslim leaders and do and have shown outrage. The fact that our media is very selective about what (and who) they choose to air does not change that fact. What it does do however, is create a mistaken impression that religious fanaticism is dominant, which I don't think is necessarily accurate. There are moderate muslims, just as there are moderate christians.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
Why don't promient muslim leaders show true outrage and denounce the violence of muslims killing innocent people in the name of thier God? To be such a peacful religion, it certainly is the most violent in all of the world. As such, it is worthy of such accurate depictions as a political statement.

Muslims have much work to do to change the image us non-muslims have of the faith.

Sighs... Muslim leaders and do and have shown outrage. The fact that our media is very selective about what (and who) they choose to air does not change that fact. What it does do however, is create a mistaken impression that religious fanaticism is dominant, which I don't think is necessarily accurate. There are moderate muslims, just as there are moderate christians.

That is right! We do not get the whole story with the media.

I-129F Sent : 11-22-2005
I-129F NOA1: 12-16-2005
I-129F NOA2: 02-09-2006
NVC Received: 02-27-2006
Left From NVC: 03-02-2006
Consulate Received: 03-15-2006
Interview Date : 03-21-2006 Approved
Visa received : 3-24-2006
Married 6-2-2006
Aos timeline
dec 12 2006 : AOS application mailed to chicago
dec 14 2006 : arrived at chicago
dec 20 2006 : Check cashed
dec 21 2006 : NOA (Missouri Service Center)
jan 08 2007 : Biometric
jan 11 2007 : RFE for I-864
jan 19 2007 : Sent RFE to Lees Summit
jan 26 2007 : Got email from CRIS, received response from request of initial evidence
jan 30 2007 : transfer to California service center
feb 01 2007 : touched
feb 09 2007 : California received
feb 13 2007 : touched
feb 14 2007 : touched
feb 15 2007 : touched
feb 20 2007 : RFE notification from email
feb 21 2007 : touched
feb 28 2007 : RFE in the mail(marriage certificate again)
mar 02 2007: Sent RFE to CSC
mar 09 2007 : Got email, they received response for RFE
mar 12 2007 : Touched
mar 19 2007 : received email from CRIS, Card production ordered
mar 21 2007 : received email from CRIS AOS approved
mar 23 2007 : received Snail mail approval
mar 24 2007 : Green Card arrived (with misspelled mid name)

Filed: Timeline

I fully believe there are moderate muslims...unfortunately for the faith they are not the ones we hear from. They are not the ones making media reports every damn day of the week. We do see daily images of common muslim peoples spreading messages of hate. Clerics advocating jihad and moderate scholars rationalizing and justifying violence. We also see little children growing up with a lifes dream of being a suicide bomber in the name of their God. These are real and undisputable facts associated with muslim faith. And it is undeniable that the muslim faith is the most violent in the world. Yes, there are good muslims just as there are bad christians but the facts don't change. Just look at the rhetoric of the President of Iran.

What can the moderate muslims of the world do to improve the image of the faith? Rise up and wage JIHAD against those redical elements and show the outrage. Take your faith back and PROVE Islam to be a faith of peace. Until moderate muslims take responsibility and reclaim Islam from the radicals, the world will continue to view Islam as a religion of violence. Continued violence only confirms what many believe.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Pretty much says it all doesnt it?

It gets worse:

About 500 protesters who gathered in London on Friday carried signs with slogans such as: "Freedom of speech, go to hell" and "Kill, kill Denmark!"

As they walked through the British capital, they shouted: "What do we want? Jihad! [holy war!] When do we want it? Now!"

"The only way this will be resolved is if those who are responsible are turned over so they can be punished by Islamic law, so that they can be executed," Abu Ibraheem, a 26-year-old protester in the British march, told the Associated Press. "There are no apologies ... Those responsible would have to be killed."

these guys are fvcking morons. if they feel that way - they should move to afghanistan and attempt to join the ranks of the now relatively disfunctional taliban.
Pretty much says it all doesnt it?

It gets worse:

About 500 protesters who gathered in London on Friday carried signs with slogans such as: "Freedom of speech, go to hell" and "Kill, kill Denmark!"

As they walked through the British capital, they shouted: "What do we want? Jihad! [holy war!] When do we want it? Now!"

"The only way this will be resolved is if those who are responsible are turned over so they can be punished by Islamic law, so that they can be executed," Abu Ibraheem, a 26-year-old protester in the British march, told the Associated Press. "There are no apologies ... Those responsible would have to be killed."

and i happen to be a muslim who too is offended by the caricture's - however, would like to ask any and all muslims, capitalizing on a phrase made popular by christians, but modified - 'what would mohammed (pbuh) do?'

