Hilarious Clinton

Editor fired after publication of Islam cartoons

183 posts in this topic

protest1.jpg

Muslims protest outside Regent's Park Mosque in London

Does anyone else find it ironic that these people are holding placards saying "freedom

of expression go to hell", yet exercise their right to freedom of expression in doing so?

Does the guy on the right LOVE or HATE fantasy football? It's not too clear.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Pretty much says it all doesnt it?

It gets worse:

About 500 protesters who gathered in London on Friday carried signs with slogans such as: "Freedom of speech, go to hell" and "Kill, kill Denmark!"

As they walked through the British capital, they shouted: "What do we want? Jihad! [holy war!] When do we want it? Now!"

"The only way this will be resolved is if those who are responsible are turned over so they can be punished by Islamic law, so that they can be executed," Abu Ibraheem, a 26-year-old protester in the British march, told the Associated Press. "There are no apologies ... Those responsible would have to be killed."

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Timeline
and i happen to be a muslim who too is offended by the caricture's - however, would like to ask any and all muslims, capitalizing on a phrase made popular by christians, but modified - 'what would mohammed (pbuh) do?'

Taking an uneducated guess, I'd say phoning in bomb threats and masking up and garbbing a gun to threaten the lives of innocent people would not be on his action plan. Once that is understood and lived, such cartoons won't be out there. Simply because they wouldn't have any point. Unfortunately, as the state of affairs is currently, they do...

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

these guys are fvcking morons. if they feel that way - they should move to afghanistan and attempt to join the ranks of the now relatively disfunctional taliban.

It gets worse:

About 500 protesters who gathered in London on Friday carried signs with slogans such as: "Freedom of speech, go to hell" and "Kill, kill Denmark!"

As they walked through the British capital, they shouted: "What do we want? Jihad! [holy war!] When do we want it? Now!"

"The only way this will be resolved is if those who are responsible are turned over so they can be punished by Islamic law, so that they can be executed," Abu Ibraheem, a 26-year-old protester in the British march, told the Associated Press. "There are no apologies ... Those responsible would have to be killed."

and i happen to be a muslim who too is offended by the caricture's - however, would like to ask any and all muslims, capitalizing on a phrase made popular by christians, but modified - 'what would mohammed (pbuh) do?'

Taking an uneducated guess, I'd say phoning in bomb threats and masking up and garbbing a gun to threaten the lives of innocent people would not be on his action plan. Once that is understood and lived, such cartoons won't be out there. Simply because they wouldn't have any point. Unfortunately, as the state of affairs is currently, they do...

brings me great pleasure to see that someone is able to clearly differentiate the messeage from the messenger - the followers from the actual faith.........

i agree that the cartoon would not have a point if certain muslims hadn't acted in a certain way - however the cartoon could have been done in many ways without overstepping religious sensitivities. no one would raise all of hell if the caricuture was meant to depict a random current day religious muslim figure - or a generic imam - however it is the actual depiction of the prophet that is sore point.......

Timeline

3/09/07 - Mailed out I-751 to TSC - expiration date is 03/13/07 - Cutting it close!

3/12/07 - USPS confirms delivery

3/13/07 - Check clears bank

3/21/07 - Reciept for BioMetrics Fee

Timeline

This makes me very angry. These neanderthals came to the UK from some primitive backwards

country and were welcomed with open arms, unemployment benefits and free healthcare, and

this is how they repay us?

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

these guys are fvcking morons. if they feel that way - they should move to afghanistan and attempt to join the ranks of the now relatively disfunctional taliban.

It gets worse:

brings me great pleasure to see that someone is able to clearly differentiate the messeage from the messenger - the followers from the actual faith.........

i agree that the cartoon would not have a point if certain muslims hadn't acted in a certain way - however the cartoon could have been done in many ways without overstepping religious sensitivities. no one would raise all of hell if the caricuture was meant to depict a random current day religious muslim figure - or a generic imam - however it is the actual depiction of the prophet that is sore point.......