Taking an uneducated guess, I'd say phoning in bomb threats and masking up and garbbing a gun to threaten the lives of innocent people would not be on his action plan. Once that is understood and lived, such cartoons won't be out there. Simply because they wouldn't have any point. Unfortunately, as the state of affairs is currently, they do...

brings me great pleasure to see that someone is able to clearly differentiate the messeage from the messenger - the followers from the actual faith.........

i agree that the cartoon would not have a point if certain muslims hadn't acted in a certain way - however the cartoon could have been done in many ways without overstepping religious sensitivities. no one would raise all of hell if the caricuture was meant to depict a random current day religious muslim figure - or a generic imam - however it is the actual depiction of the prophet that is sore point.......

And I will bet that all their pics are with the right people! GO USA!!!!!

coracao.gif

CAROL & MARC

MY HONEY'S PROFILE

Remove Conditions

08-28-08 - Mailed I-751

08-30-08 - Delivered

09-01-08 - Touched

09-03-08 - Check cleared

09-06-08 - NOA1 in the mail (dated 08/29???)

10-09-08 - Biometrics (Touched)

12-16-08 - Email "Card production ordered"

12-24-08 - Santa came and brought my present (Greencard in the mail!)

kitazura.gifkpuppy1.gif

BICHON FRISE LOVER!!!

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

I fully believe there are moderate muslims...unfortunately for the faith they are not the ones we hear from. They are not the ones making media reports every damn day of the week. We do see daily images of common muslim peoples spreading messages of hate. Clerics advocating jihad and moderate scholars rationalizing and justifying violence. We also see little children growing up with a lifes dream of being a suicide bomber in the name of their God. These are real and undisputable facts associated with muslim faith. And it is undeniable that the muslim faith is the most violent in the world. Yes, there are good muslims just as there are bad christians but the facts don't change. Just look at the rhetoric of the President of Iran.

What can the moderate muslims of the world do to improve the image of the faith? Rise up and wage JIHAD against those redical elements and show the outrage. Take your faith back and PROVE Islam to be a faith of peace. Until moderate muslims take responsibility and reclaim Islam from the radicals, the world will continue to view Islam as a religion of violence. Continued violence only confirms what many believe.

There are also Europeans and Americans who think the cartoons are distasteful and pointless unless meant as provocation. Nevertheless, those are not the voices we hear and most likely those are not the voices broadcast by the Middle Eastern or Southeast Asian media. You might as well say prove that Western values are about peace and understanding of cultures. Instead we see the likes of Samuel Huntington or George W. Bush beating the drum of culture clashes; it's "us" against "them," it's "civilization" against "savagery," and it's "modernity" against "medievalism." And the Western media is following the mantra of contrast and contradictions in the same way as the media in the Muslim world.

Additionally, it's of course all about sensation and what is more sensational than a group of turban-wearing brownish people burning European or American flags? What's sensational about some moderate Muslim going on TV and telling people to chill? Has anyone considered why we didn't see this uproar in September?

The whole affair is ridiculous and the way it escalates further every day on BOTH sides is even more ridiculous. The world is full of idiots and there is no reason to congratulate either side on their hate; doing so will just fuel the fires of extremism.

And I will bet that all their pics are with the right people! GO USA!!!!!

Just out of curiosity: and how does all this relate to the USA?

Permanent Green Card Holder since 2006, considering citizenship application in the future.

Yes really it should be GO Denmark!

:lol:

Also todays newspaper is just tomorrows cat litter liner - if this had been ignored (the 'we are above commenting on this stupidity from ignorant cartoonists' stance from the faithful) then it would probably never have been noticed by most of the world.

As it is, those who are protesting have ensured the entire globe has now seen it, making it more, and not less, offensive.

I despair of common sense somtimes.. :no:

Applied for K1

Met online 2001 - just aquaintances

Sept 2002 - 1st US visit - everything goes perfectly.

Dec 20th - Forms recev'd at CSC

Dec 27th - NOA1 received by snail mail!

Dec 29th - 'Touched'

March 10 2006 - NOA2!

March 23 - recv'd at NVC

March 24 - petition sent to London

April 9th - Pkt 3 rec'd!

May 17th - Pkt 3 signed for at London Embassy

May 24th - Medical

May24th - Pkt 4

June 14th - Interview 10am - APPROVED 1pm!!