I wonder: If the prophet is not to be depicted, how would anyone know what he'd look like? :huh:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

It gets worse:

I don't recall calls for executions and "holy" war when Andres Serrano produced his "Piss Christ" monstrosity... why are so many Muslims so thin-skinned and reactionary?

protest1.jpg

Muslims protest outside Regent's Park Mosque in London

Does anyone else find it ironic that these people are holding placards saying "freedom

of expression go to hell", yet exercise their right to freedom of expression in doing so?

Not that ironic; these people don't believe in free speech for all, only for themselves, like all other fascists.

Edited by Scott & Lai

Scott - So. California, Lai - Hong Kong

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_chchk_2fagm.gif

Our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1032

Our Photos

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=7mj8fg...=0&y=x7fhak

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...z8zadq&Ux=1

Optimist: "The glass is half full."

Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."

Scott: "I didn't order this!!!"

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

"Losing faith in Humanity, one person at a time."

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." - Ps 146:3

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Vicky >^..^< She came, she loved, and was loved. 1989-07/07/2007

It makes me laugh when anything said remotely related to Muslim is negative...someone always pulls out the Jewish/Israeli card holds it up and makes a comparison. Why is that?

I also had to laugh at the person who made reference to Jews being outraged if anyone had depicted a cartoon of the holocaust etc etc etc ...and then goes on to use the word 'chutzpah'.

Now that really is chutzpah

:dance:

Edited by Bree

Connor Isaac born April 18/05

connoratthepool2uc.th.jpg

untitled9os1.th.png

No, your inferred holocaust denial and anti-semitism are out of order. This is a dispute between the secular but mostly Christian nations of Europe and the Muslim world. To insert a jab at Israel and Jews deserves ridicule.

It's maddening to watch moderate Muslims become subject of such racism from the West, yet allow the extreme elements to do their best to validate these views. You will always make a more effective argument if you moderate your rhetoric, stay on topic, and ground your points in reality.

You have just made some very serious, specious and malicious allegations about me which are entirely baseless. You need to put yourself in check.

Where have I EVER made "anti-semitic" statements, OR "denied the Holocaust" (either in outright terms OR by insinuation) ????? My mention in this thread of the fact that free and uncensored study/discussion of the Holocaust is forbidden by law in some countries, or my questioning/criticism of the policies of the Israeli government in other unrelated threads, is an example of neither. And your pulling of the "anti-semite/Holocaust denier" cards shows how desperate you are to stifle such debates.

You have now sunk below the mere hurling of snide insults, and actually stooped to what are legally known as libel and defamation of character. And after all that, you actually have the chutzpah to say that I'm the one who needs to "moderate" my "rhetoric" and "ground" my "points in reality" :lol: Look in the mirror, bub.

I am sorry if you feel I have misrepresented your views, and I apologize if I have. Perhaps if I expand upon my logical progression, you could point out the flaw. Here is the quote to which I refer:

Any questioning of or attempt to do objective studies of the Holocaust is a jailable offense in most European countries. (What about that much-lauded "freedom of speech," ET ? )

I believe that had you not referred to forbidden studies on the holocaust as "objective," I would have no grounds for my accusations. However, you did.

1. Holocaust denial and other pro-nazi revisions of history are banned in many European nations.

2. You state that, "objective studies of the holocaust (are) jailable offense(s)."

Therefore, I can conclude that you believe holocaust denial or other pro-nazi revisionist views of history are objective. I define objective to mean, "having actual existence or reality."

You have stated a belief in holocaust denial or some other pro-nazi version of history. I find it to be idiotic. To be libel or any form of defamation, what I said would have to be untrue.

Should you be interested, here is a link to a libel case of the very same structure you are inferring which was tried in Britain.

Edited by Gerard

Timeline
I am sorry if you feel I have misrepresented your views, and I apologize if I have. Perhaps if I expand upon my logical progression, you could point out the flaw. Here is the quote to which I refer:

Any questioning of or attempt to do objective studies of the Holocaust is a jailable offense in most European countries. (What about that much-lauded "freedom of speech," ET ? )

I believe that had you not referred to forbidden studies on the holocaust as "objective," I would have no grounds for my accusations. However, you did.

I don't think there's anything wrong with "objective studies" of the Holocaust, but I do have an issue with

anyone who "questions" it. Surely some people may not realise the depth of the horror, but any attempts

to "question" the Holocaust today are tantamount to utter ignorance and stupidity.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Reaction to the cartoons is unfortunate, but not unpredictible.

There's a self fulfilling prophecy there I think - on the one hand the islamic fundamentalists are (predictably) gnashing their teeth and demanding oceans of blood for this insult.

On the other you have to consider the millions of law abiding, moderate muslims (separated from us by a significant cultural and ideological divide) who will look upon this as yet more proof that Europe and America can only understand Islam by the actions of its most radical members. Ask yourself, who wins in the end? It certainly isn't us...

That brings me to the cartoons themselves. Good satire comes from a knowledge of the subject you are satirising. You can't satirise something unless you understand it. With that in mind, do these cartoons add anything to the public debate that the Islamic religion is not one which endorses murder and violence?

Talking about cartoons, I have been searching the internet and I haven't been able to see what they looked like :unsure: . Personally, I don't think that it was a smart move, considering what is going on in the word today. Why "add fuel in the fire"?

I don't think these cartoons characterize European vues on Islam, nor do the violent protesters in Gaza characterize the whole Muslim world.

Every society has its standards of what is acceptable.

PEACE ON EARTH

Sometimes I think I know everything, and I regain consciousness. Seen it all, done it all, forgot most of it....

So much plenitude, yet so much emptiness

everest-summit.jpg

The Journey, Part I: I-129F (K-3)

I 129F sent to Chicago 11/14/05

NOA1 12/14/05, received by snail mail 12/23/05

NOA2 01/17/06, received by snail mail 01/20/05

Received Packet "3" 02/17/06

Medicals done in Nairobi 03/22/06

VISA APPROVED in Nairobi 03/30/06

Husband arrives ni USA!

The Journey, Part II: EAD and AOS

EAD mailed to Chicago 05/17/06

horserun.gif

I don't think there's anything wrong with "objective studies" of the Holocaust, but I do have an issue with

anyone who "questions" it. Surely some people may not realise the depth of the horror, but any attempts

to "question" the Holocaust today are tantamount to utter ignorance and stupidity.

Those ignorant enough to question the actual occurence of the holocaust might want to consider an educational trip to Buchenwald, Auschwitz, Sachsenhausen, what's left of the Warsaw Ghetto or any one of the dozens of sites that serve as undeniable physical evidence of the atrocity. I've been to a number of those place and it's one of the most chilling experiences I have ever had. To have some moron or a whole friggin herd of them come around and declare that none of that ever happened is simply outrageous.

Exactly, and she questioned it by stating that banned studies (those which deny the holocaust) are objective.

Denial of genocide is just one of my hot buttons. :angry:

i too hope muslims can react to this rationally, and not go ape sh!t and commit the usual totally random acts of violence we tend to succumb to.......

I have not seen any of the depictions, but isn't one of them the Prophet with a a turban with a burning fuse? Tells me that the cartoon is a statement of how people believe the muslim religion has become dominated by this very violence you just aknowledged. Remember, it is just a cartoon depicting an opinion of someone who does not have any alliance with the muslim faith. Certainly, muslims may not like it or may even be insulted by it but showing this level of outrage over a depiction is misdirected. Why don't promient muslim leaders show true outrage and denounce the violence of muslims killing innocent people in the name of thier God? To be such a peacful religion, it certainly is the most violent in all of the world. As such, it is worthy of such accurate depictions as a political statement.

Muslims have much work to do to change the image us non-muslims have of the faith.