June 16th - Visas received in my hot little hands 1pm :)

July 19th - flying to US!

July 27th - Married!! :-)

Aug 7th - Applied for SSN in married name

Aug 9th - SSN received

uk.gif1273.gifusa.gif

3dflagsdotcom_uk_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

I'm not a lawyer I just have opinions on everything :)

animated flags from http://3dflags.com

I am sorry if you feel I have misrepresented your views, and I apologize if I have. Perhaps if I expand upon my logical progression, you could point out the flaw. Here is the quote to which I refer:

Any questioning of or attempt to do objective studies of the Holocaust is a jailable offense in most European countries. (What about that much-lauded "freedom of speech," ET ? )

I believe that had you not referred to forbidden studies on the holocaust as "objective," I would have no grounds for my accusations. However, you did.

I don't think there's anything wrong with "objective studies" of the Holocaust, but I do have an issue with

anyone who "questions" it. Surely some people may not realise the depth of the horror, but any attempts

to "question" the Holocaust today are tantamount to utter ignorance and stupidity.

Exactly, and she questioned it by stating that banned studies (those which deny the holocaust) are objective.

That's how I read it, too. I am not sure that there was another way of reading it...

Also todays newspaper is just tomorrows cat litter liner - if this had been ignored (the 'we are above commenting on this stupidity from ignorant cartoonists' stance from the faithful) then it would probably never have been noticed by most of the world.

As it is, those who are protesting have ensured the entire globe has now seen it, making it more, and not less, offensive.

Very good point. I understand that the cartoons originally appeared back in September last year. Took a whole 4 months for that to be made known to the rest of the world. And it sure wasn't that Danish newspaper that made it known and ensured the re-printing of those cartoons around the world... :whistle:

Edited by ET-US2004

I must admit that after days of protests and the most violent threats, the manifestation of one German captured and released, property damage in the West Bank, and the Danish embassy in Syria being set alight isn't that bad. I suspect the first two would have occurred irrespective of this controversy anyhow. It's quite possible that a bomb may go off in Copenhagen tomorrow, but for now, I'm rather impressed.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Real and indisputable facts eh? The media isn't truth, merely an interpretation of it. What we see on TV isn't all there is, and we should never accept it as such.

Again, there is a big difference between moderate muslims, not only in the middle east but in Europe and the US, and the US who's views are rarely, if ever communicated in the news media. That's not necessarily due to desire against speaking out - but because the media chooses to focus its eye predominantly on the fundamentalist elements.

Here's an article from todays news in which a British muslim leader expresses outrage over the actions of the protesters. Is this man a 'west-hating' fundamentalist?

Edited by Fishdude

It makes me laugh when anything said remotely related to Muslim is negative...someone always pulls out the Jewish/Israeli card holds it up and makes a comparison. Why is that?

:dance:

It happens every time there is a thread like this. It's just a diversion. Sometimes Jews, Christians or even Santa Claus. Anyone really. Just to divert from the truth.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

Let em riot all they want.......it would get boring after a while.

Just shows you how easy it is to make anyone believe almost anything in the name of religion.

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Real and indisputable facts eh? The media isn't truth, merely an interpretation of it. What we see on TV isn't all there is, and we should never accept it as such.

Again, there is a big difference between moderate muslims, not only in the middle east but in Europe and the US, and the US who's views are rarely, if ever communicated in the news media. That's not necessarily due to desire against speaking out - but because the media chooses to focus its eye predominantly on the fundamentalist elements.

Here's an article from todays news in which a British muslim leader expresses outrage over the actions of the protesters. Is this man a 'west-hating' fundamentalist?

So, the thugs spreading violence and hate aren't real people? They're just actors employed by the media? :unsure:

Scott - So. California, Lai - Hong Kong

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_chchk_2fagm.gif

Our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1032

Our Photos

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=7mj8fg...=0&y=x7fhak

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...z8zadq&Ux=1

Optimist: "The glass is half full."

Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."

Scott: "I didn't order this!!!"

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

"Losing faith in Humanity, one person at a time."

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." - Ps 146:3

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Vicky >^..^< She came, she loved, and was loved. 1989-07/07/2007

So, the thugs spreading violence and hate aren't real people? They're just actors employed by the media? :unsure:

no...the do not represent the majority muslim population..just like the Klan does not represent christians..or the church in Kansas that protests at service men killed in iraq burial

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

no...the do not represent the majority muslim population..just like the Klan does not represent christians..or the church in Kansas that protests at service men killed in iraq burial

And how Borat doesn't necessarily represent Kazakhstan.